Tell me what y'all have been up to

jolanaweb
17 years ago

whether it a whine or whatever. catch me up

jolana

Comments (75)

• sally2_gw
    17 years ago

I like the pictures, too. Keep 'em coming!

Good to see you back, Jolana. All's been quiet my neck of the woods. I'm sitting here enjoying the sunshine coming through the window. Squeaky, one of my cats, crashed on the spot of sun that's hitting the bed. She's enjoying the sunshine, too. I'm planning to take advantage of the sunshine and head outside to get what little yard work done I can. We have a huge pile of bagged leaves we've collected from the curbs around town, but just dumped beside the house. They have to be moved to a better place till it's dry enough to spread them. I've also got some tree pruning to do. So, I'm off to enjoy the sunshine outside.

Sally

• Bev__
    17 years ago

I love the puppy & kitty pix. I'd add mine, but in pix mine look like black blobs, you can't even see their eyes.
    Kristi,our puppies need a play date. Mine are a bit bigger than yours. Heidi is 8lbs 4 oz and tubby Harley is 12 1/2 lbs. Heidi is a little over 1 yr old and Harley will be 1 Feb 1. Harley is my bratt puppy....he just CAN'T be good.

• natvtxn
    17 years ago

That reminds me. I just love that show "Dog Whisperer".

• beachplant
    17 years ago

Finished the float for Mardi Gras.
    Tried to keep from freezing, now I'm trying to keep from freezing and drowning.
    Carried in plants, carried out plants.
    Cleaned the house like a mad woman yesterday.
    I'll be gone about 3 weeks, major surgery tomorrow. I should be out of the hospital by Thursday, my sister is coming down to help when hubby is at work.
    You can catch me up when I get back. Hope to be recuperated enough for MG!!
    I just can't believe how terrible ya'll treat those poor animals. Where is Gran when we need her??
    TallyHO!

• remuda1
    17 years ago

Bev, that sounds like fun. I have to warn you though, Pepe' can be a bit obnoxious when he's getting to know other pups. He's not aggressive in the least, just wants to sniff every square inch, ya know? I was just on my way back from the feed store and thought....hey, it's 61 degrees! Bev needs to get out there on that boat!

Tally, best of luck on your surgery. You'll be in my thoughts and prayers. Hey, isn't this a great reason to get a laptop????? LOL.

Kristi

• jolanaweb
    Original Author
    17 years ago

Tally, take care and you will be in my thoughts and prayers also.

I'm well now, if you need more help...holler, hear?
    jolana

• pjtexgirl
    17 years ago

Thanks Pam! I'll check them out Monday.
    Poor Tally! Hope it goes well.
    Bev, you gave your dog an outlaw name like Harley. What did you expect?
    Sally, stop making me feel like a lazy bum. I only managed to snag 6 lousy bags! I still can't believe it. I have to prune too. My trees are still quite short so I've been stalling.
    natvtxn, the last dog whisper I saw..well... the only dog whisper I saw... Involved the most bizarre thing I think I've ever seen. It was SO wierd. This lady who was obviously from outer space and hadn't learned to cover real well, had a bubble gum pink house.The house was pink,the rugs were pink,the furniture was pink,all of her clothes were pink and maybe her hair was pink but it might have been platinum blonde. The color scheme of her house angered the dog but he really didn't get pissed until she dyed his poor lil dog self pink too. It was hideous! The dog was so angry. The dog whisper guy didn't tell her to bleach the dog back out but he did mention that she should stop fluffing around cooing and stand the little beast down. It was little and snarling and snapping to beat the band. ("What have you DONE to me you *****-*** woman!") I felt sorry for the dog. Ms. Pink never did approach the dog in the show but it did allow the whisper guy to touch him. I think it was trying to be nice despite it's humiliation in the hope Whisper guy would take him home and make him a normal dog again. Poor dog. Hopefully the dog will sneak out one day and find a real home. PJ

• carolann_z8
    17 years ago

Jolana, Olive is so cute. I love the Yorkies too. We used to have a Yorkie and a Silky. They were both very tiny but they wouldn't back down to a Rottweiler.
    The cats make me sneeze. I wish they didn't.

Bev, you little gambler you. I went to Vegas and only lost.
    I did win a little at Winstar once.
    Winning is so much more fun than losing.

Pam, what a long drive. I hope you find something closer.

PJ, I sure hope you find something soon.

• carrie751
    17 years ago

Tally, prayers are being said for you. Please have someone (maybe your sister) post so we will know how you are doing. You take care, and we will be hearing from you soon.

• rick_mcdaniel
    17 years ago

Playing flutes, and making some jewelry. Got some gourds to work with, next.

Otherwise......just the usual 5am to 6:30pm grind.

• Jacquelyn8b
    17 years ago

Tally and I are keeping the medicals folks in the green.
    *Best wishes for a fast recovery, Tally!

Spent yesterday pruning poodles and organizing my seed stash.
    Funny how some packets come up missing until you buy more then- POOF! - there they are.

I can't even imagine someone coloring their poor dog pink. Isn't that pooch abuse? (Shaking head in disgust)
    Nope, I don't miss television one little bit.
    Y'all have such sweet furbabies. Every one of them appear to have loads of personality.
    Go figure, with this bunch as their family/pack!

• natvtxn
    17 years ago

Tally, I am late on wishing you well. I hope your recovery is swift.

I bought my lap top just for that purpose. At first you are too sick to use it and by the time you can pick it up, they send you home.

• carolann_z8
    17 years ago

Tally, I didn't see where you posted about having surgery. Sorry
    This is what happens when you have grandkids over all weekend.

I hope you have a speedy recovery and you're in my prayers.

• carrie751
    17 years ago

It's in this thread, Carol Ann --- back up and read Tally's post.

• sylviatexas1
    17 years ago

beachplant-

Take care of yourself, & come back here just as fast as you can.

I'm holding you in my thoughts & in my heart.

Kristi-

Those kittens are *babies*, much too young to survive on their own.

& they'll be used to being fed & being warm & being taken care of.

Couldn't the feral or foster group find them homes?

I once took in a feral & her 2 babies, & I made a mistake & left them with her...

& she taught them to be wild.

That was maybe 15 years ago, & I still sometimes think about them & wish I'd separated them & tamed the kittens.

• remuda1
    17 years ago

Sylvia, those pictures were taken last year. I bottle fed the two little fuzzbundles until they were drinking formula out of a bowl and eating kitten food. They were a lot easier to get onto the bottle (it was actually a 1cc syringe at first) than I thought they would be. They went from that to sucking the formula out of a bowl. After a few weeks, I started adding the kitten food to the formula in their bowls. Those two really knew how to eat and when they knew it was time, they would start in HOWLING for it :). I was able to find a home for the siamese looking one and the trap/nueter/release people found a home for the dark one. A friend of mine took the siamese, but I cried when the group took the dark one.

The group only releases the *adult* cats back out after they are spayed or nuetered. All of the very young kittens that are caught are placed with foster until they are old enough to eat on their own and then to be spayed or neutered. They are then found good homes.

This is an ongoing problem at the barn where I trained horses, I was happy to do this small thing to help out. They were a joy to have around and it made me feel good to be able to socialize them with Pepe' since it only makes them more adoptable to people with dogs.

I wish I could do more of it, but the barn is located far, far away from this organization and they don't make it out unless we really stay after them (read: annoy them). Your concern was well founded because you are right....they were only a few weeks old :).

Kristi

• sally2_gw
    17 years ago

Tally, I sure hope you're doing well in your surgery and recovery. I'll keep you in my thoughts and prayers.

PJ, it seems very few people in my neck of the woods have learned to use their leaves. Of course, I live in an older neighborhood with lots of trees, so some people may feel overwhelmed by all their leaves.

It really didn't take all that long to move the bags of leaves and do the pruning. We had to get the pruning done, cause the branches were rubbing on the roof of the house - not a good thing. My red oak tree didn't seem to like getting it's haircut. DH and I were carrying a branch to the pile by the street, when all the sudden I got whacked in the face by a branch. DH didn't see it happen, and I have no idea which branch or what it was that whacked me. I'm just glad I was wearing my sunglasses, and that it didn't hit me an inch to the left, or I might have had a broken nose. I don't even have bruising, luckily, but it sure felt like I was destined for a good shiner. My sunglasses now have a piece missing from the frame.

It's not so easy to get organizations to help with adoptions, but now, or even yesterday, is the time to get those kittens on a waiting list, if they'll even put you on a waiting list. That's why I have 6 cats, now.

Sally

• pjtexgirl
    17 years ago

OMG Sally! I'm glad you didn't get nailed on the eyeball! I've had a branch come out of nowhere and bop me too while cleaning up. Couldn't believe it! It flicked my glasses off but didn't chip them. I think you got hit harder. I had a black spot in the corner along my brow line.(thankfully my eyes don't blacken easily!)I was just happy my glasses landed well and I didn't end up blind.PJ

• jolanaweb
    Original Author
    17 years ago

Sally, geez, you were lucky. I'm glad it didn't give you a shiner or worse.
    Who's being greedy with the mulch guy????
    Isn't that HIS job?

I sure have missed my son since he moved out, he use to go out on the forest/creek and rake a bunch of gooooood leaves for me, HEY, I NEED the mulch guy.

Quit bogarting the mulch guy, lol

• Bev__
    17 years ago

Talley....hoping your surgery goes well, be sure & let us know how you are.

PJ...Harleys full name is Harley Davidson, because he is black with a white beard and white chest hairs. He's very pretty, looks like a girl and I thought with his coloring Harley Davidson was a strong masculine name. Little Heidi still beats him up. He's more of a lover than a ruff neck.

Kristi......my dogs are sniffers too, thats how they get to know each other. My little Heidi plays rough. They love playing with other dogs and are very social. My oldest daughter(in Phx) has 2 yorkie boys & a girl basset hound.
    I won't be going out in the boat till it's in the 80's for a bit. I can handle some cold, but cold on the water is really cold....goes right thru you.
    What feed store do you go to? I'm only 5 min. from Arrow/Shaefer feed store on 377.

Pam...know what you mean about driving down your road and relaxing. I feel the same way when I turn off 377 onto Old Granbury Rd.

• natvtxn
    17 years ago

Wasn't Richard or somebody going to volunteer to be the mulch guy? Or was that just for the calendar?

• jolanaweb
    Original Author
    17 years ago

Kathy, I don't know but where is he? LOL

Kathy, there is an old secretary desk on craigslist that is just what I have been looking for and guess where it is? San Antonio.

They haven't emailed me back. If it still available I will be going there.

• pjtexgirl
    17 years ago

Rick? Well? You working out yet? LOL!PJ

• bossjim1
    17 years ago

I think that was James. The one who lives in Texas and New Jersey.
    Jim

• jolanaweb
    Original Author
    17 years ago

What the heck are y'all talking about? LOL

• natvtxn
    17 years ago

You are right, it was James.
    I knew it would drive Jolana crazy!
    Should we tell her...(about all those mulch guys that are going to her house)?

• carrie751
    17 years ago

I've kept the secret, Kathy !!!!!

• rick_mcdaniel
    17 years ago

Working out? Nah, PJ, I'm too old for that foolishness. I just do whatever work around the house and garden I have to do, and that's enough for this old body.

• jolanaweb
    Original Author
    17 years ago

Not that I had THAT far to go but it's working, lol
    How many are coming? I'm off to take another shower, lol

• bossjim1
    17 years ago

Jolana, while you were gone, the girls were bad. They got a little wild and out of control. They went to reminiscing about the "Mulch Guys" you promised them as prizes on the "What's this Plant" thread back last year. I'm sure it was just cabin fever, but they got a little bit CRAZY! I finally found them some Mulch Guys to ease their pain, but they didn't like 'em.
    Jim

Here is a link that might be useful: Gardening Resolutions

• jolanaweb
    Original Author
    17 years ago

I had to copy this over here because I mistakenly posted on the thread you dug up, lol
    Yes, I'm still on a few drugs, LOL

OMG, y'all went more bonkers while I was gone.
    I trust Tally's judgement so James would work and did he say *fig leaf*?
    That works for me also, lol

Jim, those 2 you found, I think they are related to the bad neighbors on one side of me, lol
    I've had enough of them.

Since I've just gotten over a dreaded diesease, sniff, sniff
    I need the bestest mulch guy first and longer.LOL
    I have to say tho my old pick of the mulch guy was MUCH better then I've SEEN, lol
    Thanks for digging this up for me it was very, very entertaining, lol

Where are some of the posters?
    jolana

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

• natvtxn
    17 years ago

Dang, busted!

• jolanaweb
    Original Author
    17 years ago

It took me a few minutes to find this but I have a hard copy of this thread that carried me thru some STUFF recently
    I was fortunate enough to print it out with all of the pics

I have laughed til I cried reading it and read it while crying to laugh. I have shared it with more people, even strangers at hospitals and Dr's offices, lol

I love y'all

Here is a link that might be useful: One of my Fave threads

• carolann_z8
    17 years ago

I haven't been reading this thread for a while and now I have to go to work. I only read bits and pieces.

Dang....you guys have me curious.
    I'll have to sneak in the bosses office and try and read more.

Who is James and when did he become the mulch guy.

Jolana if you find him then hold him captive till Carrie and I get there. Just to make sure he's a good strong mulch guy.

• carrie751
    17 years ago

And don't work him too hard, as Carol Ann will need to bring him back with us.

• pjtexgirl
    17 years ago

Man! Bossjim ratted us out! Geez. Well, Rick is gonna drop the ball,where's this James guy? PJ

• jolanaweb
    Original Author
    17 years ago

Okay, go back up to Jim's last post

Better be careful what you wish for. I was running my mouth yesterday and could have gotten something Grandma's soap wouldn't have washed off, EEEWWW

• rick_mcdaniel
    17 years ago

Bond? He's around.

• pjtexgirl
    17 years ago

As in James Bond? Oh heck, I'd fight for that mulch guy. Pierce Brosnan...whoo hoo! PJ

• jolanaweb
    Original Author
    17 years ago

Oh poo, he will NEVER be a Sean Connery, lol

• remuda1
    17 years ago

Oh poo, he will NEVER be a Sean Connery, lol

Amen!!!

• carolann_z8
    17 years ago

Oh Jolana, I just noticed the thread you saved.
    How in the world did you save that?

We sure had a lot of fun.

I'm glad it kept you going through rough times.

My vote is for George Clooney. He can mulch my beds any day. lol

Shoo...is it hot in here?

• jolanaweb
    Original Author
    17 years ago

CarolAnn I do like him but I really like that look he has
    where there is a smirk/grin and look in his eyes like, you know what I just did and what I'm fixing to do, lol

• carolann_z8
    17 years ago

That is the perfect description of George.

So, Georgie must've been mulching your beds too. lol

• jolanaweb
    Original Author
    17 years ago

Is that what you call it now, lol

• carolann_z8
    17 years ago

Heck, I don't know.

It's getting late and I'm rambling again.

Maybe I'll go to bed and dream about the mulch guy.

Nighty nite

• pjtexgirl
    17 years ago

I'm not touching this! LOL!PJ

• carrie751
    17 years ago

Me, either, PJ - they will have to work their way out of it, and Carol Ann takes the easy way out and goes off to work.

• pjtexgirl
    17 years ago

LOL!PJ

• Bev__
    17 years ago

I don't really need a mulch guy, but I'd love to have Kevin Kostner hanging out in my yard/house!