Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
sally2_gw

Maybe it's the endless cloudy weather :-(

sally2_gw
17 years ago

I think I've been coming across rather cranky lately, and I apologize for that. I've even been having nightmares every night, which has never happened to me before. Maybe I really need some sunshine, or something. I really don't mean to be so cranky, and I'll try to behave myself from now on. ... Really, I will.

Thank God the sun came out today, finally.

Sally

Comments (32)

• jolanaweb
    17 years ago

Sally, I have seen cranky, you are not cranky
    I don't know about where you are but we are supposed to start warming up starting tomorrow...with sunshine, YEA

• remuda1
    17 years ago

"I think I've been coming across rather cranky lately"

No you haven't Sally, we all have issues that we are passionate about. Keep your chin up. We had beautiful sun today, but it was bitter cold out there. Mother Nature being a trickster and teasing us, I guess. It won't be long until we can all be out there baking in the Texas sun :).

Kristi

• pjtexgirl
    17 years ago

Nightmares are usually a sign that something is really,really bothering you. Or a combination of things has overwhelmed you. It probably wouldn't hurt to look into some type of councelling(through church,therapist etc... there are a million ways to get some.) Maybe a session or two will get to the bottom of those sudden nightmares and feeling down.Meanwhile, here's a hug((( ))). PJ

• carrie751
    17 years ago

Sally, I've been so grouchy, I quit posting for fear of really turning loose and saying something I would later regret. I think warm weather will put us all back in our usual good moods, and we will return to the great people we have all come to know and love.

• prairiepaintbrush
    17 years ago

Sally, you're always cranky, honey! *duck* Just kidding! I love your comments and I like your passion. If you're having nightmares because you're worried about offending us, don't worry. Maybe you need a spa day. Get a pedicure and a massage and eat tons of chocolate.

Try writing down your nightmares and maybe it will become clear as to what they are really about. I find that if I talk to myself about something I'm puzzled about, I accidentally say something that makes everything clearer.

One time I was in a "happy" relationship and I started having this recurring theme in my dreams every night. I always ended up in a filthy public bathroom where the floors were dirty and all the stalls were very cramped and the toilets were filthy and most of them were plugged.

I knew this had something to do with my relationship, but I couldn't figure out what it meant, exactly. So, I started talking to myself about the dreams and I said, "It's like I had to settle for the best toilet out of a bunch of really awful ones." And there it was. I was settling, and it was a bad choice.

• terryisthinking
    17 years ago

I had a recurring nightmare only once in my life. I went to a psychic, and she interpreted it. It never came back. I don't know why your own brain has to be so cryptic.

• sally2_gw
    Original Author
    17 years ago

Thanks, everybody. I'd write them down, but after just a minute, I've forgotten what they were, just that they were disturbing. Luckily, the last couple of nights I haven't had nightmares. I think I dreamed, but they weren't bad.

I'm definately going to enjoy the sunshine today, even if it is a bit cold. At least it won't be as cold as it has been.

You guys are the best!

Sally

• jolanaweb
    17 years ago

Sally, you dreamt of CarolAnn, didn't you ?
    You poor thing. LOL

• rick_mcdaniel
    17 years ago

Sounds like cabin fever. You need to get out, and do something fun.

Cranky, you aren't, but then you gotta have a reference for what is, don't ya?

When you get as orbery as me, then you can worry. (smile)

• rick_mcdaniel
    17 years ago

oops. Never hit the send button wihtout reading.

That last line shoulda been "ornery", not orbery.

Somebody teach me to type.....in a way that MS won't change. (smile)

• natvtxn
    17 years ago

It is probably the lack of sun. My sister lived in Alaska and they would use some type of sun lamps to help the depression/cabin fever. I never realized cabin fever was really true until I was there. There were cabin fever clinics on almost every corner.

• ltcollins1949
    17 years ago

Sally, I haven't noticed you being cranky. But I have noticed myself being very "testy" to say the least. And yes, I do think that it has a lot to do with the weather, i.e. cold, rainy, windy, etc. I don't know what to tell you about the dreams, but put in a Google search for "dream analysis", and a bunch of sites will come up.

And you are right about Alaska Kathy. My DS and his family live in Fairbanks. My DS doesn't have problems with SAD (Seasonal Affective Disorder), but his wife doesn't do well with it at all.

SPRING AND WARM WEATHER ARE JUST AROUND THE CORNER!

• natvtxn
    17 years ago

Irritability is one of the symptoms.
    Hmmm, sounds familiar.

Here is a link that might be useful: S A D

• carrie751
    17 years ago

Well, that's MY story and I'm sticking to it !!!!

• prairiepaintbrush
    17 years ago

Many, many of my dreams have repeating elements. Many occur in the same locations - these locations are not 'real', they are of my own devise. And there I am, again.

It does sound like I'm not 'getting it' quite alot, huh.

Txgardn, can you share what the psychic told you?

• sally2_gw
    Original Author
    17 years ago

I think it must have been the weather. Usually, 3 days of cloudy weather is all I can take, and we've had what, 3 weeks? I don't know, but it sure seems like it.

I don't think I'm having the same dreams, but they have been disturbing. I don't know if I'm glad or not that I can't remember them. Maybe it's PJ's fault. The only dream I do remember was that I was dying of leukemia. She put leukemia in my brain. PJ, you need to run an extra mile as punishment! ;-)

Jolana, have you been peaking into my psychie? No, just kidding. A dream about Carolann would definately NOT be a nightmare.

Sally

• jolanaweb
    17 years ago

Hehehehe, yeah I have been and it was very scary, LOL
    What was that dream interpreting book that was so popular in the 70's? Coincidence or not I remember it being right more than not, lol

• ltcollins1949
    17 years ago

Edgar Cayce? He wrote a lot of books on dream predictions, etc.

• terryisthinking
    17 years ago

Edgar Cayce also said "never drink coffee with milk or cream". So recently I tried a soy latte. mmmmmmm - so much better. Two bean families united. How did he know?

The psychic just explained the dream.

DREAM:

My dream looked like the batman movies, all dark and foreboding, always at night and always in Marion, Massachussets. Me walking down the sidewalk where I used to live. It's raining and the moon makes little reflections on the ground. The sea is rising on the beach across the street. Sometimes the water would be knee deep. I walk to a building and there are lights inside. The townspeople were sitting at tables, and it's cozy there. I would go in. But I seemed to be searching and would leave or wake up.

This is the town where I lived when my infant daughter was diagnosed with a brain tumor. It was where my former life came crashing down. We packed and left in the night and came back to Texas for treatment. She explained that I was looking for my happiness. It sounded pretty pat at the time, but the dream never returned.

It is the only dream I've had more than one time. It went on for months.

• pjtexgirl
    17 years ago

I did the extra mile Sally. Sorry! I also weight trained. I want to be in really good shape when we put in enough miles to wear those rinky-dinky running outfits! Holy cow they are small!!!PJ

• sally2_gw
    Original Author
    17 years ago

That's fascinating, txgardenlady. I've not had the same dream repeatedly, but I've had the same theme repeatedly. The one I've had the most was house hunting or moving. Since I've always wanted to live in the country, but never have managed it, I've figured that was the source of the dream. The other continuing theme, and it's really bad, is I've dreamed about work. Ya can't escape, you're at work all day, then at work even in your dreams. No fun.

Rinky dinky running outfits PJ? Well, you may appreciate it when the time comes. Somehow, I doubt you'll be at all tubby when you run that marathon, considering you're not tubby to start with.

Sally

• prairiepaintbrush
    17 years ago

That's interesting TxGardn. I guess the psychic was right? hmm. I used to dream in color, but now all my dreams have that cyanish tint, just like that sleeping pill commercial with Abe Lincoln and the beaver. That started happening when the toilet dreams started happening. It's icky.

• remuda1
    17 years ago

Sally, we've had a couple of sunny days here now and today is supposed to be gorgeous. I hope you're getting the same weather and that you're feeling a lot better!

Kristi

• sally2_gw
    Original Author
    17 years ago

I am feeling better, thank you. I'm planning to work outside today, as soon as it warms up a little bit more. I'm certainly looking forward to it!

Sally

• pjtexgirl
    17 years ago

It did warm up today!!! Thank God!! A bit windy but not too shabby.PJ

• terryisthinking
    17 years ago

PPB - try lobbying for a "dream" forum. That would be interesting.

• carolann_z8
    17 years ago

Hey you guys...I overlooked this thread but I see it now!!!

"Sally, you dreamt of CarolAnn, didn't you ?
    You poor thing. LOL"

I think Sally was dreaming of moving into a charming cottage home in the country with me in the front yard planting flowers all along her picket fence and Jolana coming along behind me pulling out all the flowers.

Jolana, you stop that and let Sally have good dreams. LOL

Sally, you could never be cranky if you tried.

• jolanaweb
    17 years ago

Yeah, you just keep leaving that cranky stuff to us, lol
    Carol...I'm pulling weeds

a dream forum would be interesting.
    I guess if the dream didn't occur again, you must be happy, that's good
    jolana

• sally2_gw
    Original Author
    17 years ago

Carolann, you're so sweet. I really liked that dream scenario until the part about Jolana pulling up the plants you just planted. That sounds like a nightmare for you, Carolann - all that hard work for nothing. Luckily, Jolana wouldn't really do that, would you?

Sally

• jolanaweb
    17 years ago

Hehehe, only if they are going in my gardens, lol

• carolann_z8
    17 years ago

Sally, it's hard to trust any gardener after they've been cooped up inside for the winter.

Jolana, you be nice and give Sally back her plants. lol

This isn't about a dream but it sort of relates.

A few years ago my daughter was sleeping and something suddenly woke her up. When she awoke she saw a light leading from her bedroom to her little girls room. It was a long hall and the light looked as if someone held a flashlight sideways to show her the way. On a shelf over her daughter's bed was a small scented candle that she forgot to blow out and it was about to catch the wall on fire.
    I told her I thought an angel woke her up and lead her there.

• prairiepaintbrush
    17 years ago

I'd love to have a dream forum. TXgardn, would you please set that up for us? Thanks!