Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print

Comments (11)

• jolanaweb
    17 years ago

Boy Linda, I bet you're just a little tickled, aren't you???LOL

• carrie751
    17 years ago

I have a friend in the valley who was originally from Chicago, and another in southeast Texas originally from Indiana ------ so I was almost neutral !!!!!
    I think Indy has the best coach in the league --- what a classy man!!! Quarterback is not too bad either.. in fact, I thought they were a deserving team. Not too bad from an avid Cowboy fan !!!!!

• ltcollins1949
    Original Author
    17 years ago

Yes, I'm so happy! It's a first for Indy! And the game was great. Not like some of those SB games where only one team makes all the points!

GO COLTS!

• sally2_gw
    17 years ago

I watched the first half just to see the commercials. Yawn. We put in DVD at that point, because the commercials just didn't do it for me this year. I did like the one with the stray dog figuring out how to get a ride on the coach. Did I miss any Clydesdale horse commercials? Those have always been my favorites.

I wasn't invested in either team, so I really didn't care much about the game. It was a pretty sloppily played game, even considering the rain. I thought someone must have sprayed the footballs with teflon or WD40 or something.

Sally

• ltcollins1949
    Original Author
    17 years ago

The commercials weren't anything this year like in the past. There are some websites where you can go and check out the commercials.

It's OK Sally if you didn't watch the game. But I'm a Colts fan, along with being a Texans fan, and I can only say that the game was very exciting, . . . well at least here at our house. We had 12 people here for a party, and the screaming was exciting. Peyton Manning was hot. And we all enjoyed the half time show with Prince signing Purple Rain as the rain continued to fall heavily. But then we are an "older group of people". Not quite senior citizens yet, but quickly approaching there. HA!

It rained and rained and rained. Considering all, with the sloppy field, I really think both teams played well. I read that it was the worst weather ever in Super Bowl history, so all in all we thought that it was a good game. And of course it really helps to watch Super Bowl when you have your favorite team playing.

Anyway, I HAD A GREAT TIME!

• rick_mcdaniel
    17 years ago

Yawn.

• Bev__
    17 years ago

I lost interest in Pro sports years ago....the $$$$$ & personalities involved have gotten obsene.
    Not as obsene as ww wresling....thats really obsene!!!!

• little_dani
    17 years ago

Linda, I am a Bears fan. I love TH' Bears. What can I say?

It was a good game. The Colts deserved to win it. And I always thought Manning was hot.

Do you think we could get him for a mulch guy, or are our hopes dashed, now that he has a SB ring?

Janie

• ltcollins1949
    Original Author
    17 years ago

Janie,

Manning a mulch guy? Sounds great, but I don't think that we can talk him into it! HA! Maybe Eli would be willing since he doesn't have a SB ring!

Anyway, I'm also a Bears fan, but when it comes to Indy, well I'll go with them. And when Indy and the Texans play, I cheer both of them on.

My DH is a sports fanatic, and as a result, I've gotten into sports too. But then I grew up with 4 brothers and a Dad that all love sports. What can I say?

Linda

• stitches216
    17 years ago

The football playing was entertaining, but I can't figure what it is about Prince that makes him such a big draw.

He's talented and slick (uh-oh! did I just use "hate code words" I shouldn't have used, like "articulate?"), and at least (for the part I saw) he didn't dance to simulate erotic acts or have any wardrobe malfunction. But I have tried and tried to listen to his music, to figure out what makes it extraordinary. I guess I'm just Prince-deaf.

I'm happy for the Colts. Tony Dungy is my new Joe Gibbs.

And I am thoroughly outraged that complaints have censored the Snickers man-kiss ad. It mocked homophobia!

• sally2_gw
    17 years ago

Stitches, I'm with you about Prince. DH and I were talking about him during the SB, and both agreed his music is the rock-n-roll version of Musac. I've never understood why he's so famous, other than cutsifying his name. His music is just plain dull...well, actually, just plain, just musac.

Sally