Return to the Tropical Fruits Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Please help me my guava tree is bare

Posted by annnettem 10 (My Page) on
Thu, Dec 19, 13 at 16:12

I have a guava tree, not sure of the variety, but I had it grow in my garden, probably came in with some other veggies or something.

I left in in my garden until it was about 6 ft tall and had it replanted in a more suitable location.

It's been 10 days and it has dropped every last leaf the few remaining are totally brown, hard, and dead.

I scrape off with my nails on the outer branches a bit of bark and it is still green right under so it is still alive.

Please help me what to do in this case? I really do not want to lose this tree. I do not know if I should be watering, letting the sprinklers take care of it or what?

In the garden it was not being watered at all as my garden bed has been barren for the last year so it was not being watered other than the sprinklers, but somehow it is dying :(

Zone 10 here so it's perfect for growing guava, but please any advice to keep it alive as it is on its last leg.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Please help me my guava tree is bare

I have never tried transplanting one, so don't know how it liked that idea. I do know that they naturally 'shed' or have loose bark. Mine is the same height as yours, and is beginning to drop some of her leaves. If it still has a wick,
as you described (green under bark) you might just want to leave it alone and see what happens. Guava don't like to be over-watered.
And hopefully, a true guava expert will see your dilemma and offer some more advice than my limited experience.
Good luck with it, that's a nice sized plant.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Tropical Fruits Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here