Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
pkponder2

Silver K Cafe in Johnson City (picture rich)

PKponder TX Z7B
16 years ago

We went camping last weekend at Pedernales Falls and headed out to Johnson City for breakfast. We found the cutest little cafe with an adorable courtyard. I wanted to share some pics and ask if anyone else has seen this little jewel.

Pam

The entryway with stock tank pond and lots of Kotchkies.

The iron eagle

Closeup of the pond

I love this fish behind the water pump

Comments (11)

• pjtexgirl
    16 years ago

how cool!!! I really want a trough pond. PJ

• PKponder TX Z7B
    Original Author
    16 years ago

It was just so cute! I've been wanting a faucet or old fashioned water pump for a water return for my pump.

Pam

• carolann_z8
    16 years ago

Pam, is Pedernales Falls very far from Granbury? It sure is pretty there and that cafe is so cute.

• mikeandbarb
    16 years ago

Carolann,I looked it up and it's just west of Austin.

I want that pond too LOL. I think I could handle one like that and I have an old water pump.

• PKponder TX Z7B
    Original Author
    16 years ago

It is 260 miles there from Granbury Carolann. I miscalculated and thought it was under 200. Seemed like we would never get there! Johnson City is 8 miles once you leave the park. I included a link to the photo album in case you want to look.

Pam

Here is a link that might be useful: Photo album of the trip

• marlingardener
    16 years ago

Ah, fond memories of the Silver K. We were on a mini-vacation and stopped in Johnson City. The restaurant we thought we would dine at no longer existed. However, we discovered the Silver K. Their pond is cute, but Lordy, the food is heavenly. To find a truly great restaurant in such a nice setting--nirvana! Admire the pond, but try their salmon!

• spammie5
    16 years ago

I am friends with the couple that owns the Silver K Cafe! I know them through a mutual love of music and yes, the outside is just as wonderful as the food. I have only been able to eat there once for lunch, but it was one of the most delicious meals I have ever had. If you can ever be there in the evenings on weekends, they offer music as well and then you could be lucky enough to have that great meal AND hear some fabulous singer/songwriters!

Here is a link that might be useful: Silver K Cafe in Johnson City

• PKponder TX Z7B
    Original Author
    16 years ago

I had a feeling some of you garden webbers would know of this place! I wish we had gone back for dinner.

Pam

• texanjana
    16 years ago

I love that place and Johnson City!

• denisew
    16 years ago

We stopped at Pedernales Falls State Park on our way back from Johnson City and the LBJ Ranch when we were vacationing in Austin a couple years ago. It is beautiful and a great place to get your feet wet - a fun place for the kids to play in the water.

I like that trough pond. It is a great way to have a pond on a patio.

• marilyn_c
    16 years ago

Looks like a great place!

I love trough ponds. I "collect" old concrete water troughs.
    Well, I only have 4 but I have my eye on some other ones. They aren't too hard to find around here, since this used to be dairy country in times past. The smaller round ones aren't too hard to move. The biggest one is 4 x 11, and that one required quite a bit of effort! :))