Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
rebecca150

emergency!!!

rebecca150
16 years ago

Help!

Two year old induced disaster has just occured inside my home!

I posted in the plumbing forum but am calling for help from all my Texas buddies too.

Son flushed a toothbrush down the toilet!

AACK!

Rebecca

Here is a link that might be useful: Post in the plumbing forum

Comments (12)

• rebecca150
    Original Author
    16 years ago

Disaster over. Me and a coat hanger managed to strongarm the toothbrush out of the toilet!

Rebecca

• bossjim1
    16 years ago

Be sure to rinse it off before you use it.
    Jim

• pjtexgirl
    16 years ago

LOL JIM!!!! PJ

• alley
    16 years ago

I'm glad you got it taken care of. We haven't had that problem, but we have had the bead up the nose sort of incident (a smaller version of a coat hanger was used for that--that is a handy tool :)

• rick_mcdaniel
    16 years ago

Good thing you were right on it. A friend of mine had to replace a commode, in his house, because his son put something in the toilet that stuck so firmly into it, they had to break open the commode to get it out!

• rebecca150
    Original Author
    16 years ago

Jim...

BwaHAHAHAHAHAH!!!!!!

Yes, I rinsed it and soaked it in bleach for good measure!

You should have seen me LUNGE when I saw the toothbrush swirling down the toilet. I tried to catch it, too late:-). Dear son hasn't put anything else down the toilet, yet. He did bring a whole bunch of dirt inside yesterday while I was clipping coupons! He's actually been quite the handful lately. Smeared banana all over his room (long story), broke the bathtub drain (don't ask, I don't know how), and other assorted misadventures. I think I've blocked the memories out.

However, he hasn't put anything in his nose. Yet. My girls did though. One shoved trix cereal up there and the other chose kix .....Now we stay away from cereals with "ix" in them.

Rebecca

• alley
    16 years ago

That is funny. At least you can crush the cereal. Not a whole lot to do with those melting beads (the kind you put on a peg thingy and then iron it to melt them all together). At least he snorted it hole side, so he could still breath.

• denisew
    16 years ago

I have three boys and all kinds of wonderful memories of when they were young. Hmmm . . . smeared banana all over his room - at least it wasn't something else like from a diaper!

• dcarpenter
    16 years ago

I remember two years ago when my then 2-year old son got the baby powder out and shook it all over his room and himself. It looked like a winter wonderland. It wouldn't go away, even after I mopped it about 4 times. It just kept coming back.

darlene

• alley
    16 years ago

I was babysitting a kid and he and my daughter smeared desitin diaper cream all over a giant Pooh's behind (he was as tall as them and they used almost the whole tube). Let me tell you, desitin really doesn't come out of a stuffed animal (the people at desitin thought it was funny--it is now)

• toadlilly
    16 years ago

Once my #1-2yo son powdered #2-1yo daughter and the whole room including himself-smelled sweet for a long time.

Years later #7-3yo son and his 2yo friend 'greased' each other up with a whole huge container of vasoline at the sitters....

I could go on and on! And thats just what I CAUGHT them doing:)

Ahhh memories:)

• srburk
    16 years ago

I totally understand. Let me just say that I know those nose sucker thingys will remove MOST of the green peas from a two year olds ear. And to think, I was overjoyed because I thought he was EATING them...............

Glad you fixed it. Think I would definitely get another one...