Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
zitro_joe

[Missin Texas] An update.

zitro_joe
15 years ago

Greetings all;

Been awhile since I have been on this forum. I lurk every now and then. Lots of new names around.

Tucson is nice. Lots of outdoor stuff to do, love that part of it. However, this is not a place I want my kids to grow up in. The education system seems horrible, kids are released at noon left to roam the streets. ahhh...

The update!!!!

1 FEB 2009 at 0605, Kayla Ann Ortiz was born!

7 lbs even and 18.5 inches long.

Comments (33)

• plantmaven
    15 years ago

Well hello! I was wondering about y'all just a week or so ago.

Bless that little angel!

Kathy, formerly natvtxn

• roselee z8b S.W. Texas
    15 years ago

Congratulations! She is precious. Great hearing from you. Come back to Texas soon as you can, okay?

• ltcollins1949
    15 years ago

Very cute!

• bobbi_p
    15 years ago

As always, beautiful babies, beautiful photos! I think we probably all thought of you last week when your old post about your wife's new car got bumped to the top by some scammer lookin' to get us into some money finance scheme!

Send us some photos of the whole brood and your new landscape sometime. Was your boy a February baby too??? How old are they now?

• sylviatexas1
    15 years ago

Congratulations!

She's a beautiful baby!

Love that hair & that little Cupid's bow mouth!

• pjtexgirl
    15 years ago

Zitro!!!
    Another baby? Wow!!! You do know how this is happening right? (old joke couldn't help it sorry)
    She is so pretty. I love babies and have a bit of baby envy.
    I vote 2nd on a family picture! Your lil girl must be feeling like a real big sister by now.
    You need one more boy so you and your son aren't outnumbered LOL! PJ

• zitro_joe
    Original Author
    15 years ago

HA! Thanks all.

Erin said NO MORE BABIES! Gotta see the doc......

Elijah was born on 02FEB, and Kayla was 01FEB. Back to back birthdays.

I'll see what I can do with the picture. Erin isn't too keen on pics of herself right now. Abigail is absolutely in love with Kayla, it's adorable.

Just finished our first year here. Headed to Afghanistan in May.

My mother and both of my grandmothers drove in last night. This morning we were greeted with rain, hail, and snow up in the mountains. They were a little shocked by that.

zitro_joe

• pjtexgirl
    15 years ago

Have fun if you go up to the snow!I highly recommend it! Throw a snowball for me I do miss snow in mountains.
    My boys birthdays are 6yrs and 10 days apart. I used to combine thier birthdays but the oldest is too old for that now.
    I'll pray for you while you're in Afganistan. Be safe OK?PJ

• plantmaven
    15 years ago

I just hate that you will be going "over there".
    Will your family stay in AZ?

My grandson will be going somewhere over there soon. I feel he will be safe, as the AF might not be worried about him, but they sure will be concerned about that KC10.

You will certainly be in my prayers, too.

Kathy

• zitro_joe
    Original Author
    15 years ago

KC10? I know that boom very well.

• zitro_joe
    Original Author
    15 years ago

Took a drive up Mt Lemon to get out of the house; Kayla stayed in the car with Grandma.

The base of the mountain:

3/4 the way up:

• carrie751
    15 years ago

Lovely family, Joe, and glad you are taking time to enjoy the area while you are in Arizona.

• pjtexgirl
    15 years ago

OMG! That is sooo beautiful! I'd just love to be there too. Wow kids do grow fast don't they? I remember when your boy was just a baby (the belly button thread) and I remember when you had questions about potty training Abigail and a picture of her in a little white dress as a toddler. PJ

• plantmaven
    15 years ago

Oh my, the kids are really shooting up. I do so remember her picture in the white dress. Elijah looks a lot like Erin.

My youngest son was born in Nogales. We would drive to Tucson to stock up. Have not been to Tucson in a while.
    In 2000, I bought a motor home and drove DH to Tucson to see his family for what I knew would be the last visit. His brother died in Feb. 03 and DH died in July 03.
    So there is really no reason to go back.

One of the prettiest sunrises is to watch Mt. Lemon at sunrise.

My grandson is a boomer. His father, my son, is a retired nav./instructor on a KC135.

• zitro_joe
    Original Author
    15 years ago

The kids are an absolute riot, watching them grow is a true joy. It's so much fun just to sit back and and watch them operate, see new things and interact with the world. Best times of my life.

That white dress pic...

{{gwi:1309040}}

• maden_theshade
    15 years ago

She's beautiful! Congratulations! My son just turned five months old and you are right about how neat it is to watch them learn and grow. Babies are a blessing!

• little_dani
    15 years ago

I really enjoyed reading this thread.

Congratulations on the new baby- she is adorable!

The kids are growing fast, and it is nice that you pay attention to that fact. One day they are little...well you know.

Sorry that you are going to Afghanistan. I pray for God to keep you safe.

All of my guys are stateside right now, but my nephew is going to England in June. My sister was so happy to know he would be in England, then learned that they would be staging out of England to Afghanistan for 3 month tours. He is in the AF, choppers. I pray for God to keep him safe too. He is the sweetest kid in the world (a 30+ year old kid.)

We have not heard anything about #1 Son deploying again, yet. I am sure we will. He is in it for the long haul.

It is funny, my sister loses weight when her son is over there; I gain when mine go! Not fair!

Stay safe, Joe, and thanks for keeping us posted on your lovely family.

Janie

• pjtexgirl
    15 years ago

OMG they are so cute! Amazing pictures of those beautiful children aren't they? PJ

• zitro_joe
    Original Author
    12 years ago

How is everyone? Things are well here waiting for my next deployment this winter. I'm here PCS whispered but nothing on paper yet.
    The kids

• zitro_joe
    Original Author
    12 years ago

*Please, excuse my poor wording*
    ...hearing PCS...

• melvalena
    12 years ago

Its so great to hear from you and see how much your beautiful children have grown! Thanks so much for checking in and updating us.

Also want to thank you for your service!

• roselee z8b S.W. Texas
    12 years ago

What Melva said :-) Love the photo and so appreciate you letting us know that you and your family are doing okay.

Not being up on the lingo that goes with texting I'm guessing PCS stands for 'places'...

• zitro_joe
    Original Author
    12 years ago

It stands for Permanent Change of Station. AKA - transfer.

• plantmaven
    12 years ago

OMG they are beautiful. So good to hear from you.

Thanks so much for what you do and what your family gives.

Kathy

• PKponder TX Z7B
    12 years ago

Oh, the kids have really grown! Thanks for checking in and God Bless for all you do for us!

• pjtexgirl
    12 years ago

Hey Zitro! It's good to hear from you :) I see your family is still as photogenic as ever. Kids really do grow fast. Next thing you know they'll be teens then adults. I hope you transfer back soon too.

• zitro_joe
    Original Author
    11 years ago

This forum seems to have slowed down, I still lurk to see what is going on...

Well, it has been 4.5 years since I left wonderful San Angelo, TX. Yesterday, I received a paper that told me to leave Tucson. REMEMBER THE ALAMO! Texas, I shall see you soon.

I hiked the east and south rim of the Grand Canyon last week, here is a pic. The wife was not happy when she saw this pic.

• carrie751
    11 years ago

I can understand why, Joe ........what were you thinking??

Anyway, glad to see you posting again, and yes, this forum is not as active as it once was.

• zitro_joe
    Original Author
    11 years ago

I can assure you that there was no thinking involved.

• carrie751
    11 years ago

Have you been gardening in Arizona?

• roselee z8b S.W. Texas
    11 years ago

Joe! Good to hear from you. Thanks for keeping us apprised as to your activities (yikes!) and whereabouts. Congrats on getting orders to come back to Texas.

• melvalena
    11 years ago

Hi Joe! Hope your move goes smoothly!

• plantmaven
    11 years ago

Hey! so good to "hear" from you.

Where will you be stationed?

Kathy

Sponsored
Peabody Landscape Group
Average rating: 3.5 out of 5 stars8 Reviews
Franklin County's Reliable Landscape Design & Contracting