Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
remuda1

Thanks ya'll....

remuda1
17 years ago

For your support on the Garrett thread. I guess I touched a nerve with tcharles. LOL, I really didn't think he would mind me repeating what he said on his GW page....but apparently, he did. Sorry for the ruckus it has caused, but he ticked me off trying to slam rcnaylor. Anyway, thanks again and I will try to be a bit lower key here on out :).

Kristi

Comments (24)

• bossjim1
    17 years ago

No need to lower your key, Kristy. The guy embarrassed me, talking the way he did to ladies. I guess I just wasn't raised that way.
    Jim

• pjtexgirl
    17 years ago

I can't see anything wrong with defending your friends! I really didn't like what he had to say to anyone. PJ

• carrie751
    17 years ago

I think he has pulled in his "horns", and hopefully will either quietly fade away, or come back with a different attitude. This is such a wonderful group to converse with, and I have learned much from other's experiences, so keep on posting you guys - it makes my day.

• carolann_z8
    17 years ago

Some people just love to fight but he really went too far when he started calling you names.

If he comes back, I'll sick PJ on him. She's into martial arts and could kick his little bootie!!!

• Bev__
    17 years ago

He became very rude.
    He must have "thin" skin to be so sensitive to criticism. It's sad, because I think he was knowledgeable about his garden interests and could have been an asset to our forum.
    Kristi...you were very diplomatic.
    Notice that Garret has graced us with 2 posts today?

• remuda1
    Original Author
    17 years ago

"I guess I just wasn't raised that way"

Jim, thankfully I don't think many people were :).

Bev, I thought it was sad too. But the reason I thought it was sad was because, at 29, this guy is soooo young to be soooo angry and I really, really hope he can turn this around and start looking for and seeing the beauty in life instead. He's got a lot of years ahead of him and experiencing them the way he is now.....it would just be like a prison sentence to me.

Kristi

• rick_mcdaniel
    17 years ago

Sorry, missed it. Of course, I have started trying to miss all that sort of thing. Too much of it on forums, of all kinds.

• ltcollins1949
    17 years ago

I was hoping that it wouldn't get to that point. I've been on some other forums that got heated, but I've not seen it here on the Texas Gardening forum. It is too bad.

If you check out his Member's Page he states, and I quote "Am a belligerent know-it-all." I wish he would be a little kinder in his posts!

• natvtxn
    17 years ago

kristi, his member page also states he is in San Antonio.
    What do you want me to do to him if he shows up at the swap? Too bad we can't have dogs or I would sic BeBe "the wonder dog" on him.

{{gwi:1309277}}

• pjtexgirl
    17 years ago

Gimme that dog!!! BeBe I'll give you a good home and you wont have to chew up any ole nasty trolls from GW. Lookie that cute lil mug. (J/K your mom loves you and was just teasing,still I can dream a bit.)PJ

• jolanaweb
    17 years ago

There's those purty toes again, lol
    BeBe is just too cute and I agree, he needs a better home, LOL

Kristi, I didn't even know what was going on, I didn't have anything to say about That person or him leaving whatever radio station.
    Then someone told me about it, but as ugly as it got, you were not and as a member of the *Sisterhood* I commend you for that
    jolana

• remuda1
    Original Author
    17 years ago

Kathy, your pooch's face could be a twin to Bev's two :). Her larger male is ka-ray-zee :). But he's cute as a button as well so he can be whatever he wants in my book.

If you see tcharles at the swap, my suggestion would be to run......the opposite direction......at a high rate of speed :). I have been meaning to tell you that I think you're da bomb for taking on the organization of the swap without ever even having attended one. You're amazing!

Good luck with it and I hope it goes just great :)

Kristi

• carrie751
    17 years ago

Kathy, I can't look at such a cute doggie photo without wanting to cuddle them. What great and loving creatures they are!!!!

• natvtxn
    17 years ago

I figure I can stand and look stupid and maybe someone will take pity on me. Or I can borrow Diane's cane. LOL
    Mike and Patty may come and they have done this a few times.

• rick_mcdaniel
    17 years ago

BeBe resembles my kids.....'cept for the color. Mine are blondish, so they may be flawed. (grin)

• natvtxn
    17 years ago

Rick, BeBe was supposed to be silver and is now a dusty black. And about twice the size of his parents. The breeder had that happen with both females, so she knows it is from the male. She offered to give my money back. Which was a dood idea, because she knew we were in love with him by then.

• rick_mcdaniel
    17 years ago

Our previous two were both silver. It took a full year for them to begin to turn, though. They are born black, and turn as the hair grows and is clipped. The ears don't fully turn for a long time.

My present two are Cafe Au Lait, and Silver Beige. The Silver Beige has a raisin colored nose, instead of black.

All of my poodles have considered themselves human. (smile)
    My first one actually tried to talk, when she was younger. It was sorta funny to watch her mouth words, without making any sounds. When she finally figured out talking didn't work, she quit trying.

Doubt that I will ever have any other kind of dog.

• Jacquelyn8b
    17 years ago

Geez...just tried to read The Thread. There should be a penalty for unnecessary nastiness!

All those years of giving my mother grief for having little yippee dogs and now look at me! Lol!
    We love our little poodle people. They are as smart as my Border Collies but no where near as mischevious and far more snuggly.

• prairiepaintbrush
    17 years ago

Jac, there is. You get kicked off.

• Bev__
    17 years ago

BeBe is adorable. She does look a bit like my Harley who is a maltipoo.Harley got about 5# bigger than he was supposed to. He should have topped out at 8#, but he's close to 13#.
    Tonight he got the DVD remote and ate it. He is full of the devil. I think he is bored and frustrated. He needs kids toplay with.

• rick_mcdaniel
    17 years ago

There's a good DVD remote substitute, called pig snouts, that are soft enough for smaller dogs, but provide satisfying chewing for them.

Used to get them at Tom Thumb, but last time we ordered from an on-line source, in bulk.

Ours also like the "Grandpaws" chews that are made the same way, from beef hide, instead of pig noses. They are smaller pieces, that provide chewing satisfaction for the day.

The only toy they like, is a small soccer ball in soft latex, with a squeaker. They don't like hard balls, although they will tolerate small dog sized tennis balls. Once in a great while, they will play with a tug of war toy.

• natvtxn
    17 years ago

I have a toy that plays "who let the dogs out"
    The sheltie loves to retrieve, but will not pick it up until the music stops.

• rick_mcdaniel
    17 years ago

Guess that's a music critic. (smile)

• pjtexgirl
    17 years ago

My crazy chewin' mutt dogs need large Kongs to keep from chewing. They can be sooo naughty! PJ