Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
carolann_z8

Please pray for my brother

carolann_z8
17 years ago

I just found out that my brother has cancer in his lymph nodes. One is the size of a baseball and there are two other smaller ones.

We'll know more about it Wednesday. They say if it's Hodgkins disease then he'll have a chance so pray that it is.

Comments (67)

• Bev__
    17 years ago

I'm so sad to hear this.
    He can fight it.
    If you're going to have cancer, it's one that there is a broad variety of treatment for and the medical field has had a lot of experience with.
    My dad was diagnosed with non hodgkins lymphoma (lymph nodes) about 7 years ago. He has had 3 good remissions.
    He has been thru 2 under arm surgeries removing the larger tumors, several sessions of chemo & 1 session of radiation. His chemo treatments were NOT real aggressive. He never got sick from his chemo. He did lose his hair 2 times. He is 77 and still sexually active. He has never taken good care of himself. He still drinks & smokes. In the last year his chemo has metasized and is now in his bone marrow, lungs, groin, brain & liver. He has also has had many pieces of skin cancer removed in the last few years. He is still going strong. I guess the devil doesn't want him yet.(my dad is not a nice man & I do not like him, yet it's been up to me to financially support him and arrange his medical treatment and take care of everything for him since my mom died 9 years ago)
    What I'm getting at is....if my dad can live so long and live so well with his lymphoma, maybe your brother will be able to live a lot longer & a lot better than my dad by taking care of himself.

• jolanaweb
    17 years ago

Carol, I will keep praying and it will be treatable

• pjtexgirl
    17 years ago

I will pray for Nancy too. PJ

• carolann_z8
    Original Author
    17 years ago

Bev, thanks for posting that. This will give us some hope.

It seems like cancer is something that you hear about more and more. My older brother told me he read somewhere that they're linking cancer to your teeth. He said that when you don't take care of your teeth then the poisons will go down to your body and turn into cancer.

• carrie751
    17 years ago

I have two close friends with this type of cancer, Carol Ann, and both have been able to get it in remission with treatment. One of them will be coming with me to the Neil Sperry show on the 24th. My prayer will be for the remission of John's cancer and to pray for strength for Nancy. (((hugs))))

• sally2_gw
    17 years ago

Carol, my heart is reaching out to you and your SIL, and especially your brother, and your SIL's dad. Wow, what a load to carry.

Sally

• Bev__
    17 years ago

Carol...if you don't take care of your teeth and get an infection in your gums the infection can spread to your HEART and cause heart failure. Your brother probably had your other brothers cancer on his mind and misread the article.

In my last post I wrote that my dads CHEMO had metasized, I meant his CANCER had metasized/spread.

I guess I had chemo on my mind....
    dad is doing some experimental chemo treatments now. He said several months ago he was done fighting and wanted to let go, he'd had a good life and was ready to die. A few weeks ago I find out he's seeing a different DR I know nothing about and getting unapproved chemo and won't talk to me about it. He can't read or write and for the life of me I can't find out what he's gotten himself into now. He was doing so good.
    My dad has no money, only about $900 a month SS which barely covers his booze & smokes. If this treatment is unapproved then medicare won't pay for it. Who is paying?
    I don't imagine it's free....and why won't he tell us the details? Something is very fishy....smells bad.
    My son just got back to AZ from working & training with the FBI in DC Monday. I'll get him to check it out and get some answers. Also George will be in Phx Sat or Sun maybe he can find out something.

Does your bother John live in TX? Is he healthy otherwise? With such a big family you will have a good strong support group. That will help allof you.

• carolann_z8
    Original Author
    17 years ago

Thanks for being there you guys.

John lives in Waxahatchie and has never smoked and doesn't drink.

My Dad's family was large but unfortunately most of them are gone. My Dad was about 51 when I was born and only one of his sisters is still alive.

My Mom was an only child and she's gone too.

• terryisthinking
    17 years ago

I remember meeting your brother. He has such an interesting garden, and he showed us everything about it. I am so sorry for his troubles and the troubles over the family. I will remember to ask for courage for them.

• prairiepaintbrush
    17 years ago

I'm praying too!

• carolann_z8
    Original Author
    17 years ago

Terry, he really enjoyed the day we spent at your house too.

Thanks again

• lonestar7
    17 years ago

Bless you. Sending my prayers your way.

• prairiepaintbrush
    17 years ago

Is it too soon for an update? I have a good feeling.

• carolann_z8
    Original Author
    17 years ago

We won't know anything till Weds. but thanks for asking.

PPB, isn't your name Julie? I'm sorry for being so senile but sometimes it shows. lol

• prairiepaintbrush
    17 years ago

Yes, it's Julie. Don't worry a bit about being senile, I am too. Isn't your name... Carol? heheheh

• carolann_z8
    Original Author
    17 years ago

We heard from the doctors about my brother and he has 2 types of cancer. The large tumor is treatable but the 2 smaller ones will always come back and there's not much they can do for them. I don't know all the terms and I'm bad on remembering them anyway.
    They did a bone test to see if it was in his bones but it wasn't. He told me that bone test was the most painful thing he'd ever done. They don't deaden it and they go in with a large hollow needle and stick it into the bone.

Today my sweet little sister-in-law's dad died.

Please pray for them they have had a lot happen in such a short amount of time.

• Texasorbust
    17 years ago

Now testing and not knowing part is over, can start moving ahead treating and healing. ((((your family))))

Prayers your way,
    Susan

• bev1951
    17 years ago

Praying for them and you. Bev

• pjtexgirl
    17 years ago

Your poor SIL! She is in my prayers. I am sending healing thoughts to your brother and the rest of the family.PJ

• sally2_gw
    17 years ago

Oh, I'm so sorry about your SIL's Dad. And your brother - that test sounds like torture. I sure with the results were better, but I'm glad it's not in his bones. We're all pulling for him, and your SIL.

Sally

• natvtxn
    17 years ago

I have always heard that the bone test was a horror.
    I am so sad that your family is having so much pain and heart ache.

Love ya, kiddo

• jolanaweb
    17 years ago

Carol, I'll keep praying for a speedy and thorough recovery and I'm so sorry about you SIL's Dad
    You and your family will remain in my prayers
    jolana

• carolann_z8
    Original Author
    17 years ago

Thanks, I was just thinking yesterday how much you guys mean to me. Where would anyone go for advice, fun and to have a shoulder to lean on.

This is just like having a bunch of sisters and I always wanted a sister.

• natvtxn
    17 years ago

Dear Little Sis,

That'll work.

K

• Jacquelyn8b
    17 years ago

It seems like when one awful thing happens to one of our families - something else (bad) immediately follows.
    Then, thankfully, there is a quiet period that's just long enough to start healing.

Carol, I hope you and your family are entering that quiet, healing time now. No more trauma!

• pjtexgirl
    17 years ago

I'll be the insane sister no one likes to talk about. LOL!PJ

• carolann_z8
    Original Author
    17 years ago

Thanks Jac.

Kathy, I'd be proud to have you for a sister.

PJ, you always make me laugh
    You little baby brat sister. lol

• natvtxn
    17 years ago

Oh goodie, now I have a sister. Dang, does that mean the "brat" is my sister too?
    Yes, we have become sisters here on this cyber social scene.

• sally2_gw
    17 years ago

Hey, I'm open to any and all sisters, even the "brats!"

Sally

• jolanaweb
    17 years ago

I don't want to be the *middle* sister, that's all I ask, LOL

• carolann_z8
    Original Author
    17 years ago

Jolana, you can be the big sister who has to babysit the insane baby sister. LOL

Kathy, stop trying to disown your baby brat sister, just because she's a little wacko!!

• natvtxn
    17 years ago

Well dang, I have spent my whole life being the "poor picked on" middle child. LOL

• carrie751
    17 years ago

I don't want to be the middle child either - it was way too nice being the "baby" way past the time there should have been another child. The camaraderie here is certainly something to be proud of. I will even accept PJ as our "baby brat" -- I kinda like little brat sisters.
    Carol Ann, you and your family are in my prayers each night asking for whatever you need to make your lives more fulfilling.

• carolann_z8
    Original Author
    17 years ago

Thanks Carrie, I appreciate your love.

So now, we have to decide who is the middle sister.

There has to be someone in the middle. I guess I wouldn't mind.
    Geez, we need Gran to keep this bunch of bratty girls in line.

• bev1951
    17 years ago

I think I'm in the middle & that's ok, I've always been the oldest & it will be fun to be the bratty middle sister for awhile. Bev

• natvtxn
    17 years ago

Actually, I am probably the oldest.

• jolanaweb
    17 years ago

AHEM, LOL Bev, I was the *middle* and I was not the brat, LOL
    I was too scared to be a brat, LOL
    I'll remain one of the middle sisters, I'm not askeered anymore, LOL

• pjtexgirl
    17 years ago

Wow a whole slew of big sisters to bug and bother! Whoo hoo! PJ

• carolann_z8
    Original Author
    17 years ago

I saw we hog tie the baby brat!!!

Isn't that what big sisters do.

• jolanaweb
    17 years ago

LOL, that's what big brothers do to baby sisters, LOL
    I can't believe I put up with so much stuff, I shoulda kicked his butt, LOL

• carolann_z8
    Original Author
    17 years ago

I only have brothers.
    My big brother used to sit on me and pin me down then put a dirty sock in my face.

I used to get so mad.

• bev1951
    17 years ago

My little brother could tell you some really bad stories about how mean I used to be to him, course he really really deserved it !! Now I have to be nice. He's bigger than me.

• jolanaweb
    17 years ago

Carol, I think all boys are born with the pin the lil sister down and hold a dirty sock in her face, LOL
    Bev, now my older brother is so sweet that I forget most of the things he has done to me, LOL

• carolann_z8
    Original Author
    17 years ago

Ditto the sweet brother thing Jolana wrote.

They are both like angels now. I guess Mom did something right.

• natvtxn
    17 years ago

My little brother was the baby and the only grandson. When we were growing up cokes were a rarity. He got home from school earlier than my sister and I did. He had already had his coke, but threw a "wild eyed" fit for us to share ours. Suuuure we were!
    Any way, he went flying down the hall to kick the walls in his room.(he did this every time something did not go his way) He missed the wall and kicked out the window and cut his foot. I remember Mother spanking him and he screaming "I'm bleeding". I'm surprised the neighbors didn't call the police.
    Afterwards it was funny, but at the time I was frozen to the floor.

He used to run from Mother. I can still see the both of them circling the house. Her with a switch yelling, "don't you run from me". Duh, he had to come in some time.

• jolanaweb
    17 years ago

LOL, Kathy your baby brother sounds like mine when he was little, LOL

• natvtxn
    17 years ago

Jolana, he has always been a dominant male. Especially since he was convinced, by Mother, that he could walk on water.
    About 5 years ago he, his wife and I took my motor home to CA and back. He made all the trip plans and stops. He had never driven an RV before. After he jumped me for about the 3rd time for not doing something his way or when he told me. I jumped in with both feet and ate him up one side and down the other. I told him he was not my employer nor my husband and not to tell me what to do. He started to say something and I said and "don't interupt me either" I told him for all I cared, he could walk home. I thought his eyes would fall out. No woman had ever "talked" to him like that. My SIL was bug eyed too. LOL

We really are close, I think I just took him so by surprise. I think he is "skeered" of me now.

• jolanaweb
    17 years ago

Good for you, LOL
    I think I'm skeered of you now, LOL

• prairiepaintbrush
    17 years ago

I wanna be the middle child!!! Can I be the middle one? I'm the sweet little middle one that gets ignored and makes peace when necessary. :) Aren't I? Yeah!

• carolann_z8
    Original Author
    17 years ago

Julie, you can be the middle child.

I'm the middle child in real life so I have excuses for my behavior.

Jolana what's your excuse? lol

Kathy, stop throwing dirty socks at your sister!!!