Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
dwalters7

My Tile ... What do you Think?

Dena Walters
17 years ago

Ok..here's a picture of the tile I found and LOVE....I'm hoping my tile guy can find the exact same w/his discount...although my DH...who is a salesman....has talked the guy down to $2.00 psf...It's a 20x20 tile...and I put it up against my loveseat to get the full impact...that color behind it is...YES...cement.ack...Im so tired of living with part cement, part linoleum, part tile..and a mess!!!!

{{gwi:1309988}}

Keep your fingers crossed that it will be over by this weekend....

Thanks EVERYONE!!!..Your input has meant ALOT to me!!

Dena

Comments (13)

• maden_theshade
    17 years ago

I love it! So warm and such great visual texture!

• pjtexgirl
    17 years ago

I like it! PJ

• Bev__
    17 years ago

Much better. WOW...good price too.
    Be sure to look at several pieces of the same tile to really be sure you like it. Preferably laid out together. One tile won't give you the true impression of a whole area tiled with it. What shade will you use for your grout. That will affect the look of the tile too.

• natvtxn
    17 years ago

Dang, what a deal. We paid $2 psf ten years ago for 1 ft x 1 ft.

• Dena Walters
    Original Author
    17 years ago

bev, we had 6 pieces laid out in the store, and it really is much prettier when all the tiles are side by side. I'm gonna let our guy that will lay the tile pick out the grout, he does it for a living and he knows alot more than me...thats way to many decisions for my pea brain..LOL!
    Im so excited! I'll have to do more pics when it's all laid.
    Kathy, I know Im very glad I married a salesman..LOL..we are getting a great deal on laying the tile too...
    Thanks everyone!
    Dena

• rick_mcdaniel
    17 years ago

Looks good. Bet you had to go to a BUNCH of tile stores. (smile)

• Dena Walters
    Original Author
    17 years ago

Ok..here's a pic of my living room / entry to my house....on a diagnal...
    And a pic of my transition pieces.....
    Hope they come out clear....
    THANK YOU ALL FOR YOUR INPUT...I LOVE LOVE MY TILE..YET HAVE A HARD TIME W/ THE GRIT FEELING ON MY FEET...NO MATTER HOW MUCH I VACUM AND MOP..ACK....NO WONDER MY CARPET WAS SO NASTY!!!..LOL

{{gwi:1309989}}

{{gwi:1309990}}

{{gwi:1309991}}

Dena

• jolanaweb
    17 years ago

Dena, that looks so good, I bet you and your babies are happy about that

• Dena Walters
    Original Author
    17 years ago

jolana, I have to say clean up w/the puppies is much much easier!...and it does smell better in my house now..LOL
    Dena

• Bev__
    17 years ago

It turned out great!
    I think with kids & pets, tile is the way to go. You can get tile clean....carpet is never fully clean.
    We still have carpet upstairs in the guest bedrooms, I think my upstairs might get used as much as 60 days a year.

• denisew
    17 years ago

We had our carpet replaced with laminate flooring and love our new floors. It really is gross to see what has been under the carpet for so many years - GROSS! Plus, to see the pet stains - YUCK! I think your tile floors are georgous! I like the way the ones in your living room are laid on the diagonal. That way, it isn't as noticable if something isn't exactly straight.

• Dena Walters
    Original Author
    17 years ago

Thank you denise, I so love my tile and whew does it ever smell better in my house..lol
    I totally understand what is laying beneath the surface of carpet...ewwww...
    I actually did every transitioned room a different layout...the living / dining room are diag. this goes into my kitchen which is straight..which leads into the computer room which is again daig along w/the washroom...then into my master bath straight..into my bedroom in the brick pattern back into the hallwasy which are also connected to my liv/dining room on a diag...
    Gottta love it...LOL
    Dena

• paulm_2009
    14 years ago

If you like them, take a look at some of the tiles on offer at StoneSuperstore.co.uk

Here is a link that might be useful: Quality Natural Tiles