17 years ago

She';s pulling my bermuda

• jolanaweb
    Original Author
    17 years ago

Hehehe, what????, I thought she was coming here first, lol

• carolann_z8
    17 years ago

Maybe she's sneaking off and buying that passion vine we're all fighting for. LOL

PPB, you out there?

• little_dani
    17 years ago

What passion vine is it that y'all are fightin' over?

I have a red one that I am going to dig up and give to somebody.

It gets toooooooooooooooooo big for me, but it blooms just BOO'FULL! and all the time too.

Anybody want it?

Janie

• remuda1
    17 years ago

Txgarden....she just showed up here and is getting started on the henbit ;). Jolana, she went by your house, but you didn't have any weeds.

I was wondering about Julie today too. Earth to Julie???

Kristi

• jolanaweb
    Original Author
    17 years ago

JANIE!!!! You know those are my favorites

I'll drive to get it, lol

We've been wanting to have lunch, my treat too, lol

LOL, Kristi, she must have gone to the wrong house, hehehehe
    I have more weeds this year than ever

• carrie751
    17 years ago

Well, she did not show up at mine, and she was supposed to dig bermuda here first --- where is she?????

• jolanaweb
    Original Author
    17 years ago

Does anyone have her email?

• terryisthinking
    17 years ago

I sent her an e-mail through the gardenweb the day before this post appeared. She wanted to dig up some Carolina Buckthorn.

Haven't heard from her.

• remuda1
    17 years ago

She doesn't list an email on her GW page. Sometimes when someone has sent me an email through GW, it has automatically gone into my spam folder, or I just don't receive it at all....

Hope everything's okay with her.

Kristi

• prairiepaintbrush
    17 years ago

Aw, ya'll are so neat! I got a j*b. So I've been working my a** off and I just look at the computer from the sofa and wave. Thank you for looking for me!! :)

• jolanaweb
    Original Author
    17 years ago

Good to see you back. Do you like your new job?

• carolann_z8
    17 years ago

Glad you're back PPB. Jobs are good but they sure can take away for your gardening.

Janie, I've been away. Now whats this about a red passion vine.

• carrie751
    17 years ago

Sorry, Carol Ann, you snooze - you lose !!! I think Jolana said she was driving down to get it, and she is closer than you. LOL

• jolanaweb
    Original Author
    17 years ago

I haven't gotten a deal *okay* yet, but I am closer
    Hehehehehe

• prairiepaintbrush
    17 years ago

I like the job so far, thanks. I covet passion vine. I once found one that was teeny tiny with little dime sized green flowers. Appropos of nothing, I realize, but it was cute.

• little_dani
    17 years ago

The passion vine goes to Jolana, sorry to all who covet.

This one is especially delectable, very vibrant RED, huge blooms, and a VERY strong vine.

I just cannot keep it. I am out of room for vines.

Also, Jolana, the Silver Lace is just beginning to green up.

Sadly, this week is brimming over with committments on my part, but next week looks better, or I can put it in the mail for you. You just name it, that is what we will do. LOL

I have other goodies for CarolAnn.

How about a native Clematis, that has darling little purple bells for blooms? I have lots of them to share.

Janie

• jolanaweb
    Original Author
    17 years ago

Janie, I would rather meet for lunch but if it's not going to work, I'll send postage. Have I told you lately that I love you, that is supposed to sound like Willie, lol

PPB, what passion vines do you have? Maybe I have some you don't and if I have babies, I'll share
    I'm glad you like your job, that makes it better
    jolana

• prairiepaintbrush
    17 years ago

I ain't got no passion vines. I only have seen some in the wild, and of course seen them for sale. I thought it was interesting that they come in all sizes and colors.

I don't got no darn thing to trade but henbit. Would that do?

• jolanaweb
    Original Author
    17 years ago

We don't have to trade. I'l keep an eye out for babies, when they start coming back, okay
    If I get to go to Carol's swap will you be there?

• little_dani
    17 years ago

Stamping feet here!!!

I ain't gonna get to go to no plant swaps again this year!

Carol Ann, you have to move closer, so you can run the swaps down here too. If you move to Victoria, that would be fine.

I also have a purple passion vine, but for some reason, it isn't as 'healthy' as the red one. I have to keep that one, for the butterflies.

I might have some red babies.
    I do have a native in a pot that I don't have a place for. Do you want that one, Julie?

Janie

• jolanaweb
    Original Author
    17 years ago

Look at you Janie, always givin.
    I find it very hard to believe you have one plant or any for that matter, unhealthy

Janie, you and I could go together, yeah, how 'bout that?

• prairiepaintbrush
    17 years ago

You are all sweet peas! Janie, if you frill have one that you have no space for, I will send you something in return. I like native thingies. What kind of things that aren't plants do you like?

Jolana, I have to wait until I have at least something to trade before I show up at a swap. :)

I would love to one day get a passion vine that actually produces fruit. I found fruit one time, but I didn't know what it was. It was *orange*!

• little_dani
    17 years ago

Well, Julie, things that I like that are not plants include antique dolls, and antique primitive furniture.

LOL, heeheehe.

I will look for babies.

Are you sure you don't want this native clematis? Purple bells, it is darling. Lady Bird Johnson has a red one at the wildflower place in Austin.

Janie

• natvtxn
    17 years ago

Jani, Can I trade you something for the native clematis? I have been looking for one for years.

Kathy

• little_dani
    17 years ago

Kathy, if you will email your snail mail address, I will gladly, happily put it in the mail to you.

If anyone knows the name of this clematis, I would appreciate the sharing.

Janie

• jolanaweb
    Original Author
    17 years ago

Janie are you talking about the purple native?
    Clematis pitcheri, purple leatherflower and the one you want is Clematis texensis, scarlet clematis.
    I always have my eye out for that one for you

• little_dani
    17 years ago

That is it.

Thanks.

Janie