Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
natvtxn_gw

Update on Laurel Lily

natvtxn
17 years ago

The MOM plants got her. I found her last words in a letter crying for help, but it was too late...

I managed to salvage one of her gardening gloves, but

I'm mistrustful because it couldn't protect her from the worst plant of all.

Comments (17)

• jolanaweb
    17 years ago

Hehehe, yeah, that'll get her back, lol

• pjtexgirl
    17 years ago

LOL! That thread was so funny! I miss Laurel.PJ

• jolanaweb
    17 years ago

She misses everyone too!
    The funniest ever was the cadbury thread, I would give just about anything to have a copy of that. I can't believe I didn't save it from my old computer

• bev1951
    17 years ago

Speaking of Cadbury, I just had the 1st of the season & it was absolutely wonderful. I bought 2 extra pkgs for the freezer, if I'm real careful & hide them from Dh I might could have 1 around Christmas. I remember that thread too, if she'll come back & post I'll save an egg for her. Bev

• jolanaweb
    17 years ago

Bev, wasn't that hilarious. People say all of the time, I nearly spit coffee or whatever on my screen but I did actually spew and tea was coming out of my nose, lol

• Texasorbust
    17 years ago

Well someone better have it saved somewhere. What happened?

• carrie751
    17 years ago

I missed it, too, Susan --- fill us in guys!!!!

• LaurelLily
    17 years ago

munches popcorn

Man, that Laurel chick was weird. I always knew that MOM stuff would get the best of her--she got on its bad side by calling it ugly, and you never wanna get on a plant's bad side.

Remind me about the Cadbury thread? All I remember is that one got famous, but I don't remember why.

• pjtexgirl
    17 years ago

Well, it was about CHOCOLATE and Easter so it will forever floating in our minds by posititve association.
    You're confused I'M THE wierdo from California,rememeber? LOL!Then again you are a plant that can type. Can't top that! :^)
    I admit Halloween is great for candy but honestly the BEST candy comes out in spring! I think we were wishing we all had a rabbit that laid chocolate eggs....I kind of remember....

Here is a link that might be useful:

• jolanaweb
    17 years ago

Laurel, it started off as an innocent thread, then you translated in to every other word ended in nizzle and some off color words, it was hilarious and totally unexpected, LMAO
    That was the *first* of the poxing, lol
    I did have it saved but lost it on the old computer...pass the popcorn, would ya

• bev1951
    17 years ago

I looked thru all my saved stuff but I've had computer problems since then & probably lost it. Now I'm checking out the stuff I've printed out to save. Have I ever mentioned I'm a packrat ? Laurel, I saved you a Cadbury. Do you want cream or caramel ? Don't know if I should mention this or not but last fall I bought a Mother of Millions plant, so far I haven't killed it. This feels like being home. Bev

• natvtxn
    Original Author
    17 years ago

Bev! You did what!!!!???

• jolanaweb
    17 years ago

Hehehehe, Bev said it feels like being home but she will soon have to move out when the MOM takes over, lol
    Bev, you can move in with me but you can't bring any with you, lol

• bossjim1
    17 years ago

Hi Laurel, I'm Hardy, I mean Jim, Nice to meet you!
    Jim

• terryisthinking
    17 years ago

If you know what year the post was, I might find it.

• little_dani
    17 years ago

OMGoodness! Do y'all buy up the Cadbury Eggs and hoard them over the year too?

I thought I was the only one who did that. DH is NOT allowed in the freezer because he would strongly disapprove, and might eat them to save me from myself, but it is a trait that comes from your ancesters. You know, Mama did it, and Her Mama did it, (or something like it, I don't know if they made Cadbury Eggs back then, but I know my Mama loved them.)

Y'all are starting to scare me. I am feeling more and more at home here, and this place has a lot of unusual people. LOL

Janie

• Jacquelyn8b
    17 years ago

Oh, Oh, I remember...Granizzle!!!
    I thought she was gonna have a conniption fit!
    That was the funniest thing I'd ever read.

Sponsored
Snider & Metcalf Interior Design, LTD
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars23 Reviews
Leading Interior Designers in Columbus, Ohio & Ponte Vedra, Florida