decorations on your 55" TV

{{gwi:1309931}}

Comments (23)

• melvalena
    17 years ago

Is the 2yo still breathing?

• pjtexgirl
    17 years ago

Wow Joe!OMG! (((Joe))) You and your wife have my sympathy!!! That's why God made your lil sweetie girl sooooo cute! It's easier to forgive their reckless side! PJ

• Texasorbust
    17 years ago

OMG....... wait 'til she's 4 and paints the kitchen with red paint and elmers glue. I'll google and see if I can find some solution for removing that because I'm nice and because I'm lmao.

Hang in there. To her it's art Daddy!

• zitro_joe
    Original Author
    17 years ago

How it went down...
    I called my Erin to see how she was doing, she sounded really depressed. I asked what was wrong and just said "I dont want to tell you, you'll be really mad". Well, I finally extracted the information from here and there was a moment of silence - then I started to chuckle. I figured there was nothing I could do about it from work and the damage was already done, its just a TV. I figure unless we caught here in the act, yelling at her would do her, or us, no good. However, Erin did catch her in the act and she was reprimended. Abigail told me "sorry" when I came home.

I called the store I bought it from and the said they have never dealt with this, but they did use GooGone to take off ink on the RR stalls. That didn't work, I pulled out the Simple Green and it worked great. I cleaned it in 4" sections because didn't want the cleaner dry on the screen. I wiped it off with H2O pretty much as soon as it took off the markings. Then I lightly armorall'd (lowshine) it to help ensure the cleaner did not damage the screen.

Its all good now!

• Dena Walters
    17 years ago

Thank Goodness!!..now I can LMAO!!!..OOHHHHH Let me tell ya...been there....not on a 55" TV...LOL
    But even now w/my grandson...freshly painted walls...a light tan color with purple and green...he called it a dinosour(sp?)...I could have cried..yet....
    I stopped counted to 150..and hugged him and said that was BEAUUUTIFUUULLL...BUT.....
    Nanna says...NEVER EVER put a picture on her wall again...IF HE put it on paper Nanna could save it...whew...talk about strength...yet...CONTROL...LOL
    Im sooooo glad you saved your TV Joe.....LOL..Im sorry I got a good chuckle for your mishap..but I did mine too..LATER.....LATER...LOL
    I sooo sympathize(sp?)..OK IM A BAD SPELLER..LOL...
    Dena

• Texasorbust
    17 years ago

Hope you'll take my apology for laughing, was with not at. I remember vividly my once white kitchen looking like the easterbunny had just been murdered in there, DD looking so proud of herself. Now you have me giggling again with the silence pause....hugs to Erin, been in those I don't wanna say shoes too!
    They grow & think of more interesting things to do to your stuff&the vocabulary grows quicker than their bodies so don't say too much you wouldn't want repeated in line at the grocery store.

• maden_theshade
    17 years ago

OMG - you guys are scaring me.
    I want my nice stuff to stay nice.
    I guess I need a big storage unit now. :-(

• zitro_joe
    Original Author
    17 years ago

Well PJ pointed it out...
    How can I be mad at girl that:
    Supports UT with her Daddy
    Hits the Pinata with her Daddy
    Practices Jiu Jitsu with her Daddy
    Feeds Giraffes with with her Daddy
    Makes bread with her Mommy (he!)
    Rides bikes with her Daddy
    Kills weeds with her Daddy
    Wears boots and plays guitar with her Daddy
    finally
    On request, kisses her Daddy

• zitro_joe
    Original Author
    17 years ago

Having nice stuff is a....well, its difficult at times.

However, I don't want my kids to feel like the can't live at their own home. I believe a child's home should be warm and welcoming not a showcase of untouchable stuff. When I was younger (I'm still young) always felt bad for kids that were scared to have fun at home.

• zitro_joe
    Original Author
    17 years ago

no need for apologies! My feeling dont hurt easily.

• maden_theshade
    17 years ago

Well, at least she was using the right color! Orange! HOOK'EM!!!!

I don't live in a museum by any means. With foster cats, I've learned to put most of my pretties away where they can't be knocked off, broken, or eaten. (Found one of the cats yesterday trying to eat my bird watching book! aaaah!) And of course, there are the occasional accidental scratches on the sofa....I keep telling DH the kids may do worse. We'll just wait til they all grow up and then get something new. :-)

But cats don't write on the walls! I'll have to keep Baben_theshade outside with me! Sunday, as I was weeding the H* Strip, I decided to start teaching her the difference between my oxalis and the nasty goat-head stickers! Can they receive brain waves and visuals now?

• pjtexgirl
    17 years ago

You're so cute with babeITS!My older kid knows how to garden. My younger munchkin shows a real interest already. You never know!
    Our TV got scratched with something sharp. There was a cover over it that protected the screen (silk is strong!). So it ended up with very,very faint lines that were mostly cloth rubbed off. My lil one confessed and said he was sorry. I'm so happy he didn't fib!
    I think you need to take more pics of your angels Joe! LOL! Good Lord she is so adorable!!!PJ

• Dena Walters
    17 years ago

Joe you are a great daddy! and man she is a beautiful lil' girl..or tomboy?...
    Keep up the great daddying (is that a word?..lol)
    Dena

• mikeandbarb
    17 years ago

Hug's to both of you.......Your taking me way back into time with your daughters art work LOL.
    It could be a lot worse let me tell ya. My son who was quite the busy little boy went through a time of waking up in the middle of the night at the age of 3 yrs' old and he had woken me up with many sounds that did not sound right. I slept with the TV on (this was before the had a sleep timer) I was awaken to the sounds of snap, crackle and pop, he had poured a cup of water into the back of the TV. Other time I was awaken to the sounds of crunch.....crunch crunch........crunch crunch crunch.......when I opened my eyes I could see his shadow doing a dance in the middle of my bed room, getting up to see what was going on I found a whole bag of potato chips empty out on the floor and he was stomping on them.
    Then there was the time he had gotten out sugar, cool aid, cereal and who knows what else and grounded it into the carpet, never did get the cool aid out.
    Then there is my daughter she picked on cat's, she was only 3 yrs' old at the time but I was in the tub getting ready for my son's birthday party when all of a sudden my son burst into the bathroom yelling moma,moma, Julie, Julie she has the cat, well my daughter had the cat by the tail swing it around in a circle. Poor cat was never the same and would not go around the kid's at all and I had to find him a new home. I loved that cat he was so sweet and so pretty.....but I could not put him through the torture and to think that cat loved them kids he slept with them every night till DD got a hold of him.

• melvalena
    17 years ago

LOL...
    Barb, your story reminds me of the time my sisters and I decided to give our huge old cat a 'ride'. We stuffed him inside a pillow case and swung him around.....We though he'd like it!

poor cat....I think our mom had to throw the pillow case away.

Gosh that was a L-O-N-G time ago.

Once my son, at about age 3 took a crayon and walked through out the house with it. His sister, about 1, followed him with another crayon.
    It was a rental. I wanted that deposit back.
    They never, ever did that again.

Then, later, my son was learning how to drive.....
    standard, he was parking in the driveway which is quite slanted...and popped the clutch--lurch lurch...crunch. There went the brick wall of the garage!

It was funny. The look on his face.
    Then there was the time he took a corner too fast and ran up in some one's yard. Thank goodness he missed the brick mailbox! But we had to replace the wheel, and some more serious damage to the frame. He tried to talk his way out of it--and claimed he just hit the curb...but we saw the tire marks up in the grass and the skid marks on the pavement.

Kids are great, but the older they get the more the damage costs.

• little_dani
    17 years ago

You have exactly the right idea about a kid in his/her home, Joe.

When my DD turned 16, she had a humongous birthday party at our house. The house was set up for kids, and I was always pleased for them to be at my house, rather than some place where who knows what was happening.

One boy expressed surprise that we would allow a party at our house. He said his parents would NEVER allow him to have a party at his house. I felt so sorry for that kid. What kind of home is that for a kid?

Big Sister looks like she is doing o.k. Don't let her around your flat screen monitor, but if you do, they say vaseline will smooth out scratches on it.

Janie

• rick_mcdaniel
    17 years ago

Sharpie plus non-porous surface= removable, not permanent. Now, if she does that to your window curtains, you just might have a problem.

Good time to train her that graffiti art is BAD!

• zitro_joe
    Original Author
    17 years ago

Dani- She took a ball-point pen to the flat panel LCD monitor about four months ago. That came off with non-acetoen nailpolish remover.

Rick-I knew the ink would come off, I was more worried about the chemicals I had to put on the screen in order to get the marker off. Its's one of those 'no glare' screens, it has a special coating. A new screen cost $300.

• rick_mcdaniel
    17 years ago

Heck, I don't have anything but a 15 yr. old table model Sony. It gets the 16 mins. of commercials for every 30 mins. of air time, just fine. (smile)

No need to invest mega bucks to hear advertising.

• zitro_joe
    Original Author
    17 years ago

I agree with you there Rick, but I love movies. We are a movie watching family. Last night it was the Tigger Movie (guess who picked that one).

• Bev__
    17 years ago

Such a sweet little girl making art on the TV for mommy & daddy..
    My oldest son had that happen with markers on his big fancy TV last year. All 3 kids used different color markers, they got the wall & floor too. My son didn't get mad at his kids, the jerk got mad at his sweet wife for "letting" the kids do that. Like she can take care of the house & laundry & etc and have an eye on them all the time. I reminded him of some of the stunts he pulled when he was little when I wasn't looking. He apologized to his wife.
    Kids & a perfect looking house and furnishings won't happen.
    This same son built a "mini mansion" with expensive custom cherry cabinets, floors, & furniture with 3 kids. I told him he was making a mistake with a soft wood like cherry, that oak would hold up better. After 3 years it's all knicked, scatched, gouged, looks 20 years old. He IS a wonderful dad, husband & son, just thick headed sometimes.

• MrsBox77
    17 years ago

I have a pic I got off the internet of two small boys, a living room with plasma TV and leather furniture...and an opened can of paint. It is priceless. Wish I knew how to post it here.

• denisew
    17 years ago

Mine was a two year old with a squeeze bottle of brown mustard and a four year old with a squeeze bottle of chocolate syrup squeezed onto the floor of our family room in front of the fireplace and the two boys doing "the jig" in their puddles. I also had an incident with a red sharpie and a loveseat. Oh, and there was the time it snowed baking powder in the front room and the syrup bottle mistaken for paint like they used at preschool all over the sofa and floor in the front room, peeing in the middle of the garage floor because my 5 year old (youngest son of 3 boys) was too lazy to go inside to use the toilet (thank goodness it was on concrete and could be hosed out), etc. Oh, the stories we could tell . . .

I think we all have our stories of our children's artistic endeavors. Hopefully you will be able to get that off with some Goof Off or other solvent cleaner.