Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
janet_w

vote for hospital to get new play room from colgate

janet_w
16 years ago

Hello Everyone

There's a campaign going on with Colgate for different hospitals in different states. The hospital with the most votes will win a new playroom.

This is a 30 second process... please pass this on to as many people as you can.

Please go to the web site below and vote for Houston (Children's Memorial Hermann Hospital ) to get a new hospital playroom from Colgate.

Visit the contest Web site today at www.colgate. com/showthelove

to place your vote the one in my area is for ChildrenÂs Memorial Hermann Hospital . Voting ends Feb. 29, and you can vote once per day.

It was an easy process and would benefit so many of our children that spend their time at the hospital. Send it on to all you know and see if we can win this for the kids.

VOTE TO HELP CHILDRENÂS MEMORIAL HERMANN HOSPITAL WIN A FUN CENTER

Make a difference in the life of sick and injured children by voting to help patients

at ChildrenÂs Memorial Hermann Hospital win a Fun Center from Colgate-Palmolive and Starlight Starbright ChildrenÂs Foundation.

"Play is an integral part of the healing process because it allows young patients to

distract themselves from pain and anxiety," said Richard Weir, director of the Child Life Program at ChildrenÂs Memorial Hermann Hospital . "If a child is lying in bed doing nothing, they tend to focus more on pain and it takes longer for them to recover.

If they have the opportunity to play, children are much more motivated to move around and focus on recovery."

Thank you

Janet

Comments (7)

• denisew
    16 years ago

Janet - I know you meant to post a website here, but I don't see the link. Could you please repost? Thanks.

• janet_w
    Original Author
    16 years ago

Hi Denise,
    Here it is again
    www.colgate.com/showthelove
    Thank you
    Janet

• carrie751
    16 years ago

Yes, Janet, please do. I have been voting each day, and Houston was in the lead today --- this would be such a good thing to get this for the children.

• denisew
    16 years ago

I just came back to recheck for that link and when I went to the site, the voting has been temporarily suspended. So, we'll need to check back later to include our vote. Gotta support our Texas hospitals.

• carrie751
    16 years ago

Well, unfortunately, we did not get enough people interested in it to win. Detroit beat us out, and I am very sad about that.

• janet_w
    Original Author
    16 years ago

Hi carrie,
    It is sad. Maybe next time Houston will win.
    Janet

• carrie751
    16 years ago

I really had high hopes that once it was posted on this site, we would have a large number of people respond. The contest did make it a bit difficult, as you could vote only once in a 24 hour period, and not before the 24 hours from your previous voting. Several times, I would have to go back and check as I did not remember the time I had voted the day before. A friend in Goodrich and I sent out daily reminders to our email friends, so I guess Detroit was just more alert than we. Maybe next time, I hope !!!!