Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
nullzero_gw

Happy Holidays!

nullzero
12 years ago

Wishing everyone a great Christmas, Hanukkah, New Years, and any other holiday I did not mention. Have fun and be safe for the holidays.

Comments (14)

• jfernandez
    12 years ago

Merry Christmas to you....stay warm!

JF

• Andrew Scott
    12 years ago

Merry Christmas too all of you here! You all have played such an important role in helping to nurture my tropical fruit hobby. I came to this forum 2 or 3 years ago and all the knowledge I have gained has been invaluable!!

You all are truly awesome people and I appreciate that all of you have been so kind and not making me feel like a moron..LOL!

Some of the other GW forums are not nearly as friendly(I have found a few forums where the people have been not so nice at all!

Have a safe and Merry Christmas and an awesome New Year!

Take care guys!

Andrew

• tropicdude
    12 years ago

Happy holidays everyone, I want to thank all of you here for making this a great forum to visit, and all those that helped out with information and tips etc.

And may Jack frost not nip any of your trees in the buds.

-William

• hmhausman
    12 years ago

We'll be having a record warm Christmas here in S. Florida. So no nipping here unless I decide to get "nipped." The good news, not very much powdery mildew....the bad news, anthracnose is rampant and many of the earlier flowering mango trees have set fruit only to have them turn black and fall off. So...I want to wish all here on the Forum a very joyous, peaceful and healthy holiday season. I'm not a religious person, myself, but I am all for anything , be it holy day, holiday or festival that causes people to celebrate and be kind to each other rather than to try to kill each other.

Harry

• stressbaby
    12 years ago

Well put, Harry, and best wishes for a happy holiday season for everyone!

Robert

• berto
    12 years ago

Feliz Natal and a Happy New year to all of you. Thank you for the tips and the good shared information!

• pj1881
    12 years ago

Im with Harry, lets celebrate peace on Earth! And this 85 degree Christmas is a little extreme, the Sri-Lankan weevils are sure happy!!

• ohiojay
    12 years ago

Peace to all. May we all be healthy and our trees fruitful.

• mangodog
    12 years ago

Ho Ho Ho!

Merry Christmas to ALL!!!!!!!!!!!

mangoblitzen

• zands
    12 years ago

Chappy Chanukah and Merry Christmas to all fruit tree growers. When you plant fruit trees you are a forward thinker, hoper, wisher and prayer. Those who plant annual crops like wheat, rice and rye are wishing and praying too. So best of New Years to all backyard farmers and all real farmers who grow for profit. Who grow the crops and animals that sustain us. Best of New Years to the fertilizer industry and John Deere and other tractor/combine/etc manufacturers. We are fortunate to have the best most productive agricultural sector in the world. Laser guided tractors, GPS guided tractors, we got it all and invented a lot of it

TitleÃÂ Harvesting wheat with horse drawn combine, Spokane County, Washington, ca. 1909

Repository University of Washington Libraries. Special Collections
    Division.

ÃÂ

• lycheeluva
    12 years ago

i echo harry's thoughts exactly- and if everyone on earth grew lychees, there would be no wars!!

• gnappi
    12 years ago

If everyone grew lychees, we'd all be overweight :-)

• johnb51
    12 years ago

Really? Is it the lychees after all? Not Coke, french fries, burgers, pizza, ice cream, desserts, lack of exercise, etc.?

• jeffhagen
    12 years ago

You can definitely put on weight from eating lychees. I can wolf down 5 pounds in a sitting, which I guess is around 1,300 calories. Mangoes are even worse :-).

Jeff