Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
jolanaweb

I knew it!!!

jolanaweb
17 years ago

I've been telling my Drs for years that some days are so foggy and I beleived it was from the chemo and this being the fourth time having to go thru it, geez

To make matters worse a couple of Drs made me feel like I was crazy for even implying it could be the chemo

In 88 I don't recall it being like now but I was so much younger, maybe it is my age now but at least there are other people experiencing it.

There are page after page of studies now.

I feel somewhat relieved just knowing that

jolana

Here is a link that might be useful: chemo brain

Comments (34)

• bossjim1
    17 years ago

OK, you're in the "clear", but whats my excuse?
    Jim

• jolanaweb
    Original Author
    17 years ago

*by osmosis* don't post directly after me, lol

• rick_mcdaniel
    17 years ago

yeah.....well I haven't ever had chemo, and some days, my eyes just see atmospheric haze, even when there isn't any. (Makes taking pictures a real pain!)

Add an aging brain to the mix, and foggy can apply to most things I do! (grin)

So......maybe the chemo is just an extra.....and not the entire issue.

• bossjim1
    17 years ago

Jolana, me thinks Rick is breakin' to you gently that you're just getting OLD! Ha!
    Jim

• terryisthinking
    17 years ago

I can vouch for that foggy thing. My daughter forgets most everything I ask her to do, but remembers what I promise to do for her. Must be a left brain/right brain thing.

Actually - Even changing from one subject to another requires a little "shift" moment.

• jolanaweb
    Original Author
    17 years ago

Yeah, I understand the "shift" thing but it comes and goes.
    It is very frustrating.
    Bless her heart

• carolann_z8
    17 years ago

Oh Jolana, just dye your hair blonde. That's what I do.

This makes people expect very little of you. lol

Terry, your DD is doing what all our kids do. They always remember what they want to.

• jolanaweb
    Original Author
    17 years ago

Hahaha, that's too much trouble, maybe I should get a blond wig

• carrie751
    17 years ago

I would like to see you as a blonde, Jolana ---hehehe!!!!

• little_dani
    17 years ago

I resemble that! I am blond, and naturally so. It took me many years of dying my hair red to realize that I actually had a real built-in excuse, and was just wasting it. LOL

DH just tells me that I am aging. Actually, he says I am getting old and senile.

Janie

• pjtexgirl
    17 years ago

I was blonde now I'm reddish. Dumb blonde with a temper? If I get any more "foggy" they're gonna check me into an alzhiemer's institution. I can't remember why I walked into a room without a list in my hand practically.("Why the **** am I in here for d*mn it!!!") That is so irritating!!!PJ

• jolanaweb
    Original Author
    17 years ago

Janie, LOL I'm not saying I'm not old ans senile, lol but it has worsened, lol
    PJ, come out of the fog, at least til the *run* is over, lol

• carrie751
    17 years ago

And you get a few more years under your belt, youngun !!!

• pjtexgirl
    17 years ago

Not to worry Jolana! You don't need a brain to run. Just keeping one foot in front of the other and try not to trip over yourself...
    How old do I have to be to be senile anyway? I mean officially? LOL!PJ

• bossjim1
    17 years ago

I don't remember.
    Jim

• jolanaweb
    Original Author
    17 years ago

Me neither, lol

• natvtxn
    17 years ago

A preacher was speaking at a senior citizen's center. He told them they needed to be thinking of the here after.
    A fellow said, "Oh, I do that all the time".
    The preacher said, "that's wonderful"
    The fellow said, "not it's not, I still can't think what the he-- I came in here after".

• carolann_z8
    17 years ago

What were we talking about?

• jolanaweb
    Original Author
    17 years ago

LOL, that is a very good one Kathy
    carol, we were talking about you coming in the spring to help me move plants and weed, lol

• carolann_z8
    17 years ago

Jolana, you must've forgotten that you said you'd come over my house and do that!

Sheesh...we'll have to get some more post-its.

• jolanaweb
    Original Author
    17 years ago

Oh, oh yeah that's the way it was...but you must ave forgotten you said you would prefer to come here

• prairiepaintbrush
    17 years ago

Anti depressants do wonders for that foggy thing for me. Not that I'd advocate drugs for anyone... but ME, that is! *snort*

p.s. Jolana, I never knew you had chemo and I'm sorry. That has to be the worst! No wonder you garden!

• sally2_gw
    17 years ago

It makes perfect sense to me. Chemo's rough stuff. One of the reasons we decided not to do chemo for my mother was because they said it would make her alzheimer's much much worse.

By the way, it was my house you guys were supposed to come to to help out in the yard, don't you remember? Sheesh!

Sally

• jolanaweb
    Original Author
    17 years ago

Oh Oh yeah that's what it was, I do remember telling you I work for Bologna sandwiches, lol You gonna fix them for me, lol

• sally2_gw
    17 years ago

Is that all it takes? Well, what are you waiting for?

Sally

• jolanaweb
    Original Author
    17 years ago

LOL Sally , you are going to open a pkg of baloney and fix me a samich?
    Will you eat one with me?
    Do you remember the story of that?
    I spent 4 days at my DB's house in Abilene,he said come and help me and I'll feed you good." I was ripping out carpet, texturing walls and color washing them, he watched several ball games, lol and then he fed me baloney, lol
    He said, "when we were little, that was your favorite, hehehehehe

• carrie751
    17 years ago

Gee, Jolana, I'll do better than baloney sandwiches - all I need: a couple of rooms wallpapered, and some painting. I won't be ripping out the carpet for a few years, but may I keep you in mind????

• carolann_z8
    17 years ago

I could use a hand around here too.

I'll meet Sally's bologna samiches and raise you one steak and lobster dinner.

• jolanaweb
    Original Author
    17 years ago

Yeah, people always say that but then they drop it. My neighbor just had an addition put on and she has her hands full but doesn't want to feel obligated to anyone, no matter how many times you offer help, lol

• natvtxn
    17 years ago

I'll furnish room and board AND transportation.
    As soon as I can talk Carrie out of one of her donkeys.

• jolanaweb
    Original Author
    17 years ago

If the donkey is for mt transportation, you can forget it, LOL

Where would you put it, even if you could talk her out of one?

• carrie751
    17 years ago

Sorry, Kathy, talking will get you nowhere!!! LOL Besides, they are only 30 inches tall, so Jolana's legs would have to stay tucked up all the time.

• jolanaweb
    Original Author
    17 years ago

Boy, that a visual, LOL

• natvtxn
    17 years ago

I was thinking the same visual.