Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
muddauber7

Black Swallowtail opened this morning

muddauber7
14 years ago

Wow! I had a black swallow tail butterfly emerge right before the game started, maybe 11:45. I have 7 more still in their crysallis (sp). They have been like that since mid Oct. . Is this common? Can I expect the others to open? I almost threw them out around Thanksgiving but for some reason, I couldn't bring myself to do it Thanks for any info........Go Cowboys!! ...Billy

Comments (14)

• muddauber7
    Original Author
    14 years ago

O.K. My bad. After posting I went through my bookmarks and came across the pertinent info. Now I remember why I didn't throw them out. Still is was an amazing and surprising thing to greet me at game time...As to the Cowboys.. great year,,,BLNT! ....Billy

• carrie751
    14 years ago

They just failed to 'ALL' show up at the same time...AGAIN.
    Terribly disappointing !!!!

• beachplant
    14 years ago

I rescued a monarch cat just before the freeze. He's waiting to hatch stuck to the cord for the dvd player.
    Tally HO!

• muddauber7
    Original Author
    14 years ago

Cool ! Be sure to let us know how it turns out. ...Billy

• muddauber7
    Original Author
    14 years ago

Another one opened this morning,exactly one week later. Gotta love mother nature!........Billy

• princealbert
    14 years ago

Muddauber,
    Where are the pics???
    You could at least share the beauty.
    lol
    princealbert

• muddauber7
    Original Author
    14 years ago

I haven't figured out how to post pics yet. Maybe you could tell me how?......Billy

• princealbert
    14 years ago

Muddauber- Billy

Here are instructions for posting pics. I found it using the search block at the top of the page.

How can I post an image or picture to the forum?
    Posting images to the forum: The simplest current method seems to be on the Photobucket website. Unless you know about image URLs and the HTML and tags, try and use the various Web image storing site explanations.

Image posting etiquette:

Images that are larger that 100kb (right-click your image and select "properties" to find size info) will make other forum members impatient waiting for the full image to appear on their computer--especially if they have a dial-up connection to the Internet, as this is somewhat slow.

If you know how to re-size your image to make it smaller before posting it, please do so.

Since most posted images are of general interest to the forum, occasional hot-linking of photos, even largish ones, is OK. This forum has a photo gallery section--consider using it to post larger photos and then refer to that image in your text message in the regular forum. There is a set of image posting instructions in the forum Gallery section.

Entered by Larry_Genecopied and posted by princealbert

• muddauber7
    Original Author
    14 years ago

Thanks Princealbert. I will look into it. Billy

• roselee z8b S.W. Texas
    14 years ago

It's easy to post pictures from Photobucket. It's a free photo storage site. Lots of posters use it.

There a lot of instructions on the link. It sounds complicated, but it isn't. (I know -- everything is easy when you know how ... LOL)

You probably don't need to worry about the editing part in the link. You can edit from your photo program that came with your camera. But do remember to resize to about 750 or 800 or the pictures will be too big.

Basically you just load your photos to Photobucket and use the 2nd HTML code (it appears below the picture) in the message body to post them.

Carrie -- you can do it too! :-) I'm pretty much technically challenged and if I can do it anybody can!

We'd love to see your photos!

Here is a link that might be useful: Instructions for using Photobucket ...

• linda_tx8
    14 years ago

Are they inside in a warm house? They should be in a cold place so they won't emerge until spring. The ones that emerge in winter won't survive unles you're in a very warm climate.

• muddauber7
    Original Author
    14 years ago

Yes. They were inside the house. I had simply forgotten about them. I put the remaining ones out in my barn....Billy

• linda_tx8
    14 years ago

Even without being in the house, sometimes we emerge in the winter if it gets too warm. But I don't think it getting too warm outside will be a problem this year! The peaches trees got all their needed winter chill hours long ago!

• linda_tx8
    14 years ago

Oops...I meant THEY emerge. Yes, we do emerge in winter, but I was talking about the butterflies!

Sponsored
Hoppy Design & Build
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars9 Reviews
Northern VA Award-Winning Deck ,Patio, & Landscape Design Build Firm