Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
melvalena

Sunday morning coffee

melvalena
17 years ago

I've spent days and days out working in the yard the last few weeks. Late yesterday afternoon I made a special effort to clean everything up, and put everything away.

I took the blower and cleaned off all the porches and then hosed 'em down.

The Pink Jasmine is smelling mostawesomelywonderful!

ahhhhh. Sunday morning coffee on the porch.

All I need now are my hummers!

Comments (10)

• Texasorbust
    17 years ago

Man o man.......that sounds nice. Wish I had cleaned up now instead of looking at the gardening bomb that went off out there. This map has things you can look for while you wait for your hummers:
    http://www.learner.org/jnorth/maps/spring2007.html?layers=ice

Drop down has all sorts of choices.

Here is a link that might be useful: Interactive map

• mikeandbarb
    17 years ago

I haven't been able to get everything done BOO WHOOOOOO.
    I've been trying to get clean up done and get plants for the swap to boot.
    Well, guess I better get back outside to get whatever I can done.
    Enjoy a cup of joe for me :)

• jolanaweb
    17 years ago

Melvalena, your pink jasmines are blooming?
    You lucky duck

Mine were looking so pretty till ice sat on them for 3 days, lol
    Now, they look like a gigantic dog raised his leg to them, lol
    How's that for a description, lol

• melvalena
    Original Author
    17 years ago

Thanks for the migration site, there are so many things moving through the area now, but its the hummers that make my heart dance.

Barb, I haven't finished either! I just wanted to have a nice Sunday morning coffee space to inspire me to keep on keeping on! (and keep hubby off my back )

Oh its so nice out there!
    I just now finished putting this bird bath in. We've had it for years, but it never would stand up right and was always a PITA no matter where I placed it.

I had this left over piece of elect conduit 2' long. I painted it black yesterday. Only 2 of the legs of the stand will fit inside it, but it works perfectly to keep that dish from falling over. Its right next to the water spigot to
    make keeping it clean and filled ultra easy! I took a few of the pink jasmine flowers and one clematis bloom to float in the water. I read about that on some site this morning, it adds a really nice touch! I feel so artsy fartsy now.

Now to find a plant to grow up under it to hide the legs...Maybe I'll put a Salvia greggii right there?

Like this one, just the other side of the walk way:

Wuddaya think? This one gets morning to about noon sun the spot under the birdbath will get all afternoon sun but shaded some by that saucer and the pot next to it.

• jolanaweb
    17 years ago

I think your a smarty pants, that was a great idea and it does look very relaxing and that Salvia would look very pretty there and cover the legs AND the hummers would love it

• melvalena
    Original Author
    17 years ago

OH jolanaweb!!! I'm so sorry yours isn't.

I keep mine in a pot and bring her in the garage for the winter. I pull her in and out as weather permits and keep her watered too. She stays pretty green through the winter. When it gets really cold I throw a blanket over her. She rewarded me by starting to bloom in the garage weeks ago.

I wasn't sure how well she'd do treating her like this, but now I'm sure! Its worth it to me to overwinter her just to have her company on mornings like this.
    She's getting a pretty new pot and trellis as soon as she's finished her thing.

• melvalena
    Original Author
    17 years ago

Well, Jolana--I'm only a smartypants because I spend nearly all my free time here reading nearly every word you professionals type and look at every picture that's posted.

Then I copy copy copy!!!

(except for the hummingbird feeder umbrellas! Those I came up with on my own!)

Melvalena

• jolanaweb
    17 years ago

Ooo, bless your heart for mentioning me in the same sentence as the word professional, lol

I really like that area there.... inviting

• pjtexgirl
    17 years ago

I really like that cozy corner too. Good place to watch birdies do their thing. I've been mowing and moving the chicken tractor around so they clear weeds too. TX weeds are TX sized! It's nice to see things finally greening up and blooming. I tried to overwinter my pink Jasmine in a really,really protected area. The last freeze got it. Boo hoo. PJ

• melvalena
    Original Author
    17 years ago

awwwwwhhhh PJ!

Get another one and keep it inside this time. Its worth it.

I'll check into propagating this one, when I re pot it, I think that'd be the best time to do that. If it works, I should have several by the fall swaps.