Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
sylviatexas1

Siamese/Burmese Kittens

sylviatexas1
16 years ago

I've had such bad experiences trying to find homes for animals that I've become a cynic, so I'm very hesitant to post this, but someone else once posted something here & found a perfect home for a pet, so here goes (bear in mind that I am a pet fanatic & will ask you questions-maybe you could just think of me as a birth mother whose child you want to adopt!):

I showed a house the other day, & the lady who owns it had 4 4-month-old kittens, all male, that she cannot take with her when she moves.

Well, I don't know how it happened, but I'm sitting on the edge of an office chair right now with one sleeping on the rest of the chair, one in my lap, one on the desk, & one...

well, he's somewhere around here.

They're *indoor only* kittens, & they're just adorable.

They like canned food & ice cream-

in fact, they always want to check out what I'm eating, & they scamper to the fridge when they hear it open.

I think they must be Burmese (Burmese are marked like Siamese) mixes, because their personalities are so loving & affectionate.

Three of them have blue eyes & Siamese/Burmese markings (creamy fur on the body, dark face, ears, & legs);

one of the three has dark feet, & the other two have "snowshoes".

The fourth little guy is solid black with yellow/gold eyes.

They're just the sweetest things, & they deserve the best homes.

Please email me at sylviaboardwalk@aol.com if you're interested & you can provide them indoor home, neutering, no de-clawing, lots of affection, sleeping wherever they want, etc.

sorry, camera kaput, no pics, but they're adorable.

Comments (10)

• roselee z8b S.W. Texas
    16 years ago

The kitties sound wonderful, Sylvia. Whoever takes these little boys will have wonderful pets.

Something I didn't know about cats until a good friend who runs an animal shelter told me is that generally male cats make more affectionate pets than females. I'm sure there are exceptions and not all may agree, but she felt it is because the females have all the responsibility of rearing and protecting kittens and hence they have more of a built in wariness factor whereas the males, who do not participate in bringing up kittens, do not.

• mommyfox
    16 years ago

Ohhhhhh man - you're evil - my cat just died and my other one is mourning him something fierce. It's sooooo tempting - but I think my husband would foam at the mouth if I brought home another animal. Good luck! I'm sure you'll find great homes for them!

• mikeandbarb
    16 years ago

Oh Sylvia I wish I didn't have allergies to cat's. I grew up with them but as the years went buy my allergies got worse. I miss having them so bad.My husband loves cat's too and he misses them dearly.

I hope you find a good home for the babies.

• Jacquelyn8b
    16 years ago

We were recently adopted by a pregnant kitty.
    Woo hoo, babies and trips to the vet. (Again)
    Somehow, cats seem to find us in their 'hour of need'.
    You understand!
    I wish your little guys the best in finding their new families.

• denisew
    16 years ago

Mommyfox - Go ahead. I know you want one . . . When my cat died last year, I had a kitten show up on my door step about two weeks afterwards and even though my husband said, "no more cats", he (the new kitty) has become a member of our family. I think it helped me get over my deceased cat a little easier. The new kitty - Pippen - is a year old now and is a wonderful little kitty.

• seamommy
    16 years ago

I just brought home two new kittens this time last year, we now have three large cats. Sylvia, I never knew you were such a softy for cats. If you still have any of them left on the 12th bring them along, people can resist a cat on the internet, but nobody alive can resist kittens purring and their tiny little meows. Cheryl

• sylviatexas1
    Original Author
    16 years ago

Well, it *seems* like it ought to work, but that's the very kind of thing I don't want to do.

I've seen & heard too many stories of pets that were acquired on impulse, & when it doesn't work out, the pet is the one who ends up homeless or worse.

If someone takes a plant home from the swap & the plant croaks, at least it doesn't have a nervous system & a brain;
    it (probably) doesn't feel pain or hunger or anxiety or fear.

A pet is a 15-20 year relationship, &, although I think these kittens, being Burmese mixes, are the kind that would do well in any loving indoor home, it's even more important that the new pet owner be good for the kittens as well.

I'd be happy to bring kittens to someone's home to see how they'll fit in, & I'll always take them back if it doesn't work out, but I'd rather get it right the first time.

• carrie751
    16 years ago

I agree, Sylvia !!!

• toadlilly
    16 years ago

One down-three to go, I will allow everyone to pet my new baby at the swap!!! Thanks Sylvia! Carla (new kitty owner to be!)

• carrie751
    16 years ago

Congratulation, Carla --- way to go, both of you !!!