Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
plantmaven

A name for our swap

plantmaven
15 years ago

Some of us thought our San Antonio swap should have a name.

So far we have "SAPS".

Aren't we all saps for plants?

So, help us come up with a name.

The winning name will receive gas M*n*y to come to the swap.

Kathy

Here is a link that might be useful: Info San Antonio swap

Comments (13)

• plantmaven
    Original Author
    15 years ago

*****Maybe I better clarify that. I will provide gas for within 150 miles.....Not New Jersey.

• sylviatexas1
    15 years ago

hmmmmm.....

up to 150 miles, eh?

I'm much further away than that, but 150 miles worth of gas is pretty nice.

How 'bout Heart of Texas Plant Swap?

Yellow Rose Plant Swap?

I'll think on this some more...

• linda_tx8
    15 years ago

San Antonio Plant Lovers Anonymous Swap (SAPLAS)

• nbtonya
    15 years ago

Lovin' the creativity! Keep 'em coming!

• plantmaven
    Original Author
    15 years ago

At Roselee's suggestion, I linked this to the Cottage Garden forum. So far the most popular one is The Best Little Plant Swap in TX. LOL

• mla2ofus
    15 years ago

Being a newbie I think 'San Antonio' should be included in the new name (whatever is decided on) so other newbies would know where it is.

• nbtonya
    15 years ago

Thought I'd better bump this up as the swap is just 2 weeks away! I know we have some long trekkers that are coming (hopefully) so the gas offer might help. What did they used to say to us in elementary school... "put your thiking caps on!" I used to imagine that a thinking cap was some kind of electrical contraption with wires and electrodes that helped you think better.......

Tonya

• roselee z8b S.W. Texas
    15 years ago

Tonya said: "I used to imagine that a thinking cap was some kind of electrical contraption with wires and electrodes that helped you think better."

Me too! Recently read in a science magazine that brain researchers are seriously working with a contraption much like that. It has electrical magnents. Maybe we could rent one to come up with a name! ;-)

• nbtonya
    15 years ago

I'd just be glad to have one so I don't go to a room and not remember why I went there!

• plantmaven
    Original Author
    15 years ago

"chuckle"

A book I read, had a pastor visiting a retirement home. He told the people they needed to be thinking about the here after.
    A fellow said he did all the time. He said, "I walk in a room and think what the h*ll did I come in here after?".

WE could name the swap the here after swap, since we are here after plants. """groan"""

• nbtonya
    15 years ago

LOL, I love it Kathy!

• trsinc
    15 years ago

How about 'The Petal Pushers'. Remember pedal pushers, the capris type pants?

I like SAPS too.

• nbtonya
    15 years ago

Thought I'd better "bump" this so folks would remember to submit ideas! Cash for gas might be a very welcome treat, especially for some of you folks that are coming quite a distance (up to 150 miles, remember).

Sponsored
Kitchen Kraft
Average rating: 4.8 out of 5 stars39 Reviews
Ohio's Kitchen Design Showroom |11x Best of Houzz 2014 - 2022