Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
natvtxn_gw

I need to quit...

natvtxn
17 years ago

spending so much time on here. In the back ground I was hearing an ad for Applebee's. They were talking about a salad that had hosta in it. Then it dawned on me they said pasta.

Comments (30)

• jolanaweb
    17 years ago

Yummmmm, hosta
    LOL, that is hilarious.
    Kathy, whether you were on here or not, you would still have plants on the brain, lol
    Don't you go anywhere tho

I came home in a bad mood but felt better after reading GW
    When we run errands, I usually drive, that way if I see a plant that I don't know or just want to see better, I can turn around or slow down. DH won't do that.
    I saw some white winecups on a corner lot that the county had piles of road material on and he wouldn't turn around so I could get some.

jolana

• mikeandbarb
    17 years ago

Barb knows now not to let Kathy come over she might eat me hosta's LOL. They are real pretty young tender leaves right now.

• Jacquelyn8b
    17 years ago

Jolana! (sheesh) Think you'd have that man trained by now.

• carrie751
    17 years ago

Oh, Jac, don't you know by now that some men are not trainable - I speak from experience. Jolana, get out of the house, come up to see me, and I promise to stop wherever you want me to.

• jolanaweb
    17 years ago

Can we sop and eat Hosta, if so we should ask Kathy which one tastes better, lol
    Hosta and tomatoes or Hosta and pasta, lol
    which one Kathy?

• little_dani
    17 years ago

Hosta with tomato, boiled eggs, red onions (sliced thin), and crisp bacon pieces. Drizzle with Vidalia Onion dressing.

YUM!

Janie

• stitches216
    17 years ago

Imagining Angelhair Hosta brings a giggle - "...a spreading, low-growing, shade-loving, drought-tolerant perennial that cats find irresistible to scratch themselves with, when they're not seen eating it after a hard summer rain with clusters of foliage tangled in their whiskers..."

I'd better shut up before our Lab starts eating marigolds! Pasta la vista!

• jolanaweb
    17 years ago

Rap, I want you to know, everytime and I mean everytime I look at my Monterrey Oak I think about you and how you laughed about it bobbin in the whole after planted
    "pasta la vista" lol

• pjtexgirl
    17 years ago

Y'all are such a hoot! (LOL! Do I sound Texan now?) I've read and heard stuff wrong so that it sounded like plants! I'm obsessed!
    The other day we had to stop by the home improvement store,pick up something we needed, then leave right away , so my DH could be on time for work. They had flowers EVERYWHERE!!! It actually popped into my head to have my DH call in LATE! Geez! PJ

• mikeandbarb
    17 years ago

Oh know, I think we need to call Dr. Plant for PJ and Kathy they really have a bad case of plant - o - holic. Doctor Doctor give me the news I got a bad case of loving PLANTS HEHEHEHE.

• pjtexgirl
    17 years ago

OMG! LOL! I remember that song. PJ

• beachplant
    17 years ago

Hosta Pasta. Now I have to add hosta to my plants to steal. It doesn't like me. My sister has a friend that collects hosta and has a ton of really rare ones. Last time I was up there she offered me any I wanted. It was so HARD to say no. Yes,get off the floor, I really said no to a plant. Didn't know I could have just eaten them on the plane. Or would homeland security get me?
    Just do what I do, get on GW while you are at work!
    Tally HO!

• bossjim1
    17 years ago

I have to admit, these hostas, just up, about 3" or 4" tall, do look good enough to eat!
    Jim

• maden_theshade
    17 years ago

Ditto on the DH who gets cranky if I want to stop for wild plants. Last weekend we drove south to my grandma's and darnit if every single county didn't have some beautiful wildflower specimen that would have looked just terrific in my H* Strip. If I had been alone, I would have stopped every 60 miles! hee hee! My four hour trip might have taken 6! Alas, I returned empty-handed. I'll have to search for seeds online. Or borrow jolana's seed snatcher! :-)

• jolanaweb
    17 years ago

Maden, I wish my seed snatcher still lived at home, lol you could borrow him
    That's why Carolann and I have been talking about a GW's roadtrip
    We could stop anywhere we want, lol

• mikeandbarb
    17 years ago

When DH and I drive around looking for garage sales he'll see a sign and ask me if I saw it LOL, no, He knows I'm looking at everyone's gardens hehehe.

• prairiepaintbrush
    17 years ago

Jolana, I'm really sorry about the winecup. Did you get back there yet?

• jolanaweb
    17 years ago

No, it was in Austin. If it was closer, I would've, lol

• little_dani
    17 years ago

DH is not normal. He will stop anywhere I want. He will go back, go around the block, stop to let me go beat on a door to ask "what is that tree?". He usually sees things a long time before I do, I have got lazy and depend on him to do it now.

Lucky Janie, I know.

• sylviatexas1
    17 years ago

maden, here's one lesson I have learned, & it's worth practicing for many reasons:

Keep the keys, keep the checkbook, & always drive!

I just had a "hosts/pasta" experience myself:

As I was glancing through some articles, I saw one that referred to "asparagus syndrome".

Oh no! I love asparagus!

The article was about Asperger's syndrome...

• jolanaweb
    17 years ago

BWAHAHAHAHA, Sylvia, I have new bulbs in my house, come see, lol

Janie, you are lucky, I used to be, now... sigh

• beachplant
    17 years ago

Durst got off on murder charges, claimed he had Asperger's syndrome. He lived and committed the murder 4 blocks from my house! I used to see him and his victim, Black in the hood, never together.
    Tally HO!

• pjtexgirl
    17 years ago

Beach,Drust's excuse for murder doesn't hold any water! Roe(7) knows the difference between right and wrong(my youngest has Asperger's). PJ

• rick_mcdaniel
    17 years ago

Spent 3 days in the garden, so I guess I didn't spend much time here. A few thousand of those available plants went away, and seeds and other plants got planted.

Only about a year of work away from having everything done, I need to do. LOL.

• stitches216
    17 years ago

Jolana, you got me to laughing non-stop all over again by reminding me of your bobbing tree! With the addition of asparagus syndrome, I think I'm sweating harder indoors from laughing than I was sweating earlier outside from digging! What a fun gang! This much fun should be illegal!

Rick did you get some volunteer melampodiums from last year's? The mel gods have blessed us...

• maden_theshade
    17 years ago

OH! A GW Road Trip! That would be fantastic! Lucky Janie - do you think your DH would drive? He could spot plants for us too! And Jolana can bring her seed snatcher! I'll bring the Whataburger cups and a trowel!

• carrie751
    17 years ago

Oh, maden the shade, the plants we snatch will need larger containers than Whataburger cups.

• pjtexgirl
    17 years ago

Dang! She's bringing a backhoe! LOL!PJ

• rick_mcdaniel
    17 years ago

Naw. I put some snapdragons in, late in the fall, and that disruption probably prevented any volunteer melampodiums.

Oh well. At least I got all but one batch of blue bell seed in before the rain. Gotta get that last vial in sometime this week, though. Hope this works.

Got sooooooo much planting to do over the next two weeks. (sigh)

• denisew
    17 years ago

I turn the sound off so don't have to listen to any of the ads or the boings or beeps or the Microsoft theme song when my pc boots up. Ha!