jolanaweb
17 years ago

Spring forward March 11 - Fall back November 4

Potential computer problems

Here is a link that might be useful: solution page

Comments (20)

• natvtxn
    17 years ago

I was just wondering yesterday when it would change. I knew it was supposed to be earlier this year. That's only 3 months of "regular" time. Why don't they just change it all year?
    Am I not "getting it". At some time of the day we are going to use energy. Whether in the a.m. or p.m.

• pjtexgirl
    17 years ago

I don't know why! I hate the time changes too. It's one of the top 10 dorkiest things they've come up for people to do for no apparent reason so far.PJ

• jolanaweb
    Original Author
    17 years ago

I don't know why, but I love it in the Spring

• rick_mcdaniel
    17 years ago

Lemme have it year round, I say. Any kiddees afeared of the dark, can get mom and dad to drive them to school. (Most probably already do that anyway. I never see more than 1-2 kids at my local bus stop.)

• sylviatexas1
    17 years ago

Why would it be worse to go to school (or work) in the dark than to go home in the dark?

I think it would be better to use up the dark hours commuting,
    & have the light hours available in the evenings at home.

I wish Daylight Savings Time were in effect all the time.

• sally2_gw
    17 years ago

I hate daylight savings time. Give me light in the morning. They're switching March 11????!!!!!! NOooooooooo! I want light, I want light I want light in the morning!!!! Just when it's getting warm enough to resume our aerobic walking routine, they're going to make it too dark for us. Geesh. Grrrrrrr!#!*!@!!

Can you tell I'm having a temper tantrum?

Sally

• pjtexgirl
    17 years ago

Oh ****! Sallyyyyyyy.... I'm gonna be freakin RUNNING in the **** dark!!! Somebody send some sympathy my way! I'm going to end up in the darn Trinity River! AKKK!PJ

• Jacquelyn8b
    17 years ago

PJ, you could wear one of those spelunker headlamps!
    Might make yourself seasick with the bouncing light, though.

• pjtexgirl
    17 years ago

I think SOMEONE is teasing me!!!I'm gonna cry now.That did NOT sound sympathetic at all BTW. I'm hoping I'm wrong and this doesn't suck as bad as I think it's going to. I've been wrong before. PJ

• sally2_gw
    17 years ago

Poor PJ. I'd say I feel your pain, but I have trouble jogging 1/4 mile, let alone 20 something miles. In the dark. You poor thing. :-(

Sally

• rick_mcdaniel
    17 years ago

PJ, by the time it gets here, you will be grateful to run before daylight. That's called avoiding the heat, and keeping yourself from having sunstroke. (smile)

• pjtexgirl
    17 years ago

Thank you Sally.Sniff sniff.... that's better but I'm running a 1/2 marathon. It's a measley 13.1 miles.(I laugh everytime I think of myself running 13 miles! Holy moly!)Cool is nice but blind is another! I'm gonna make Jac run with me and hold the darn flash light! So there!PJ

• Jacquelyn8b
    17 years ago

Blind leading the blind?
    Besides...it was you that told me not to run! So THERE! pfftthh

• pjtexgirl
    17 years ago

Geez I hate it when you're right. Can you send me a floatie after I fall in the river at least??? LOL!PJ

• jolanaweb
    Original Author
    17 years ago

LOL, I guess Jac told you.
    PJ, water is very good for aerobic workouts, less stressful, lol

• PKponder TX Z7B
    17 years ago

The testing of the patches applied to software at work have caused a lot of trouble. Far worse than the Y2K preparedness, probably because it's just daylight savings time and the engineers only began testing 8 weeks ago. Everyone prepared for Y2K a year or more in advance.

Pam

• sally2_gw
    17 years ago

Naa-naaa naaa-naaa boo-boo, I've got a Maa-aac!

Sally

• pjtexgirl
    17 years ago

What a pain in the rear end!!! PJ

• carrie751
    17 years ago

What an unnecessary "pain in the rear end", PJ. It won't make the sun come up any sooner or set any later -- must have been a real genius who figured this out as a way to save energy.

• pjtexgirl
    17 years ago

Can't argue with that Carrie. LOL!PJ