Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
bossjim1

And Just When I Want To Garden The Most!

bossjim1
17 years ago

It's Spring Break and I take the grand kids camping for Spring Break. Oh well, got to keep my priorities straight.

Jim

Comments (21)

• sally2_gw
    17 years ago

Oh, whew! I thought maybe you were injured or sick or something. What fun, instead! (Of course, that's assuming they're little angels, which they are, I'm sure.)

Sally

• justintx
    17 years ago

Hey, Jim
    The grand kids will love Mel's DH's bass boat!!!
    J.D.

• bossjim1
    Original Author
    17 years ago

Yall bring that boat and meet us at Lake Texana State Park! The crappie should be spawning!
    Jim

• mikeandbarb
    17 years ago

Maybe you should change your traditions to having the grand kids over for gardening. They learn from that too HEHEHEHE. We all know how much you love them and you'll have a great time.

• jolanaweb
    17 years ago

Are y'all gonna tell spooky stories around the campfire?

Your priorities are straight.

• bossjim1
    Original Author
    17 years ago

Yea, Jolana, and roast marshmallows, and make smores. Hunt for shells, fish, and play in the sand(mud). Ha! We always have a gooood time!
    Jim

• beachplant
    17 years ago

Just don't go digging up plants in the woods. Or from the lake.
    I'd love to be camping right now, the weather is perfect! Plus I need to start hauling mulch. Where are those mulch guys when you need them most?
    Tally HO!

• carrie751
    17 years ago

Not at my house, Tally. I've been having to do my own hauling --- bwaaaaa! Sounds like a wonderful experience in store for you and the kids, Jim. Check in when you get back !!!!

• natvtxn
    17 years ago

At this point I don't care what those mulch guys look like......as long has they haul mulch.
    I am going to have to bribe......um...hire my grandson to help.

• prairiepaintbrush
    17 years ago

Hey, see if you can get some pictures of bigfoot!

• bossjim1
    Original Author
    17 years ago

After finally agreeing to the terrorists' terms,(camping, fishing, camp fires, smores, toy stuffed deer fawns, and more smores), they have released us and returned to their mommies! We had a blast and the garden did great on it's own, while we were gone.
    Jim

{{gwi:1309508}}

{{gwi:1309509}}

{{gwi:1309510}}

{{gwi:1309511}}

• natvtxn
    17 years ago

How cute and it sounds like you had a great time. Enjoy them because in about 6 to 8 years they will roll their eyes when you mention fishing. It won't be the fishing, but not being with their friends.

• bossjim1
    Original Author
    17 years ago

Yeah Kathy, I know what you mean. My own kids all grew a smart mouth at about 12 yrs. old also.
    Jim

• pjtexgirl
    17 years ago

How sweeeeeet! They are both just adorable! Glad y'all had a good time! PJ

• Texasorbust
    17 years ago

Too sweet! This is where remember when moments come from. LOL@terrorists.........
    Look how happy they are fishing!

• jolanaweb
    17 years ago

What a great time.
    Love the pics and the big smiles in them.
    Glad you had a good time and able to enjoy you Grandbabies

• justintx
    17 years ago

I think you grew MUCH more important things last week!!

J.D.

• Bev__
    17 years ago

How wonderful.....You're grandkids look like they're having a good time and I'm sure you did too.

Our lake stinks, we have a golden algae bloom & fish kill, yuk. I scooped out some dead carp today from around our docks and thru them in a small yard trash fire I had going. The pelicans & sea gulls were hanging out here & eating them, but they're gone now. I want them to come back.

• sally2_gw
    17 years ago

They are adorable! I am very jealous. I'm so glad you got to do this.

Sally

• MrsBox77
    17 years ago

Jim..your grands are adorable!! We look at it this way, they will only be young for a little while, and before long they won't want to hang with their grandparents. So we are jumping on it now...there will be plenty of time to work in the yard when they are teens. We are taking our 9 & 11 year old granddaughters to Fiesta Texas soon. Making memories while we can...they will be teenagers before we know it.

• bossjim1
    Original Author
    17 years ago

Mrsbox, I thought that our own kids grew up fast. It was nothing compared to how fast these are growing up. It really only seems like maybe last year they were learning to walk, and say "Papa". Makes me feel old, somehow.
    Jim