Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
justintx_gw

7/10 ths of an inch - Justin

justintx
17 years ago

I just got 0.7 inches of rain here in Justin. Best we've had for a long time.

Carrie - too muddy to steal, uh, I mean thin those irises??? I'll drop off those pots on my way to being destroyed by my DW in the racquetball court.

J.D.

Comments (25)

• natvtxn
    17 years ago

Since 7:30 Sunday night we have registered 3 1/2 inches. I know it was more, but could not fall in the gauge when it was raining every direction but up.
    I had white water in the ditch.
    It is currently pretty wild out side.
    Sunday there were two car drownings in this area.

• pjtexgirl
    17 years ago

We just had a downpour that had "waves" coming out of my rainbarrels! It slowed down and is now draining off normally but what a show!PJ

• sally2_gw
    17 years ago

We got a little bit of that rain. Boy, it came down harder than I've seen in a long time. Tomorrow when I get to work, I'll check the rain guage. I hope the lakes full up some more.

Sally

• jolanaweb
    17 years ago

It has been raining since night before last with a 2 hour break. The dogs don't want to go out, I have to force them and we all have to wade when they do, lol.
    The weather radio is going off about every hour announcing a flash flood warning.
    I've heard "Don't drown, turn around" way too many times
    It won't be long tho when I'll be begging for a sprinkle

• maden_theshade
    17 years ago

3.5" yesterday and another inch today. I wish I could store it up!

• jolanaweb
    17 years ago

It's been a long time since we have filled 5 rain barrels and it is killing me that some are running over.
    The rain gauge said 5 inches yesterday, but has long since run over.
    I heard Lockhart got 8.55 yesterday just in a matter of a couple or few hours.

• mikeandbarb
    17 years ago

Hey you all down south hording all that rain please send it our way. I only got maybe 0.5 inches of rain.This is not the way I want to start spring out again.

• jolanaweb
    17 years ago

LOL, Barb, I think y'all had more rain last year, didn't you?
    You can have all you want but you have to come get it, but on your way...don't cross any rushing water, turn around, don't drown, lol

• carrie751
    17 years ago

Now that you know the location of the iris, JD, I probably should spot check each day to be sure they are still there. LOL Thanks for all the containers ----

• justintx
    Original Author
    17 years ago

Carrie,
    Bad thing is, if anything comes up missing now,,,,,,,,,,, I'm going to get the blame!!!! Kristi doesn't know where you live does she?????? LOL

• carrie751
    17 years ago

Not yet !!!!

• melvalena
    17 years ago

OH but *I* do!!!!
    /starts evil plotting

• pjtexgirl
    17 years ago

I love the little smilie do-dah that gardens!It's so cute!PJ

• carrie751
    17 years ago

Yeah, PJ, wish I had her at my house helping me.
    JD, maybe you should have a heart to heart wiht melvalena.

• jolanaweb
    17 years ago

LOL, isn't funny, that lil gardener is only cute when you can't see the word evil above her. LOL
    Scroll where you can see her and then scroll up to put the evil in her, lol

Carrie, maybe you should take inventory, LOL

• mikeandbarb
    17 years ago

Jolana, U have me confused with someone else. We're in the desert now going on 3 rd summer of drought :(
    Houston is the one hogging the rain.
    I'm thinking someone's wind has blown out of their sail for us northern's, cause it keep's going east.

• lindseyrose
    17 years ago

How about if I go out on my front porch and blow westward for a while, Barb? Geez, we are flooding here. My front yard (really my whole property) has drainage problems. :( Also, my dad cleaned my gutters in the front of the house a couple weeks ago but something is wrong because they are STILL flooding although I know they are empty. I suppose the downspout must be clogged. All my little plants are going to drown. :( Ah well, I hope the St. Augustine will at least start growing with all this water. Today's rain makes over 5 inches in March.

• justintx
    Original Author
    17 years ago

I "ratted out" mel's DH about the bass boat, now, I will pay. No way he will cover for me now.

Carrie - it won't be me now - I don't have any containers!!!

• sally2_gw
    17 years ago

Well, it's probably off topic by now, but I did check the rain guage at work, and we got about an inch and a quarter. Not bad, but I wish it took longer than 10 minutes to rain that much. That was the hardest rain I've seen for a long time.

Sally

• jolanaweb
    17 years ago

Barb, lol I am south of you and I bet we are still considered in a drought. Last year y'all were getting rain and all we could do was see it on the radar, lol

I wish we couls all get a real good shower once every 2 weeks. Wouldn't that be wonderful. I know, I'm in lala land, lol

• melvalena
    17 years ago

justintx,

I WISH my hubby would spring for a bass boat! I have the truck to tow it and the time to take it out too! (he has neither)

Melvalena

• carrie751
    17 years ago

I know, JD, but there are always boxes or plastic bags ---

• justintx
    Original Author
    17 years ago

Sally - at least that heavy runoff helped the lakes (I hope). I sure enjoyed those winter slow shower days. My clay soil just runs everything else into the street.

Carrie - you're just NOT going to let me off, are you?!?! ; - )

Mel - I trust when I'm sitting in that cell, eating whooper stew and bread pudding, you will post some pictures of your "newly acquired" landscaping.

• melvalena
    17 years ago

You bet I will!!!

• carrie751
    17 years ago

Not in this lifetime, JD !!!!!!

Sponsored
Dave Fox Design Build Remodelers
Average rating: 4.9 out of 5 stars49 Reviews
Columbus Area's Luxury Design Build Firm | 17x Best of Houzz Winner!