Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
texasorbust_gw

We have a FOAL!

Texasorbust
17 years ago

Look who was finally born yesterday morning! Momma walked him down out of the pasture and all the animals lined up to gawk at him......2 "auntie" horses, all the ducks and even the cats came out to see him.

Let momma out of the foaling stall yesterday am, she ate breakfast than snuck up and had him in the pasture right in front of her foaling pen!

Comments (28)

• jolanaweb
    17 years ago

Awwww, OMG, finally, well worth waiting for. Were y'all out there? Was it easy? They look so good
    What does Ed think? He is soooo beautiful
    Thanks for letting us know
    jolana

• Texasorbust
    Original Author
    17 years ago

She did it all on her own. She was only out of sight for about 45 minutes, must have had him in 10minutes;he was born, cleaned up and out for first walk all in under an hour. Now that is one tough lady! Can't stop the tears every time I look at him, tooooooo cute. Told Ed he is an uncle but haven't let him near the fence to get a good look yet.

• carrie751
    17 years ago

OH, OH, OH --- what a cute baby. I know the whole family is excited. You will have so much fun watching him develop. Have you named him yet????

• natvtxn
    17 years ago

Congratulations "grandma"! He is a beauty.

• jolanaweb
    17 years ago

Wow, quick and tough. Well, I won't be able to get enoough pics of him

Congratulations

• rick_mcdaniel
    17 years ago

Good looking youngster.

• pjtexgirl
    17 years ago

How lucky for you!!! She's (foals are girls right?)so pretty! Looks just like her mom through the face markings.PJ

• Jacquelyn8b
    17 years ago

He's adorable! Congratulations :)

Foal = baby
    Colt = boy
    Filly = girl

• jolanaweb
    17 years ago

PJ = city girl, lol
    We still love ya tho

• pjtexgirl
    17 years ago

Sheesh! They both start with "f". It's probably good I don't own a horse.I mustn't have paid enough attention to my neighbor's horses. I'm not from the city Jolana. I'm from the middle of nowhere! See? LOL!

Here is a link that might be useful:

• jolanaweb
    17 years ago

BWAHAHAHAHA, no wonder you don't know foal from filly
    There's nothing but buzzard poo out there, lol
    Is that a good fert?

• pjtexgirl
    17 years ago

Well, if you have a "good fert" no one will know! LOL!PJ

• jolanaweb
    17 years ago

HAHAHAHAHA, GOOD ONE!!!

• maden_theshade
    17 years ago

It's so darling! Congratulations!

• sally2_gw
    17 years ago

Auaaaaww! How cute! He looks just like mama. Congratulations!

Sally

• rick_mcdaniel
    17 years ago

PJ, that is a garden spot in the Mojave. Now, where's the pic of "Devil's Playground"?

• rick_mcdaniel
    17 years ago

New words for PJ.....

Gelding
    Roan
    Blue Roan
    Percheron
    Bay
    Sorrel
    Trotter
    Soquili

Hint....these are all associated with the equine world.

• pjtexgirl
    17 years ago

I want a Friesian! Why start with an ordinary horse?

Here is a link that might be useful: Friesian Stallion

• Texasorbust
    Original Author
    17 years ago

Thank you Thank you! Right now his name is"awwww omg look at 'em!". Still kicking around name ideas.

PJ, you really are the little Sis around here,they take every chance to torment the crud out of you. LOL

• marilyn_c
    17 years ago

NICE foal!!! Congrats!!

• pjtexgirl
    17 years ago

Well? You can't call it lil'horsey forever! What's the name of IT? :^) PJ

• pjtexgirl
    17 years ago

Rick, strangely enough the Devil's punchbowl is fairly green! LOL!

Here is a link that might be useful: {{gwi:1309558}}

• prairiepaintbrush
    17 years ago

PJ, I want a Fresian so bad I can't stand it! Proud Meadows used to be located where I could drive by and drool and ooooogggllle them, but now they are just a fantasy.

Beautiful little baby, texas. Are you out there hugging it and snuggling it? You gots to snuggle the baby! :)

• pjtexgirl
    17 years ago

Like my beloved Percheron, I think a Freisian Stallion or even and old gelding might just be too much horse for a beginner. They are gorgeous no? PJ

• Texasorbust
    Original Author
    17 years ago

The kids named him Native Fire and are calling him Nate. DH was calling him Drop Dead Fred because he just plops and passes out when he gets tired. I wanted to name him plunker, hehe. =D Nate it is, he's so cute and lovey I can't stand it. I call it snuggling PPB, they say I'm mauling him........pffffffffft

• pjtexgirl
    17 years ago

All that attention should make for a very sweet horse if horses are anything like other domestic animals. The more you cuddle them,socialize and otherwise spoil them they become extraordinarily tame and easy going. In my experience children(kind ones) with all their chaos,screaming,jumping and flailing around will help an animal be aclimated to a busy,fussy situation like being in public.

• sally2_gw
    17 years ago

I've only seen foals from a distance or in pictures/t.v.. It must be very special to be able to snuggle one.

Sally

• prairiepaintbrush
    17 years ago

In one of my internet searches for horses, because I've always always always wanted one, but never had one, I found a lady who is always there for the birth and pulls the baby into her lap. I think cuddling them is good. :)