Return to the Texas Gardening Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Two Ruth Stout Gardening Videos ...

Posted by roselee z8 SW Texas (My Page) on
Sat, Feb 18, 12 at 19:16

Some of you remember the name Ruth Stout. She started the movement on no till gardening in the mid-fifties. She lived to be 96. The Grackle Blog posted video #1 on a recent blog. I enjoyed it so much I looked for video #2 on YouTube. Each video is 10 or 12 minutes long.

Aside from the many articles and books about her revolunary gardening practices she proved to be a very interesting character as well. I thought some of you might enjoy these videos where she talks about her family life and gardening as much as I did.

This is video #2:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TyEQS0v75mc

Her garden methods probably work best where there are deep soils and regular rain such as her garden in Connecticut provided, but we in Texas can benefit from her ways by using lots of mulch in raised beds with drip irigation.

Here is a link that might be useful: Ruth Stout video #1 ...

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Two Ruth Stout Gardening Videos ...

Now that is what I call an independent thinking woman !!
What a character, and don't you just know she would have been fun to know. However, I can't really see many of us gardening that way as we all want it to look pretty ......me included !!! Now my asparagus ......that's another story.......it's on it's own.

o
RE: Two Ruth Stout Gardening Videos ...

Now I could handle that type of gardening.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Texas Gardening Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here