Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
natvtxn_gw

Neener, neener, neener, I have the mulch guy

natvtxn
17 years ago

This kid gets his long legs and arms from his grandma.

He was always smaller than the other kids until 2 years ago. He is thrilled that he is taller than I. He is taller (5' 11") than both his parents.

{{gwi:648945}}

Comments (14)

• mikeandbarb
    17 years ago

Kathy, you win. He is a great mulch guy and I'm sure he loves his grandma very much to help you like he is. How many young people do thing's like that anymore, not many.
    My grandson is to young to do that kind of work but he loves my flowers, he'll walk around the yard with me telling which ones he loves, he eight years old, with a big sweet kind heart.
    He's always asking me if he can buy is mom something so he can give it to her and Yes, I cave in.
    My grandpa did the same for me, whenever my parents were in the hospital I'd ask grandpa if he'd buy a plant for me to give them and he always did.

• jolanaweb
    17 years ago

Kathy, what a good grandson you have. He reminds me of Billy in that pic.
    I miss Billy, he was my mulch guy....

Appreciate that boy, I know you do tho

• pjtexgirl
    17 years ago

VERY cool! I want one!! My kid's turning 13 and a bean pole.(5'4" or so) I can't wait until he fills out a bit and can help me outside! MUHAHAHAHAHHA! PJ

• carrie751
    17 years ago

It's all in the training, PJ. Kathy, you lucky lady - what a great tribute to you that he wants to help you. Take care of that young man - he's a keeper.

• jolanaweb
    17 years ago

PJ, you have them start working in the garden and that's when they beef up, lol
    Billy was doing all kinds of things by the time he was 13
    Get that boy hauling mulch, lol

• Dena Walters
    17 years ago

What a great grandson!! How lucky you are Kathy and you have it on camera to boot..yea!!!
    All my grandson can do right now is ask Nanna for cookies, and helps 'dig' the plants up after I plant them...lol
    Send instructions, I'll get mine started right now (he's 2 1/2)
    PJ, my son is 21 now and although tall he is still a bean pole, I keep thinking one day he will fill out...
    Dena

• natvtxn
    Original Author
    17 years ago

This will be the last of his help. He graduates in May. He has already joined the AF, and will begin basic Aug 15.
    This time next year he could be over in the middle east.
    I will miss him terribly.
    The night I was so sick and they had to take me back to the hospital, he sat by my bed. He said grandma, please don't die. There I was scared that I was going to die and I was reassuring my baby that I was not. We have always been very close. When he was 3, he asked. "am I your special boy?" I said, You BET!!" To this day that is something I say when he calls or answers the phone. He is at an age where he can't say I love you. But when I do he says OK.

When he was here when he was about 6, his parents called to see how he was doing. He told them, "I am helping grandma plant aspidistra."..like that was a word he used every day.

This is one of my favorit pics. This is he and his great granddaddy, my dad.

{{gwi:1310027}}

• pjtexgirl
    17 years ago

Dena, you might be right. Only one of my brothers filled out. Maybe he can turn whipcord strong...
    Actually, "the baby"(7 this week I know,I know he's not a baby anymore) is interested in gardening. He'll be the one to help mom.
    That picture of great grandpa and kiddo in the giant hat is sooooo precious!
    You've got a gem there that's gonna be very special. PJ

• Dena Walters
    17 years ago

WE are blessed Kathy for your grandson to enlist to serve our country. God Bless You All. I have 2 nephews over in Iraq right now.
    PJ My next door neighbor has 2 sons. The oldest was always the biggest and tallest until this past year..then wham..the youngest is now his height and weighs more, whereas the oldest got skinner..LOL...go figure!!!
    I absolutely LOVE that picture Kathy, wouldn't that be so cool blown up and made black and white or the sepia and put into one of those bubble frames....Memories!!
    Dena

• MrsBox77
    17 years ago

PJ...I am 5'4" and used to be thin and I hauled mulch and dirt....tell him it will make his arms and legs beef up and the girls will swoon over him...that should get him shoveling. I ended up with Tina Turner legs and well proportioned arms...lol Wish I still looked like that!

Very cute mulch guy natv...much cuter than mine! And how proud you must be that he is going into the service! What a great kid!!!

I have mulch guys that come by 2 - 3 times a year. They do a beautiful job. I figured that they are probably making about $150,000.00 a year. Not bad!

• beachplant
    17 years ago

So do you rent him out? When can I rent him? Heck, I live by a high school, I can get the girls to hang on the fence and swoon if that's all it takes.
    Tally HO!

• pjtexgirl
    17 years ago

Beach, you sound desperate! LOL!
    I thought about telling him about how the girls will swoon but he's a slow starter. Maybe in a couple years it'll catch on. You're tiny Mrs Box! PJ

• MrsBox77
    17 years ago

Between stress from owning our own company, sitting at a computer 10 - 12 hours a day, little or no exercise, eating out because too tired to cook (esp Mexican), being 50 and menopause, semi-neglecting my house and yard work, and paying people to do my house painting/repairs, I "aint" tiny anymore....rofl

• Texasorbust
    17 years ago

Love those pictures, what a cute family you have!