Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
prairiepaintbrush

Facial Peel

prairiepaintbrush
17 years ago

Has anyone ever done a facial peel. I bought facial peel stuff, but it took so long to get here, I don't think I can stay out of the sun long enough to do it now.

It's TCA or TRICHLOROACETIC ACID PEEL.

Comments (24)

• carolann_z8
    17 years ago

I've been wanting to try a facial peel myself but never have.

Let me know how you like the results.

• Jacquelyn8b
    17 years ago

Nope, I'm fairly certain I get the same results from gardening on a really windy day! My DH calls it 'snake face'.

My best friend does a facial peel every two weeks.
    She said it's like a really good exfoliation but it can cause breakouts when you first start.
    You shouldn't get it near your eyes or on very delicate skin such as nostrils or the corners of your mouth.

That said...she NEVER goes outside except to get in her car.
    The sun sensitivity would be a big deterrent to most of us gardeners.
    My guess is exfoliation with brown sugar every day or two and a good sunblock is our best bet.

• terryisthinking
    17 years ago

Do you have fair skin PrairiePB? Or any conditions like Rosacea?

I have rosacea, so could not try it, but it sounds interesting. How long do you have to stay indoors?

• prairiepaintbrush
    Original Author
    17 years ago

Well, see, the thing is that if you do the 25% you have to stay in for like 9 or 10 days, so I can't do that. If you do the 13% I think you can go outside, you just have to wear sunblock.

I have some Indian in me, and used to tan very dark (thus the desire for skinpeel at this time) but my skin isn't as impervious as it used to be. I really wanted to do the 25%, but I guess I'll just have to wait for next winter. To my knowledge I do not have Rosacea, but I'm sure it could turn up at any time.

• bev1951
    17 years ago

I was just reading someplace about using sea salt, honey, & avocados for your skin - don't remember exactly but I bet if you googled it the recipe would be there. I've gotten alot more diligent about skin care lately. I saw chicken skin on my neck agggghhh !! Think I'll have to google it too & this time write it down !!

• remuda1
    17 years ago

I've never done a peel (and don't want to), but I do use Olay's Microdermabrasion product and love it. When I was young and using all of the crap that young girls do on their faces, I used to tell my mother that Olay was for old ladies <:o. now it all i use. use their cleansers and moisturizers. after spending a lifetime in the sun find works best with better results than others for me. wish had started using those years ago.>Kristi

• natvtxn
    17 years ago

We use to call it oil of "oldlady". Now I am the old lady. I am going Wednesday to have a laser treatment for a couple of large brown spots ( about 3 nickle sized) . I will let you know how it goes.

• pjtexgirl
    17 years ago

Good luck! PJ

• terryisthinking
    17 years ago

Didja do it yet?

• bev1951
    17 years ago

Kathy, how did the laser tx go ? Bev

• natvtxn
    17 years ago

It went fine. It took just about 10 minutes. I could smell the skin burning for about 5 or 6 seconds. She said it would be uncomfortable for about 24 hours. But it quit hurting in 4 hours. By hurting, I mean like when you have a mole frozen.
    I'll let you know in a few days after it peels.

• prairiepaintbrush
    Original Author
    17 years ago

Cool on you, Kathy. I'm glad you did it!

Kristi, in my opinion, the regular Oil of Olay isn't good for much, but I agree, their new products are very good. Haven't tried dermabrasion. I remember once asking a girl in an office where they did it if it made a difference and she basically said no, so I kind of mentally rejected ever considering it. Does it make a big difference for you?

• pjtexgirl
    17 years ago

No pics eh(ducking)? J/K!Hope it turns out better than you hoped. PJ

• remuda1
    17 years ago

"Does it make a big difference for you?"

Julie, it's the only product that I've ever used that I thought made ANY difference. I use the facial cleansing cloths and the moisturizer, as well as the microdermabrasion stuff. I think it's evened out my skin tone and my skin just seems to retain moisture better without feeling oily. LOL, I don't know how to 'splain it, Lucy', but my skin seems to feel and look fresher all the time.

Kristi

• natvtxn
    17 years ago

PJ, There's not a lot that can be done for 63 years old skin. This morning it feels like it will just flake off.
    I have to admit I was a bit nervous. I was thinking which do I want a scar or brown spots. But as usual 90% of what I worry about never transpires.
    Ok, as soon as I can get some one to take a pic., I wll. Then we will have before and afters

• jolanaweb
    17 years ago

Well, beautiful is beautiful Kathy.
    I'm just glad you had it taken care of.

• bev1951
    17 years ago

Glad it went ok, isn't that laser stuff cool ? No telling what else they'll be able to do with it in the future. Bev

• natvtxn
    17 years ago

Here's the right after photo. it looks darder than before the treatment. Dr. said the darker the spots before, the better the rusults.

When I was growing up sun glasses were a fashion statement.
    I never heard of sunscreen until maybe the late 70's. I would not use one until a non greasey one came out. I'll do an after in a few weeks.

{{gwi:1308866}}

• pjtexgirl
    17 years ago

You have wonderful skin!I must have worked.PJ

• jolanaweb
    17 years ago

Like I said, beautiful is beautiful.
    Kathy, I had forgotten you cut your hair and it was lighter.
    Your skin is beautiful and you never used sunscreen for that long???

• natvtxn
    17 years ago

I did not use sunscreen until about 3 years ago. I am clostrophobic (sp?) and felt like I could not breath with any thing on my face. I wear makeup only if I am going some place. Even moisturizer drives me crazy.
    I have done all the wrong things. All the above plus I wash my face with Dove soap.
    Just think how beautiful I would be if I had done thing right! hahahaha

• jolanaweb
    17 years ago

Dove must work, my GM used it and even as much as she frowned, her skin was beautiful, lol

• carrie751
    17 years ago

Kathy, I could not view this photo, but I have seen others, and you are a beautiful lady - and this doesn't even cover the inner beauty!!!

• prairiepaintbrush
    Original Author
    17 years ago

AGGGGGGGGGGGGGGHHHHH!!! I CAN'T SEE YOUR PICTURES!!! Okay. I made myself a member and I can't see her pictures.

I hate the internet. I hate computers. I hate the internet. I hate technology. I hate computers. I hate the internet.

ahhhh. feel better.