Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
little_dani

Am I a thread killer, or WHAT?!

little_dani
17 years ago

I posted on that 'Troll, Porcupine, whatever' thread last night, and came here this morning and IT IS GONE!

I guess SOMEBODY got mad, or can't take constructive critisism.

Or is it just that I am really a thread killer? HUH? I can take it, y'all just let me know. LOL

Janie

Comments (58)

• Texasorbust
    17 years ago

Where is Ms Jolana? Was she yanked to disney world with that thread?

• sylviatexas1
    17 years ago

The original "Amber Alert" thread is still there.

Here is a link that might be useful: amber alert

• carolann_z8
    17 years ago

Janie, when I hear you call it "it", you remind me of the movie "Silence of the Lambs".

"It puts the lotion in the pail". LOL

• little_dani
    Original Author
    17 years ago

Jolana was calling it 'It' yesterday. That is why.

I tried not to see 'Silence of the Lambs'.

I am a skeerdie cat!

Janie

• carolann_z8
    17 years ago

I know, I saw where she called him an it.
    She's such a Goober! LOL

Jolana, where are you?

• Texasorbust
    17 years ago

That thread is gone now too, guess im next.

I'm meeelllllllting

• carolann_z8
    17 years ago

Alright, who threw water on Susan!!!!

• natvtxn
    17 years ago

HMMMM, maybe it is the yanker.

• carolann_z8
    17 years ago

...and the plot thickens.

Jolana is MIA, Susan is melting and Janie is skeered.

Kathy, I think you're right.

drums...drums...drums...

And the yanker strikes again!!!

• carrie751
    17 years ago

Carol Ann, Jolana was calling it an "it" because it has never been established as to whether it is male or female --- okay? Jolana had to make a run over to Austin today, she will be back soon.

• remuda1
    17 years ago

I think I saw a thread where it indicated that eldo is a woman. Might have been on another forum though. I do remember being pretty surprised though.

Kristi

• bossjim1
    17 years ago

I think when they pulled Jolana's thread, they completely unraveled her. Poor Jolana!
    Jim

• pjtexgirl
    17 years ago

My earlier reply in here vanished! Was it ghosts or did I forget to hit the submit button again? Strange and mysterious things are happening here....
    Carol, I don't know what kind of philosophy book you're readin! I never no learned nuthin like that!
    Eldo it an "it" because "it" likes to play mind games and not tell "it's" sex. We know IT is a d*ld* tho. Maybe that will help. LOL!PJ

• terryisthinking
    17 years ago

I have been gone for 5 days. I won't be back for 9 more days, maybe. D'ya suppose that you all could keep yourselves from being thrown off the forum til I get back?

I don't know what this thread is all about, but sounds like the african goat-woman has attracted more unusual types like herself.

• remuda1
    17 years ago

Whooo Hoooo, 9 days? Think of the mischief we can get into!

Kristi

• carolann_z8
    17 years ago

Terry, I don't know about the rest of them but I'm the good one.

Kristi is trying to get me to misbehave. Bad Kristi!!!

Have a safe trip and let us know when you get back so we can straighten up by then.

• prairiepaintbrush
    17 years ago

I totally missed the original and now that's gone too. Oh well. Why are the women on here so nice and the men so awful? It's truly a mystery. Take JD, for example. Please.

HAHAHAHA! Sorry, JD, I had to kidya. Don't worry, you're one of the girls.

• little_dani
    Original Author
    17 years ago

I think I remember eldo telling us she was a she. She seemed surprised that we would think otherwise.

I will try to look that up. Unless that thread was yanked.

Janie, who is really good, and not into mischief. Y'all just wait 'til Jolana gets back. Y'all are gonna be in truuub-bulll!

• Bev__
    17 years ago

The Eldo person posted an unpopular opinon and I thought that all the others who disagreed, disagreed quite nicely. I didn't post to it because everyone said what I would have said already.
    Why was it pulled/yanked? (that almost sounds nasty doesn't it)

• rick_mcdaniel
    17 years ago

"Why are the women on here so nice and the men so awful?"

Awwww.....now my feelin's are hurt. (sniff)

• carolann_z8
    17 years ago

Rick, don't feel bad.

You're just one of the girls.

Besides that....eldo may turn out to be a girl!!!

• rick_mcdaniel
    17 years ago

Nah. Eldo isn't something a gal would dream up. Or at least not one over the age of 16. (grin)

• beachplant
    17 years ago

A complaint was made I'm sure. Did anyone else receive a "friendly reminder" from Gardenweb to get along? I also got a threatening e-mail from that person & blocked them. So I guess now their only choice is to complain, complain, complain.
    Tally HO!

• natvtxn
    17 years ago

You got a friendly reminder? Bad girl, bad girl, whats you gonna do when the cops come round.

• jolanaweb
    17 years ago

Okay, what the heck is going on ?
    It went from talking about mean nasty online people to pulling and yanking trolls and porcupines, lol
    sick, sick, sick, lol
    Tally, someone must have been been specific

Rick, most of the guys are very nice and there are some women that aren't, lol

Janie, you are not a thread killer, it is
    I want to know what took the cake, lol
    email me and tell me, okay?

• rick_mcdaniel
    17 years ago

Well, while you all sort it out, I gotta go make some jewelry....or at least butcher up some sterling silver. Check back tomorrow.

• beachplant
    17 years ago

OK, stop everything. RICK MAKES JEWELRY AND HE DIDN'T tell us!!

I liked the troll link, that was pretty cool! Post it again, I didn't bookmark it.
    Tally HO!

• beachplant
    17 years ago

Amber thread is now gone. I went to go back and see what I said, except for useless. I don't think I wrote anything really bad. They are just po cause I blocked them and they can't send me nasty e-mails any more. Tally HO!

• terryisthinking
    17 years ago

Eldo is a woman.

And she has been reasonable on a number of posts.

What is going on over there?

Still in NC

• carolann_z8
    17 years ago

Tally, you got a "friendly reminder", now I'm wondering what you said.

• beachplant
    17 years ago

I'm wondering what I said too! And if this person is a woman.... Remember she said something about someone showing off for "the girls"? Thanks txgardenlady for the information, know any other scoop? Menopause? I've found the premarin really makes a difference!! LOL!

Heck, if I got a "friendly reminder" whenever I said something to upset someone I wouldn't get any other e-mail, or snail mail for that matter. I'm not exactly known for my, uh, tact, yeah, that's it, tact!
    Tally Ho!

• jolanaweb
    17 years ago

Well, there was a post where they were upset that someone had assumed they were a man but then said they were.
    Then there was a post where it was telling Helptxgal that it was a widow. Who knows or cares. Mean is Mean

Tx Gardenlady, you are right, there have been multiple posts that are helpful, but many where they are just hateful
    Did you read the Amber Alert thread?

• pjtexgirl
    17 years ago

Y'ALL BEHAVE AND NO MORE YANKING AROUND!!!
    Did that sound authoritative enough??? With everyone in charge gone I am now QUEEN Muhahahhahaa ha ha ha....
    Well, maybe not.
    We wanna see pics of Rick's jewelry don't we?
    Funny, I'm the first one to take a jab at Eldo and no one reminded me to be nice. I think the word is incorrigible! They didn't bother!
    So...tell me whatcha say Beach? A tact is only good for hanging stuff on the walls. LOL! PJ

• jolanaweb
    17 years ago

Rick, I listen to you, it wasn't that long ago you told us you were learing to make it.
    Now, show us pics, lol

PJ, lol, Queen of what???LOL

• rick_mcdaniel
    17 years ago

Hey.....the only piece that is completely finished, is a ring my wife is already wearing. Everything else is still in work (well, except the first copper pendant, but that doesn't count.)

Good thing most jewelry is mass produced. You could never afford it, based on how much work goes into making it by hand. (smile)

Some pieces have already been gifted or donated to fund raisers, that didn't involve silver smithing. So....can't photograph those.

Best piece so far, was earrings in vermeil, amethyst, and created opal, as a xmas gift to my niece. She liked 'em. Picky though......she had to have lever back ear wires.

• carolann_z8
    17 years ago

PJ, you're living up to your name "baby brat". Doesn't it always seem like the baby gets by with murder. LOL

Rick, what a good idea for gifts. It's always good to have hobbies.

You need to start taking pictures.

• sylviatexas1
    17 years ago

Rick, your niece is a smart girl:
    lever backs are the best insurance against losing earrings.

& I have a whole ice tray full of "one" earrings, the remaining halves of pairs, to testify to this...

• rick_mcdaniel
    17 years ago

I take pictures every bloomin' day. No desire to take any I don't gotta take.

I figure the lever backs are due to the 2 yr old. (smile) On the other hand, you wonder how she keeps from getting her ears mangled, anyway.

• beachplant
    17 years ago

My sister-in-law is the Queen of Galveston, Nancy is the Queen of everything-everything is her fault, and I'm just the Queen! PJ can be Queen of running. Rick is an honorary Queen.

One Mardi Gras Nancy, Mary & I were on one end of the living room, on the other end were 2 gay friends of ours. We ladies always call ourselves "the Queens". A friend of ours was sitting in the middle of us all. The gay guys didn't know about the Queen thing. Friend in middle says "I'm surrounded by all these Queens!". One end of the room burst out laughing and the other end was very perplexed!

Welcome to the Queen club PJ!!
    Tally HO!

• remuda1
    17 years ago

"One end of the room burst out laughing and the other end was very perplexed!"

LOL, I love it Tally :). I have had a lot of gay friends. And I love them all. The guys are great cause they can always relate to "man problems". The girls are great cause you can go on vacation with them and hubby doesn't worry that anyone is out man hunting :). Two of my best friends right now are a lesbian couple. I look at it like religion and politics....I am fine with whatever you want to do, but I have my own preferences :).

"Rick is an honorary Queen"

Rick, time to start working on your TIARA!!

Kristi

• pjtexgirl
    17 years ago

Oh thank you,thank you Beach!Where's the roses? I'm a QUEEN here! Oh wait... glass slippers? No that was Cinderella. A crow? No that was an evil queen and I'm not that motivated. Queen of running should have diamond studded running shoes! Yep! It'll distract the other runners and I will be the fastest in all the land! Yeah! PJ

• rick_mcdaniel
    17 years ago

Duh!! Thanks, but I abdicate that throne, right now. The entire concept of royalty is against my nature.

Too much of a "they put their pants on the same way I do" kinda guy.

Besides, most royalty got that way, by the use of force, at some point in time. Which makes them conquerors, and not royalty, anyhoo.

• PKponder TX Z7B
    17 years ago

Dang, I always miss the good stuff! Is eldo gone? I haven't seen any tirades lately ;-)

Pam

• pjtexgirl
    17 years ago

Don't worry Pam! Eldo'll be back. Apparently, "it" likes to go to different forums and stir up trouble. It's like a totally useless hobby or something. Sooner or later "it" will get bored harrassing the other GWers and come back 'round.PJ

• beachplant
    17 years ago

Possibly posting as a growginger or some such. PJ can stir up trouble can't she? And we KNOW what trouble Janie is..look at this thread!
    Tally HO!

• pjtexgirl
    17 years ago

Whaaaa? Who me? Never! LOL!PJ

• beachplant
    17 years ago

Check out the post on "my new name". I bet Janie comes up as Rose Threadkiller!
    She is a protector of the missing thread.
    She lives in spiderwebs and tangled undergrowth.
    She is only seen in the early dawn while dew in on the spiderwebs.
    She wears red and gold. She has flaming red wings.
    Maybe I can get a job writing fairy names.
    Tally HO!

• little_dani
    Original Author
    17 years ago

yep, that is me, Rose Threadkiller.

I have flaming red wings WITH gold edges, BUT.....I have got so fat I can't fly anymore. LOL

My tights are a wee bit uncomfortable, riding up then rolling down at the waistband like that.

All that dew in the early morn makes me wet, which makes me cold.....

and, I am skeered of spiders, and can't stand spiderwebs.

I am a lousy fairy. Heheehe.

Janie

• pjtexgirl
    17 years ago

LOl!PJ

• maden_theshade
    17 years ago

Talk to the fat fairies - maybe they can hook you up with some pixie dust and restore your flying powers!