zitro_joe

[Drumroll] IT'S a .....

zitro_joe
17 years ago

BOY!

Elijah Stephen Ortiz

12:38pm 6lbs 4.5oz

19 3/4 inches

Erin is doing great, the doctors are quite surprised by her fast recovery.

They found a slight trace of strep in Elijah's blood. The doctors said he is exactly on the line of being sick/ not sick so he is on anitbiotics just to be safe. He had chest x-rays but we have not received the results yet.I have complete faith in the doctors so I not really worried. If everything is well he will be allowed to leave Sunday. Thanks everyone for your support, thoughts and prayers. A few more would be appriciated.

The Ortiz Family - Joe, Erin, Abigail & Elijah

Comments (24)

• jolanaweb
    17 years ago

Oh how wonderful, he is sooo precious. Y'all will be in my thoughts and prayers
    CONGRATULATIONS
    Give Erin and Abigail and Elijah a hug from strange auntie jolana

• little_dani
    17 years ago

WOW! Great pictures!

I know you are happy, thrilled, and we are happy and thrilled for you.

Glad Erin is enjoying a fast recovery.

Janie

• natvtxn
    17 years ago

WooHoo! congratulations. What a thrill to the newest "member" of our cyber family.

• carrie751
    17 years ago

Congratulations !!!! What a lovely family you have, Joe - thanks for sharing them with us. God bless !!!

• pjtexgirl
    17 years ago

FABULOUS!!!!!!! Gorgeous family! You can hardly tell she's pregnant until she's sideways.I haven't seen a pic of Abagail since Erin was first preggers(hint hint).
    Elijah is adorable! I'm glad they're keeping an eye on the little guy. He's in my prayers with mom and dad.
    Is that one happy grandma I see?
    I love the "belly button" garden too. LOL!PJ

• bossjim1
    17 years ago

Congratulations Joe and Erin!

Elijah, get over here boy, we've got seeds to plant!
    Jim

• PKponder TX Z7B
    17 years ago

What a great pictoral history! Welcome Elijah!

• grittymitts
    17 years ago

Absolutely nothing in the world compares to the wonder, thrill & excitement of a precious new born baby- especially when it's yours!

Congratulations!!

Suzi

• Jacquelyn8b
    17 years ago

Congratulations!!!
    I'm so happy to hear that Erin and Elijah are safe.
    We'll keep the little guy in our prayers for a quick hop over to the 'not sick' side.

BTW, great name!
    Now let's see how Miss. Abigail take to being a big sister.

Congratulations again on your wonderful new addition.
    Best wishes,
    Jac

• carolann_z8
    17 years ago

He's so cute. He'll make a good little garden helper.

Carol Ann

• sally2_gw
    17 years ago

Woooo-hooooo! Congratulatios

Sally

• remuda1
    17 years ago

Congratulations Joe, everyone looks fabulous!

Kristi

• zitro_joe
    Original Author
    17 years ago

Here is a very confused Abigail giving Elijah a timid huge.

• Bev__
    17 years ago

Congratulations!!! You & Erin sure make beautiful babies!

• jolanaweb
    17 years ago

Was that Elijah's first hug by big sister?
    Priceless pic

Here's a head's up for Abigail, lol

I was a little bit older than she is when my baby brother was born but wasn't sure if I wanted a baby brother, I had a couple of older one's that sure weren't *good* examples of what brotherhood was about or what I thought it should be, lol
    Anyway, I figured I'd give him a chance so I was volunteering to help with little things playing peek a boo, shaking his rattles in front of him.

Then I asked if I could hold him while he ate, (still pablum) out of a bottle, he wrapped his little hand around my long hair and and it got tangled and it was pulling and hurting and before they could get his hand out of my hair and him out of my lap, he pooped all over my legs.

Gross, this is what they brought home??? They explained to me an almost five yr old that he was a baby, didn't know any better. What's up with that, even puppies never did that to me. So far he's actually worse than an older brother.
    So, okay if he was going to grow out of this behavior, I'll give him another chance. The first time that I was helping to change his diaper what does he do starts peeing all over, including right in my face.

After that, I tried to walk a wide path around this *baby* that I thought was nasty, lol
    Spilling food everywhere, puking on everything.

Maybe it would have helped if they had explained more while my Mom was pregnant, instead of just one day Mom leaves with a big belly comes home without it and a strange, pink, crying animal that obviously hated me, lol

It was a whole different world back then, to me, lol
    I don't ever remember hearing the word pregnant, or if I heard *with child* that was me and my brothers, lol

I would like to say it got better for me but bless my brothers heart, he was the baby and he played it for all it was worth and was a brat until he turned 31, lol
    After that he was wonderful!!!

• sally2_gw
    17 years ago

That's why I stayed the youngest! hee hee

Sally

• pjtexgirl
    17 years ago

More pics!!! That is precious.
    What a beautiful little girls she's turning out to be. I remember her as just more than a baby herself.
    It's got to be hard for her to figure out the whole in mom's belly to the whole he's out here in the world thing.
    I hope she has an easier time of being a big sister than Jolana! Wow it is easier being the "baby" in the beginning! PJ

• maden_theshade
    17 years ago

Yeah! Congratulations on your little miracle!

• sylviatexas1
    17 years ago

Congratulations!

He's a keeper!

& Abigail is a real beauty!

Jolana, as one older sister to another, thanks for your story.

It just encapsulates the whole big sister experience.

• zitro_joe
    Original Author
    17 years ago

I spent about thirty minutes making a little slideshow/video. It may be a little different than other vids, I am always trying something new, different. Anyhow, I hope you enjoy it.

http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x19tn4_elijah-slideshow

Here is a link that might be useful: Elijah Ortiz

• natvtxn
    17 years ago

Well, you can certainly tell he's a boy! For those pics, I promise he will want to kill you when he is about 12.

Precious, precious babies.

• jolanaweb
    17 years ago

LOL, I was going to type the same thing, lol
    Joe, does your wife feel like she is on a reaity show, with the camera on her all of the time, lol
    I love that video, my fave part was with Abigail, "that's one proud sister"
    Elijah looks just like her, loved it. Thanks
    jolana

• Texasorbust
    17 years ago

OMG........how cute was that?! Mommy shouldn't worry about that camera she looks so pretty and peaceful with all that going on, she has none of that wild cavewoman look thing going that I had.

Going to watch it again so I can hear the new baby sounds again, I miss them being small.

Good job Daddy Joe!

• pjtexgirl
    17 years ago

I agree with natvtxn! He's not going to appreciate the video until he's about,well, a dad's age! Very nice. Your family is so adorable. I just love it that they are nice enough to let us see the pics and all. Thank you! I think my favorite pic was him peering out from under a tiny gnome hat! PJ