Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
remuda1

What a lovely evening :)

remuda1
17 years ago

Really enjoyed the Native Texas Plants presentation yesterday evening. Jerry seems quite knowledgable and just a really nice person to boot! Finally got to meet Bev, Carolann and PJ as well :). Carolann brought gift packets of seeds for Pea Vine which I am anxious to try out. Thank you Mam! PJ's boys are really really well behaved and just good kids :) and PJ is a bundle of energy! Bev is a just a kick in the rear! She had Pam and I laughing up a storm on the way to PJ's house. We got to meet her pups on the return trip and I can't wait to see her place in the daylight. It looks beautiful. Thanks to Bev also, for driving in the nasty weather. It's nice to have an experienced hand at the wheel with those conditions. Here's a little bit of dirt on Bev though!! LOL, she is a FABRIC-A-HOLIC!!!!! All that she has to do to cheer herself up with this yucky weather is open a drawer or closet!!!! It's beautiful and the colors.....WOW is all I can say. I can't wait to see some of the things you make Bev. Thank you so much for making Pam and I feel so comfortable and welcome in your home :). And sorry, I just couldn't resist letting your secret out ;).

Can't wait to meet those of you that couldn't make it last night. Hopefully, you will be able to make it to the Sperry show!

Kristi

Comments (14)

• jolanaweb
    17 years ago

That's wonderful, I'm so glad y'all had and good time AND learned something, lol doesn't get better than that, lol

When I hear things like this, it really makes me wish I lived closer to y'all. When the weather is nice (is it ever gonna be) I'll make it back up there.
    Carolann and I have been talking about a halfway meet.
    PJ's boys are very well behaved and beautiful, I mean handsome, lol
    jolana

• pjtexgirl
    17 years ago

I had a great time too! Isn't Bev a hoot! I felt safe with her driving and really,really appreciated it. I don't drive well in rain or snow.
    It was great to meet you Kristi and good to see Pam after so long. Carol and Cathy look so ready for spring!(Make the cold go away!)
    Dr Jerry and his wife are lovely,gentle people. It was wonderful to hear him speak again. PJ

• carolann_z8
    17 years ago

Thanks Kristi, it was good to finally meet you and Pam. Jerry goes all out for his lessons and he's a valuable asset to our club.

PJ's always fun to be around and her kids are always good. I don't know her secret but she'd make a good Supernanny. lol

Bev is a gem. She's smart and funny.

I just wish we could've visited longer but maybe at the Neil Sperry show we can.

Jolana, we're going to get to hang out when we get some decent weather.

• carrie751
    17 years ago

I am so jealous, but glad at the same time that you guys had such a good time. Jolana, you and I will get to join them one of these days. Even though there is a blanket of white here this morning, I know it won't be forever (will it?).

• pjtexgirl
    17 years ago

Alright...Carrie make it go away!!!!! Someone? Anyone?
    It would be great to all hook up! PJ

• carolann_z8
    17 years ago

Carrie, we'll have to start planning our trip to see Goober Girl.
    After all, I don't want you to get cabin fever and start thinking you're a chick, like PJ.

• pjtexgirl
    17 years ago

I'm a hip chick darn it! PJ

• jolanaweb
    17 years ago

PJ, you're a peeping chick, lol
    Carrie, this better end soon, lol
    It IS supposed to be a early Spring because again like last year, my gophers didn't see their shadows, lol

Kathy and Petra should drive to my house and then we drive from here to Belton or Temple and y'all yankees meet us there, lol

• carrie751
    17 years ago

Hey, who are you calling a Yankee? Better watch out, I'll be sending you some of the white stuff.

• jolanaweb
    17 years ago

Hehehehe, no, no, I take it back, lol

• Bev__
    17 years ago

I'm a yankee, originally from MN. I've been living in the south since 1979...so am I still a yankee?

I was so happy to finally meet Pam & Kristi. I think we all hit it off pretty well. I enjoyed everyones company. Ditto about PJ's boys, they are very well behaved and friendly.

Carol even brought me a belated b-day present. Thank you again.

Tomorrow is bulb planting day, flowers, onion & garlic. I'm a little late. I also plan on getting my seedlings started. The puppies are getting a bath too, they're disgusting.

Kristi......I am a fabricaholic! I can't hide it anymore,I have too much! I love buying fabric. I love handling it & coordinating all the colors. I think I may be a bit out of control, but it makes me happy! My sister has a name for it, something like obsessive-compulsive-something.
    I'm looking forward to our next outing to the garden show.
    I'll drive again,esecially if we need the bigger vehicle. I don't mind.

After I got home Thurs I did some odds & ends and played with my puppies. Around midnite I went to Walmart & Kroger and did my grocery shopping. I got home around 2, put groceries away, then me & the puppies went to bed. I read for a few hours trying to get tired. It was daylight when I finally got t sleep and we slept till 1! That's the latest I've slept in a long time. My pups are such bed bums, they still didn't want to get up.

Also, thank you for all the nice compliments.
    I think you are all pretty darn special. Gardeners all tend to be animal lovers and animal lovers are usually fun,interesting & caring people. The kind of people I like being around.

• carolann_z8
    17 years ago

Good idea Jolana.

You can call me Yankee. It's better than Heifer. hehehe

Bev, I'm looking forward to the garden show too.

• carrie751
    17 years ago

And "heifer" is better than "picker" !!!!!!

• PKponder TX Z7B
    17 years ago

Hey, am I too late to weigh in on Thursday? We had a great time and I learned a bit about natives....still need to write a summary for those that missed out. This is my work week, so I have been pretty busy. Bev, it was great to finally meet you and your pups. You are a great driver and I thank you for driving. It was good to see PJ and the boys again too. I like hanging out with my bud Kristi too! All in all a lovely evening that I won't soon forget.

Pam