my mother said when i was a wee lass, i used to eat

toast for every meal, untill my father got frustrated

with buying two loaves of bread a day

i love toast

tesa

Comments (7)

• rick_mcdaniel
    15 years ago

That's interesting, but your addiction may be your toppings, and not your toast. Most have sugar.(smile)

• roselee z8b S.W. Texas
    15 years ago

I used to be that way -- especially about toast, and also breads in general. Love that toast and honey, or biscuits and honey!

But it is truly a sort of addiction because you get a little high from a boost of adrenaline that is pumped out because of an allergy to wheat. I'd notice my heart pumping a little faster a few minutes after eating it.

I loved it so much that I even bought 100 lbs sacks of whole grain wheat through the Mormons, ground it, and made my own bread. Delish! And I thought I was doing a good thing being it was whole grain and all.

Then the allergy became full blown, causing skin rashes, bloating, and extreme fatigue so I had to cut it out entirely. It seems wheat tends to promote the over growth of yeast in the large intestines, you know how wheat and yeast love each other, and when the yeast dies off it leaves toxins which make you feel tired and totally exhausted of energy.

I might occasionally consume half a roll when we eat out, but usually get a flaky red spot on my face near my eyebrows a few days later.

I feel so much better now that I don't eat wheat that I don't miss it or even desire it.

Sugar, as mentioned above, and even much honey, is not that great for the health of the body either. I now use agave syrup for the little sweetener I think I need.

• tesa001
    Original Author
    15 years ago

i have a friend who doesn't eat bread/wheat

she's been off the stuff for years, and i gotta
    tell ya, i don't know how she does it, i'm not
    sure i'm that strong

funny thing, i totally forgot to buy bread today
    when i was at the grocery store, OH NO no toast
    tonight!!

maby i can have crackers and jam

LOL

tesa

• justintx
    15 years ago

roselee
    dang, and I thought my wife's heart was doing that because I walked into the room.
    ;-(

• roselee z8b S.W. Texas
    15 years ago

In your case there's no doubt that the "pittie pat - pittie pat" is just for you!!!!!

Only remember and never forget: There will never be a problem with incompatability as long as you have income and she's pat-able :-)

• carrie751
    15 years ago

Amen to that one, Roselee..... (grin)!!!
    NOW, remember that, JD !!

• justintx
    15 years ago

yes, ma'am(s)!

J.D.