Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
lycheeluva

new 'greenhouse' pics

lycheeluva
12 years ago

i have turned up the heat in my garage so the temps are now about 70 degrees during the day and low 60s during the night. the plants are loving it (my wallet will hate it)

pretty sure now that the new growth from my beloved mauritius contains flower buds, though not as many as my sweetheart- time will tell. no sign as yet of growth, flower or leaf from my 3 other lychees. my jaboticaba is looking great- tons of new foliage, though it never flowers in the winter and so far has only put out less than 10 flowers each summer. hoping for a little more action from it this summer- its my second oldest plant- i bought it as a large 7 gallon from jenese tropicals about 3-4 years ago.

my golden nugget tangerine blooming for first time- nice amount of blooms but foliage looking very tired

unknown variety of tangerine- excellent flavor, very easy to peel (in fact, as you tug on the fruit to pick from the tree, the fruit conveniently leaves a circle of the peel behind on the tree giving you an east start to begin the peel- [ a left over peel circle can be seen in the top right hand portion of pic] is that common with tangerines?) and very productive- my oldest plant- purchased from a local nursery about 5 years ago (very rare to find non-temperate fruit trees for sale in nyc)

unknwon vairety of lychee airlayered from one of harry's lychees- posting several pics in ase anyone can identify

sweetheart lychee blooms - maybe 15-20 bloom panicles on the tree- really hoping for fruit this summer

my psm mango purchased as a 3 gall from Jeff H-

growth on mauritius lychee- pretty sure this contains blooms- basing this on whitish circular colored shapes on the panicle visible bang in he middle of the pannicle and towards the tip of the pannicle

bunch of pics of maha chanook purchased as an airlayer from harry in june 2011. doing great- flowering vigorously from all 7 terminals, which each have one inflorouscence except one terminal which has 3-4. do terminals produce more than one mango where they have multiple inflos? or will you likely end up with one mango per terminal regardless of the number of inflos? (obviously as a young mango tree grown in a container in NYC, id be thrilled with one mango from the whole tree, so my q is obviously theoretical?....!!!!

3-4 inflos from one terminal

Comments (2)

Sponsored