Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
jolanaweb

TX or Bust ( Susan )is in TX

jolanaweb
18 years ago

She said she will post as soon as she can. She's on dial up and it takes her a long time to get to GW.

She said to say "HI" to all GW's

They didn't move into the house they were going to buy, they live around Mexia. Woo Hoo

jolana

Comments (32)

• gabriell_gw
    18 years ago

Thanks forletting us know she is here.I wondered what had happened to her.Hope she is adjusting to our great state.

• Texasorbust
    18 years ago

wooooooooooooooohoooooooooooooo!! We're here. Been one heck of a ride. After driving 1500 hundred miles with 2 vehicles, one on the gimp dragging 1 ton trailer, 2 kids, 2 dogs and a cat meeeeeeeeeeooooooowwwwwwwwin' in a cage we finally have our feet down. I would fill in the details but doubt dial up or anyone's nerves could take it. =)

Just popped in to say hi, miss y'all sumpin' terrible, and hope everything is growing, or planning to grow as yall planned. If dialup eats this message i may curse like a cast member of hbo's deadwood series. cover your ears.

texasorbust ~ aka texasorbust15nervousbreakdownslaterisnowtexasneverleavin'

ps there are many, many neglected beds ready to burst on this property, if i ever find my unpacked camera ill post and hope someone can fill in the blanks for me.

• jolanaweb
    Original Author
    18 years ago

hehehehe, I can't believe it!!!
    You know we will help if we can.
    We're so glad you are here safely
    jolana

• patsy_b
    18 years ago

Welcome to Central Texas.

Patsy

• Jacquelyn8b
    18 years ago

Congratulations!!!
    Glad you survived the move.

• sally2_gw
    18 years ago

I think I've been to once Mexia before, many years ago, and remember it as being a pretty little town. I'm so happy for you, and I'm glad you're here.

Sally

• pjtexgirl
    18 years ago

I'm glad you're here finally! I'm kinda relieved for you changing your mind on that first house. It was very pretty and unique but the renovations would've had you doing dishes in the bathroom forever! Heck of a trip aint it???
    I'm just now starting to recover! Moving is hard darn work! A year to plan,a week to do, and a year to establish. EEEKKK! PJ

• carolann_z8
    18 years ago

Susan, I'm so glad you found your way back here. We all wondered what happened to you.

Please post before and after pics. of your yard so we can cheer you on.

How's that watermelon eattin' dog doing?

• natvtxn
    18 years ago

Is Ed going to get his own watermelon patch?

• Texasorbust
    18 years ago

woooooooohooooooooooo! Online AND in TX, what more could I ask for? =D
    I will post pics asap, since I have no clue what is growing on here, think I recognize a grapevine and what looks to be future irises starting to pop up other than that i have no idea. Many,many trees I have to figure out also. There are 4 walking composters, errrrr i mean horses on our property and 1 cow next door so i plan to start a compost bin as my first project. btw, the neighbor cow seems to be lonely or it's trying out for american idol , it's sings over the fence at least 5 times a day. =D

Ed is ecstatic living out here in the country. It's difficult to get him to come in the house at all. He's birdwatching, squirrel chasing and leaping through the air trying to catch those flying beetles. He sits with head cocked sideways trying to figure out what in the world that huge dog(neighbor cow)is singing about. Hysterical to watch. Poor dog, entire family stands at the window laughing at em' all the time. =D His newest love is a whole coconut with a small hole in it. He practically jumps up and clicks his heels together when he sees one. Believe it or not it's funnier than Ed with a watermelon.

Susan in Tx(hehe)

• jolanaweb
    Original Author
    18 years ago

Hehehe, I can't wait to see pics. I suspect when it starts getting warmer Mr Ed is going to wanting his watermelon back, lol
    Do y'all have a stock tank at this house?
    What do the kiddos think of the school?

• carolann_z8
    18 years ago

I've seen Mexia but can't remember where it is.

What big town is it closest to?

• carolann_z8
    18 years ago

Susan, I looked on the map and you're only 2 hours and 10 minutes away from me.

We're practically neighbors!!

• jolanaweb
    Original Author
    18 years ago

I think she's only about an hour and a half from me, 2 tops depending on how I go and what the speed limit is.
    Maybe we should check out what garden centers are around there, lol

• Texasorbust
    18 years ago

gawwwwwwwd, we really need highspeed interenet back. Half pot of coffee brewed before gw finished loading. =P

We're 25 miles south of Corsicana and 40 miles east of Waco.

We have no tank yet, but do plan on one eventually. Me thinks Ed has hidden sketches drawn up of how he would like it to look. We should get him a mirror cuz he seems to think he is a duck. He jumped in tub with daughter at house we were renting, she threatened to shave his legs if he didnt vamoose outta there.

Plan to have a big blow out picnic/party/all around thank god the move is over celebration once we are completely unpacked. Maybe y'all could come and help me marinate in margaritas and label some of these plants for me! Might have to work on the menu though, not sure we're ready to barbeque for native texans tastes just yet. =D

• carrie751
    18 years ago

Make it a covered dish, Susan - then everyone brings their own speciality. Sounds like fun ------

• sally2_gw
    18 years ago

You wouldn't believe the image I had in my head. For a moment I forgot Ed is your dog instead of your DH. I pictured this man staying outside all day, jumping around and chasing beetles...then I remembered that Ed's your dog. Nothing wrong with my memory or imagination. :-)

Sally

• pjtexgirl
    18 years ago

LOLOLOL! Sally you are sooo funny! What a mental picture! PJ

• jolanaweb
    Original Author
    18 years ago

OMG, That is a visual, hehehe
    I wish my DH had that much energy, lol

• sally2_gw
    18 years ago

Yes, wouldn't that make life interesting.... ;-)

Sally

• Texasorbust
    18 years ago

ROFLMBO!!!!!!!!!!!!! Wow i really missed it here,no place else would i be gigglin this early in the morn! DH is 6'4" and not exactly the leaping through the air type.......lololol....finding it hard to see to type this....can't wait to tell my kids this.....forget the giggling , i've moved to laughing
    =D

• sally2_gw
    18 years ago

I almost didn't admit to that brain blip...I'm glad I did, now.

Sally

• PKponder TX Z7B
    17 years ago

I'm bringing this one back up to find out whatever happened to Susan? Did the Texas sun drive her back to New Jersey?
    I have been wondering and finally found the thread!

Pam

• jolanaweb
    Original Author
    17 years ago

Hi Pam, she hasn't answered an email since July, I think the last one I sent was Christmas and even threatened "don't make me come up there" but still haven't heard anything
    jolana

• terryisthinking
    17 years ago

That's weird, I was thinking yesterday that she had disappeared. Maybe she's getting the yard ready for that covered dish dinner?

Missed her accent.

• jolanaweb
    Original Author
    17 years ago

Yeah, where have you been Txlady???
    jolana

• pjtexgirl
    17 years ago

Wierd, I swear I was thinking about this a couple days ago. I wondered if she ran into the same problems we are(finding work) and had to go back? She was so d*mn funny! I miss her. PJ

• terryisthinking
    17 years ago

Jussss workin

I now have a black belt in Sudoku : )

Sudoku translated means "great waste of time"

• jolanaweb
    Original Author
    17 years ago

Ahh, the game of reasoning and logic, lol
    Blackbelt, huh?
    Do y'all play at home with the electronic version or online?
    We played Scrabble over the holidays and each game was a theme, gardening, football, etc, etc.
    That was fun.
    How is your DD, well I hope. I still keep her in my thoughts and prayers

• pjtexgirl
    17 years ago

Sounds like a fun black belt! LOL! PJ

• terryisthinking
    17 years ago

online - I don't think I could make it with all the chickenscratches in a book game.

McK had given up chemo for the time being. Then she went out and got a job at Target that starts at 2AM, and has been working it for 2 months. Amazing. The first MRI she had showed no growth.

I heard a radio story about a drug that kills all types of cancer cells. Went to read about it. Since it is a very cheap, unpatented drug, there is no money for testing. I left my e-mail for updates.

Here is a link that might be useful: Cancer Drug Web Site

• jolanaweb
    Original Author
    17 years ago

OMG, that sounds so promising. Wouldn't it be wonderful to be able to have medication that might cause you to limp, instead of poisoning your body.
    I hope they are able to do the trials soon and get the funding.
    Thank you so much for posting this info.