Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
bev__

I was gone for a week and no one here even missed me

Bev__
17 years ago

I've been in MO meeting my newest grandaughter. She is just soooo wonderful! She is beautiful and only cries when she is hungry. She is just perfect. She is so sweet and I wanted to bring her home with me so bad.

My daughter is an OK mom, but is still too selfish and self centered and just doesn't seem to have that loving mother instinct. I'm a little worried that the baby will not get the loving attention she needs. The house was a pig stye. I don't think anything has been cleaned since they moved into this old house a year ago.

I'm going up there again in a month to check on the baby & see if she's OK. If she's not, I'll need to intervene somehow.

My daughter is a b*t*h and proud of it, but she doesn't scare me....just makes me worry about the baby. The daddy is great with the baby, but I think he's scared of his wife too!

I told my daughter before I left that if she is frustrated with Mariska, lay her in her crib and walk away & mellow out and never ever shake her out of frustration. I am worried.

I guess every family has at least one kid that tries your patience and makes you crazy.

Comments (53)

• natvtxn
    17 years ago

I forgot you were going out of town. :>(

Grandbabies are such a joy. Yes, I have a child that drives me crazy. He is an alcoholic with ADD.

• rick_mcdaniel
    17 years ago

Spoken like a new grandmother. (smile)

Now, where are the quotes from your mother, when your daughter was born? (grin)

Funny how we forget as we mature, and gain some sense.

• remuda1
    17 years ago

I was gone for a week and no one here even missed me

Not true, I even emailed you and didn't get a response so I figured you were out globe hopping somewhere ;). Glad your grand kiddo is doing well. Maybe you can find someone (reputable) in their area to come in and do a thorough cleaning for them? I know it's good for kids to be exposed to some germs so that they can build up resistance, but maybe if someone comes in and does the heavy cleaning once, they might keep it up a little more?

Glad you're back :).

Kristi

• Texasorbust
    17 years ago

awwwwwww Don't worry too much, sometimes the Mother thing takes a bit to kick in. Baby will give her that look or that one smile and things could change over night. Have a friend who had her son at very young age,they lived like cave people......everything in that house short of t-rex running around, the child was never sick a day in his life. His GrandMother aged 2yrs every time she saw their bathroom.

• beachplant
    17 years ago

We were all busy trying to figure out how to dig up your plants while you were gone. That and enabling each other in our plant addictions.
    Congratulations!
    Tally Ho!

• jolanaweb
    17 years ago

Tally, gosh so much for keeping that under wraps, geez, lol

• carrie751
    17 years ago

Yeah, Tally, can't trust you with any more secrets.

• Bev__
    Original Author
    17 years ago

I feel better now.......it's nice to be missed.

Thankyou!

• bev1951
    17 years ago

Congratulations !! Maybe tell your daughter about Flylady.com, she's helped me with my packrattedness. Boy is it hard to go from parent to grandparent sometimes. You have my sympathy & support. Bevtoo

• beachplant
    17 years ago

Well, we failed in the plant napping anyway. We would have made it if only those nurseries hadn't distracted us, those enablers that MADE us buy more plants....

Tally HO!
    PS, Jolana & Carrie when are ya'll going to be gone? We've got our shovels packed to pay you a visit.

• jolanaweb
    17 years ago

Tally, we plan on going to Galveston soon. There's a person that lives there that has tons of plants we want, lol

• natvtxn
    17 years ago

I have never been to Galveston. How lame is that!

• jolanaweb
    17 years ago

WHAT????

Kathy, you kidding?

• janet_w
    17 years ago

Bev i'm a new grandmother too it's hard not being close to help out and keep an eye on them.

Tally a friend of mine moved to Jamaica beach we'll be visiting her in about 3 weeks. Maybe we can get together for lunch while i'm there.
    Janet

• carolann_z8
    17 years ago

Bev, I missed you, till my puter died.

• jolanaweb
    17 years ago

Carolann, where are you?

• jolanaweb
    17 years ago

Carolann, where are you?

• pjtexgirl
    17 years ago

She is in no computer land and is sad and lonely! PJ

• carrie751
    17 years ago

Jolana, I know that same person in Galveston that has plants I want --- I will pack my shovel, be at your place at an undisclosed time, and we will sneak into Galveston and be out by daylight. Kathy, if you want to go along for the ride, meet at Jolana's.

• jolanaweb
    17 years ago

Okay, we'll meet here. I have plenty of pots and bags
    shhhhh!

• natvtxn
    17 years ago

OOOOOOOH, sounds like a plan. See you then. I am so looking forward to my first trip to Galveston!

• carrie751
    17 years ago

My bags are packed, so our departure will be our secret, and we will be in and out before ANYONE knows.

• natvtxn
    17 years ago

I have a mental picture of "someone" sitting up every night with her shotgun loaded!

• bossjim1
    17 years ago

Tally, I'll be on the look out for a car load of "Plant Rustlers" and if they come through Alvin, I'll give you a shout! They'll be easy to recognize with the shovel handles sticking out the windows, and those big glasses with the fake noses and mustaches.
    Jim

• carrie751
    17 years ago

Okay, bossjim, so we may have to change our disquises a little now that you have ratted us out, but we WILL be successful. Oh, and I think we can safely bypass Alvin.

• beachplant
    17 years ago

I HAVE shovels!! PLEASE! I'll even give you the times I'm at work so you can raid undisturbed. I'll even stand there and point out ones for you to dig if you want!! I'll leave the gates unlocked too.
    Tally HO!

• bossjim1
    17 years ago

What are you doing Tally! Oh, I know, lookin' for more "open spaces" to buy for. Know how that goes. I went to Maas this morning, just to look! Came home with a truck load.
    Jim

• carrie751
    17 years ago

Would you also serve us coffee or tea while we dig, Tally?

• jolanaweb
    17 years ago

Hehehe, sweet tea for me and I like peach cobbler also, lol

I do think Jim is right, she wants some spaces opened up, lol

• beachplant
    17 years ago

Dang, you're on to me! what did you get at Maas? Don't tell me!!! Mercer sale is tomorrow. I'm NOT going, I'm NOT going..... I went to Jimbos and bought some more bromeliads and crown of thorns...
    Since ya'll didn't show up I had to spend the morning transplanting seedlings and THEN I had to actually plant stuff in the ground. THEN I had to take some trellis' that I just got at Big Lots and use them like barriers so I can get down a couple of the pathways.

No sweet tea here. I don't think we have a coffee pot. I'll give ya'll Pepsi, there is some beer in the fridge too. Bring pebbles so you can leave a trail to find your way out. I ain't coming to look for you if you get lost. Heck, the pebbles might not help the way the beds are overgrown, better bring mulch, then you can mulch and follow the path back.
    This is getting better & better, ya'll will mulch the paths, make room to walk (and room for more plants from Maas) and drink all that beer. Do you need a map? I think James can come down & cook, we know he cooks for big groups. Now I guess I have to clean off the stove and light it. Never mind, we'll order out.

Then off to Alvin to raid Jims house, now that ya'll have made room for new stuff from Maas and he was so kind as to go and buy it for me!! got my fake nose all ready to go.
    Tally HO!

• bossjim1
    17 years ago

Dang, the girl turned on me!
    Jim

• little_dani
    17 years ago

This is good. While y'all are all in Galveston, I think I will make a trip of my own, starting with Bastrop area.......Uh, Austin area.

Sorry you are worried about the sweet little grandbaby. Dirt won't hurt her, but she does need Mama to love her. I am sure that will work the way it always does. You just make a move to relocate her, and see if the tiger doesn't come out in your DD.

My house is a sty too. When you find the heavy duty cleaner to hire, would you point them in this direction? Course, I would have to clean before I let them come in and clean. LOL

Glad you are back.

Janie

• carrie751
    17 years ago

Now, wait a minute, Tally - everyone in Texas has sweet tea. Jolana and I would be lost without it. It seems you are really trying to discourage us --- it isn't working!!!

• jolanaweb
    17 years ago

Janie, you are welcome here anytime, lol
    Sneaky girl I caught that, lol
    Next month the Wildflower center is having a plant sale. We should all come from all over and go.

Carrie, it does seem like she is trying to discourage us, but we'll bring our own tea.
    Carolann wants to go and I bet PJ does too
    Tally, do you have any dandelion for PJ? LOL

• carolann_z8
    17 years ago

Hey, I have a shovel and fast diggin skills.

Take me....take me!!!

Iced tea for me too please.

• carrie751
    17 years ago

Okay, girls, we take our own sweet tea and hit the road to Galveston. Carol Ann can dig, and Jolana and I will load ... okay PJ, that means you and Kathy have to be our get-away team with the engines running.

• little_dani
    17 years ago

Hey! The Wildflower sale is a wonderful idea! Do you know what day it is? I could do that, as long as it isn't the 13th, 14th, or the 21st of April.

I am serious! Lets do this!

Janie

• jolanaweb
    17 years ago

Well, it looks like we would have a one day window

Here is a link that might be useful: WFC plant sale

• carolann_z8
    17 years ago

Janie, I'm with you!!!
    Jolana and I were planning on meeting up and going to it.

Wouldn't it be fun to all meet there!!

Carrie, you, Bev and I could all go together and maybe PJ.

If she isn't starting her new job.

• beachplant
    17 years ago

This is never going to work, while Jim, me and the Galveston/Houston area group are in the Austin area stealing plants that group will be here stealing plants. Then the Dallas group will make a raid on the San Antonio group who are off raiding the East Texas group......Pretty soon we'll be stealing our own plants!
    Tally HO!

• jolanaweb
    17 years ago

LMAO, Tally, that is what we would end up with, huh?

Janie, where did you go?

Carolann when are y'all going out of town ?

• carolann_z8
    17 years ago

Jolana, I can't tell you what day we're going out of town.

Tally and her gang might decice to strike!!!

I'm taking all my plants with me...just in case.

• carolann_z8
    17 years ago

What the heck is decice? LOL

It's supposed to be decide.

See what you guys are doing to me.

• natvtxn
    17 years ago

Ahum, adjusting my halo.
    I would never swipe someone else's plants. Of course, as with Roselee's columbine seeds, they might jump in my truck as I circled the block a few times.
    Plant rustlers of San Antonio anon.

• jolanaweb
    17 years ago

Oh yeah, Roselee's plants, okay Kathy, I know how you feel about that. The nursry people where I go know if I see a seed pod, I am getting it. They also know I help keep them in business, lol

• Texasorbust
    17 years ago

Oak pollen is nuttin' compared to the spring fever gone amok. Every thread on here has a theme going:tips and ideas for seedsnatching, rustling, beg, borrow or steal, recipes for hostas, roving bands of zone jumpers with shovels and nursery employees giving away pods to keep the peace. Sending out offspring to gather seeds.PJ's out running for 5miles a day to scope out more plants. By the time someone invents tile to match a flower & someone finds a good root to clear the sinuses it will be too late......

lmao
    =D

• natvtxn
    17 years ago

LOL

• pjtexgirl
    17 years ago

I'm in the nuthatch!!!! Dandylions? ONLY the NATIVE ones. LOL! You can hardly tell them apart. I can't believe TXorB told on me! Dang girl you should write mystery novels! Carol,we JUST HAVE TO GO SEE JOLANA darn it!!!PJ

• beachplant
    17 years ago

We KNEW PJ had an ulterior motive for jogging. It's to check out the neighbors plants so they can go snatch them later. Good idea. I walk the dogs for that reason but I could cover more ground jogging. Thanks for the tip.

During the Historical Homes Tour -first 2 weekends in May-Our neighborhood association is having a plant sale. I am the lead! So come on down and BUY some plants and see an old house or 12. Then go raid my yard and see another old house, this one a "restoration in progress". It's getting so you can't walk. With all the rain & great weather the yard has gone NUTS, kind of like this site.
    Tally HO!

• carrie751
    17 years ago

Thanks, guys, for one last chuckle before bed time. Check back with you tomorrow to catch up on the latest.