Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
bev1951_gw

Kittens

bev1951
17 years ago

The Humane Society just called & have 2 abandoned kittens for me to raise. How fun is that !!! Don't know anything about them yet but will take pictures & post them if we can ever get the printer fixed or break down & get a new one. But that's not a happy subject ! Kittens are. Now to find Tiger & get her scent on a catwipe to put on the kittens. Bev

Comments (10)

• jolanaweb
    17 years ago

Uhhh, lots of fun,lol
    Bev, I know how excited you are and I can't wait to see pics of the babies

• pjtexgirl
    17 years ago

Mee too mee too! I love kittens! You have such a cool thing going there.PJ

• mikeandbarb
    17 years ago

AWWWW Kittens are so cute. I raised a kitten from just a few days old. My niece found it and could not find the mother anywhere so I was the one she and her mom called for help. I had to bottle feed it, wipe it's bottom to go potty just like mama cat. It is a job but the cat grew to be a very healthy happy cat.
    Best to you and the kittens

• bev1951
    Original Author
    17 years ago

Have just now found a moment to check in!!, the kittens are both black & white, the male has more black & the female has more white. Both are tiny & probably in the neighborhood of 2 weeks old. the person caring for them before didn't really know how to take care of them so they weren't in the best of shape but hopefully no harm done. I'm taking pictures but can't put them on the computer yet GRRRR. Our camera reader thing on the printer is broken & can't find anyone to sell me the part or fix it, they just want to sell me a new printer. This one is only about 4 yrs old & is a $450.00 machine. Yes it's outdated but everything else works just need that 1 little part. I found it at the HP parts store online but they don't sell that part to the public. It's aggravating to know that if I could find someone to fix it ( authorized repair person ) the machine would keep on going for maybe another 4 yrs. Sorry to rant on so but when did this stuff become so disposable ? Anyway . . . back to the kittens, they are named Mia & Scamp & weigh in at 5oz for Scamp & maybe 4 oz for Mia. Tiger is being her grumpy self but if they cry in the night & I don't hear them right away she will wake me up. They eat about every 3 hrs except last night they went for 6 hrs ( ahhhhhhh uninterrupted sleep ). The little boy has the saddest eyes, they look like the eyes on the toy "rescue pet". Almost time for the next feeding, gotta warm up the bottle. Bev

• jolanaweb
    17 years ago

Aww Bev.I'm so glad you got them, no telling what would have happened.

You can't hook your camera to your computer with a USB cable to download/upload your pics?

I think the *disposable* society started years ago and is progreesing fast

• mikeandbarb
    17 years ago

I know how your feeling about the old computer. Ours was four years old and there was nothing to do but replace it.
    I gave it to my son for him to play around on, he loves to make drawing plans and is really good at it. He'd be awesome if he had the right tools like 3D disk.

Boy, your new babies are tiny, hope they are in good health poor babies. Sounds like even if Tiger's not happy about the intrusion she's not going to let them go hungry :)

• denisew
    17 years ago

Bev - It is so good of you to volunteer your time to help out our animal friends! I'm sure you will get them all fattened up and through the next few weeks to get them ready for adoption.

We adopted our gray cat when he was a little kitten - he was maybe 6 weeks old - our vet had them in his office - free to good home. My husband was so funny (he doesn't think it was funny) when he would sleep and his foot would hang over the bed a little bit so the kitten would sit on the floor and look up at his foot and jump up under the covers and grab it with his claws! What an awakening that was for my husband. I giggle about it, but I know that must have hurt his foot and ankle where he grabbed hold of him! We've had him for about 4 - 5 years now and he is declawed. ;-)

• bev1951
    Original Author
    17 years ago

Hi Guys, These little ones are taking a little longer to care for than some of the others, I'm sure it's because they have to get more familiar with me. My hands look like pincushions from their sharp little claws. Hopefully soon they'll trust me enough to let me trim their nails. They are sleeping thru the night last feeding at 11 or 12 then 1st feeding at 6. I had to have a nap this am. Tiger did the grab the feet hanging off the end of the couch thing with Dh too. Altho she loved to lick his ears, she goes after my nose. They are such wonderful creatures (all pets) & give us so much more than we give them.
    Jolana, you are so smart. I didn't even thing of doing that. I looked in the box & there is the disc & USB cord to put them directly on the computer. Now to get Computer brain DS #1 to come & help ( actually do it ) so I can show off these babies.

• bev1951
    Original Author
    17 years ago

Hi all, had to have the vet come out to check on these kids. The little boy was looking really pale & the eye drainage wasn't clearing up with the eye wash. $112.00 later they've been wormed, gotten antibiotic eye ointment , & oral antibiotics. Worth it for the peace of mind, she tells me they seem to be a little underweight & except for the eye & worm problem are fairly healthy. The eyes are almost cleared up, just a little drainage now & I haven't seen any worms yet but they seem to be more active between feedings. There is a term they use called Fading Kitten Syndrome to describe why apparently healthy kittens suddenly decline & die. I think that must have been what happened to Spike & I sure want Sad Sack to avoid that fate. Nothing new on pictures yet but soon I'll be showing off these little 1s. Bev

• jolanaweb
    17 years ago

That is good to hear Bev. Hope the news continues to be good