Return to the Tropical Fruits Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Is it OK to plant Sugar Apple Tree now?

Posted by st9988 Florida (My Page) on
Sun, Dec 5, 10 at 21:30

I purchased a sugar apple tree from a local grocery store. The tree is about 2-3 feet tall. Is it ok to plant the tree into the ground now? A lady at the grocery store said it's not good to plant during winter. Is that true? Any advice would be appreciated. Thank you.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Is it OK to plant Sugar Apple Tree now?

I would think you should wait in case you have freezes. It would be much easier to move indoors if you have a freeze. That may have been what that woman was referring to.

Andrew

o

What part of FL do you live in st9988? If you live far enough south you could wait for this cold front to pass then plant it. Wouldn't be that much of a big deal. Will probably lose all of its leaves cause of the cold but shouldn't matter much. Just don't over water or fertilize now to avoid it shooting new growth and then getting hurt bad by future cold.
You could always wait for the weather to warm up and play it safe. No real reason to plant it now anyways because it will pretty much be dormant anyways. Might as well just leave it in the pot till Spring.

o

Just reading the name my mouth is watering :) I love that fruit! Congrats on your new tree.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Tropical Fruits Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here