Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print

Comments (18)

• jolanaweb
    17 years ago

LOL, Why?
    If you are talking about the planter's peanut, do it with a rifle so you are covered in peanut butter, lol

• natvtxn
    Original Author
    17 years ago

I am soooo tired of him poppin' up.
    And I hate peanut butter.

• jolanaweb
    17 years ago

I don't ever see any pop ups
    Yeah, go ahead and fire away, lol

• rick_mcdaniel
    17 years ago

With my blessings. I woulda already done it, but I don't own a gun.

Such crass marketing anyway.....pushing Planters because of Peter Pan's salmonella problems.

I am ready to go away, rather than deal with all this gross advertising.

.....and yes, I am using pop-up blocking.....it still gets through.

• sally2_gw
    17 years ago

I don't get them, either. I don't know why.

Sally

• carrie751
    17 years ago

I have pop-up blocking, and I still get them from time to time. This morning, it came up behind the post I was reading so that I could not cancel it. I had to close the site and re-enter to get rid of it. Kathy, you have my permission to blow him to the four winds --- maybe Jolana will get some peanut butter when he goes by her house. LOL

• beachplant
    17 years ago

Heck, why stop with Mr. Peanut? Shoot 'em all!
    I don't get many, must be work has something to block them as I use the computer at work, but do get that dang ivillage one that goes across the screen & ya gotta chase it.
    Do we get a prize for shooting him?
    Tally HO!

• justintx
    17 years ago

natvtxn
    What caliber would you like?? Semi-auto or bolt? Shotgun or rifle? While you're at it, get the Wheat Thins, too. I went to Nabisco's site and sent them a "nasty gram". I wish I could have let one of my less restrained oil field friends do it!! Bad enough to pop up, but that infernal "baby, baby" before I find the right object to shut it up!!

J.D.

• melvalena
    17 years ago

found this in the rose forum, I did it and it worked.

I use FireFox. I had a pop up blocker that worked, and still did for most sites but all of a sudden GW was a nightmare of pop ups. I also had trouble the with my browser freezing up due to the animation in the ads that run along the sides of the pages too. I almost gave up on GW because of this.

Since I installed the 'add on' web surfing is running so much faster!

Install the 'add-on' Adblock Plus and follow the instructions. I don't have any pop ups or ad banners.

Here is a link that might be useful: get rid of the ads

• natvtxn
    Original Author
    17 years ago

JD, 410 over and under. Of course it has not been fired in about 18 years. So it would probably blow up on me.
    It was willed to me by a friend.

• justintx
    17 years ago

I think it would do just fine and wouldn't hurt as much as running your foot through your screen when those popups appear!!

J.D.

• stitches216
    17 years ago

Seriously, I think pop-ups pose First Amendment issues.

I hope we'll see a body of law develop around some new notions about "personal property usage rights." Call it an offshoot or cousin of "intellectual property rights."

If the law develops as I hope it will, we might even enjoy the end of telemarketing phone calls, never mind pop-ups.

Are any lawyers-for-a-living reading?

To paraphrase the character "Michael Bolton" from the movie Office Space - to whom it was suggested he ask others to call him by "Mike" instead of Michael, to avoid the annoyance of being asked if he was related to the singer of the same name: "Why should I have to own pop-up blockers when it's the advertisers' tactics that suck?"

"Freedom of speech" for commercial advertisers is not yet justly balanced with the interests of advertise-ees or market-ees, in my opinion. So start your campaign engines, and lobby for Rap to be appointed to the Supreme Court!

We can deal with gun problems another day. With our own guns, of course...

• jolanaweb
    17 years ago

Rap, I'm with you,I can tell today you are wearing lots of flair, lol campaign engines roaring, lol
    Don't you love that movie?
    I'm not even going to tell you how many times my son and I have watched it, lol

jolana

• stitches216
    17 years ago

I own a CD of the movie and my kids come to our house just to watch it. (It's one of my secret weapons to keep them off the streets late at night - and to induce them to visit.) It's one of my favorite movies that's been made in the past 10 years.

I almost forgot my flair! I never watched Friends on TV, and probably never will watch re-runs, just so I can keep J. Anniston in my memory as she was in the movie, at what I call her "peak of cute." But my favorite character in that movie was the construction guy Diedrich Bader played.

• jolanaweb
    17 years ago

He's one of my son's faves. I loved him on Drew Carey also
    We had the VHS and then of course had to replace with DVD, lol
    Rap, whatever works to get kids to visit, lol

• justintx
    17 years ago

Regrettably, it is advertising that keeps the internet "free". I'm too cheap to pay for "Dave's Garden" priveleges. Maybe we should do that - if it is any better???

J.D.

• jolanaweb
    17 years ago

I was with Dave's but came back here because it's friendlier.
    You used to not even mention Dave's on here or you would get booted, lol
    Spike and Dave had some kind of feud goin on

• prairiepaintbrush
    17 years ago

Luckily we seem to not be watched so closely anymore.

What I'm waiting for is if you switch to another window while the commercial is playing, it either waits for you to come back or goes with you.

This is incredibly stupid, but does anyone know how I ended up using Mozilla instead of IE? Not that I mind, but I was just curious. Today, it's what came up... even if I click on the IE icon.