Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
natvtxn_gw

please pray for my Daddy

natvtxn
17 years ago

Daddy had a stroke at noon and his brain is bleeding. They have called in a neuro surgeon. The problem is that he is on blood thinner, so untill they can get it thickened, they can't operate on him. He is 88 years old, so I have mixed emotions.

Comments (30)

• sylviatexas1
    17 years ago

I'm so sorry to hear this.

holding you & your dad, & your family, in my thoughts & in my heart.

sylvia

• remuda1
    17 years ago

Bless your heart....I've learned with a lot of heart disease and some cancer in my family that the best I can do is pray for the best. Has always turned out that my greater power knows a heck of a lot better than I do exactly what that should be. I will pray and hope for the same for you, your father, and your family......the best.

Take care and please keep us posted.

Kristi

• jolanaweb
    17 years ago

(((Kathy))), I know I've already said this to you, you and your family are in my prayers and know we are all praying for y'all
    Love ya Lady

• carolann_z8
    17 years ago

Kathy, I'm so sorry to hear this.

You and your family will be in my thoughts and prayers.

Love ya, Carol

• natvtxn
    Original Author
    17 years ago

Mary Ann just called again. He has a hematoma and they will operate sometime tomorrow. Depending on how soon his blood thickens.
    Thanks y'all.
    The last few years have been tough. Mother died in 03, My husband in 04 and my friend, who was like another mother, died in 05.

• carrie751
    17 years ago

Kathy, I will pray that the surgery goes well tomorrow, and I will hold you in my thoughts and prayers (((hugs))).
    Carrie

• pjtexgirl
    17 years ago

(((Kathy))) prayers and thoughts to you and your family. PJ

• PKponder TX Z7B
    17 years ago

Prayers that the surgery will go well today, Kathy.

Pam

• sally2_gw
    17 years ago

You are in my thoughts and prayers, Kathy.

Sally

• sienna_98
    17 years ago

Thinking of you and your family today.

Kerri

• Jacquelyn8b
    17 years ago

I'll be praying for you and your Daddy.
    Please let us know as soon as you are able.

• grittymitts
    17 years ago

Adding prayers for you and your Dad!

May GOD hold you both close.

Suzi

• natvtxn
    Original Author
    17 years ago

Daddy is out of surgery and is doing fine. They want to let him sleep tonight and tomorrow they will do another CT scan.
    Sounds like all those good prayers worked!

• Bev__
    17 years ago

I am very sad for you and your family.
    I am saddened by all your recent losses & how painful it must be for you. I wish I had the power to ease some of your pain.
    Ditto what Remuda/Kristi has said.
    Our higher power will do what is best.
    How fortunate you have been to have had a loving father for 88 years.

• jolanaweb
    17 years ago

Kathy, that sounds wonderful and we will keep praying

• mikeandbarb
    17 years ago

(((((((Kathy)))))))
    My heart goes out to you and your dad. I will keep you all in my prayers. Wishing your dad a speedy recovery.
    Barb

• natvtxn
    Original Author
    17 years ago

I just talked to Daddy. He is hard of hearing so he could not understand me on my sister's cell. But I could hear him and I can't believe how good he sounds.
    Here is a picture of him and my oldest son, his name sake.
    This was when David retired from the Air Force in 2005.
    David is laughing because Daddy stood up and asked if Grandads got to say anything. And David was saying, yes but not too long.
    Daddy went on to say what a wonderful grandson he was, how proud he was of David and that David was the best GS in the world. . When he was through the whole crowd said awwwww. It was really sweet.

{{gwi:1309184}}

• jolanaweb
    17 years ago

Kathy, that is wonderful and I love that pic.
    From all of the things you have told us about your Dad, I can't wait to meet him
    jolana

• carrie751
    17 years ago

Kathy, how wonderful - I can't tell you how good it makes me feel to know that he is on the road to recovery. I will continue to hold the two of you in my prayers, (((hugs))).
    Carrie

• mikeandbarb
    17 years ago

Awwww your dad was so proud of his GS and grandparents some times are just busting at the seams to say something to that affect :)
    Bless your family...

• pjtexgirl
    17 years ago

How wonderful!!! You are so lucky to be so close in your family. I'm glad he's doing well! PJ

• terryisthinking
    17 years ago

I am glad for this turn for the better. Best wishes, and continued prayer.

• prairiepaintbrush
    17 years ago

I'm praying!

• natvtxn
    Original Author
    17 years ago

I want to let y'all know that Daddy is home. Unbelievable for someone almost 89.

• jolanaweb
    17 years ago

I can believe it, that's where you get it from. Good Stock
    I'm very happy for you

• bev1951
    17 years ago

Kathy, lots of hugs and prayers for you and your Dad. Hope he continues to do so well. Bev

• lonestar7
    17 years ago

Bless you. Sending prayers your way.

• sally2_gw
    17 years ago

My, what handsome men you have in your family! I'm so glad he's doing better, and ever happier he's home. He'll improve much faster there. What good news!

Sally

• natvtxn
    Original Author
    17 years ago

Well, thank you, Sally. My son looks like his father, but the other two look like Daddy and are tall like Daddy. Their goal was always to be as tall as grandad.

Mary, his bride of 1 1/2 years, takes very good care of Daddy.
    Mary told me that she always thought it was "funny" when old people married. But then she met Daddy. Isn't that sweet?

• grittymitts
    17 years ago

Wow...great photo & what a wonderful outcome for your Dad! Prayers answered...

Better take a peek at his birth certificate...are you SURE he's 88? Looks more like 68.

Suzi