Sweet Sally sent him to me.

Isn't he beautiful?

Thank you, Sally

{{gwi:1310052}}

{{gwi:1310054}}

Comments (37)

• pjtexgirl
    17 years ago

That looks like a goat that wont eat your roses. I like that goat! I like how the picture captures a goat's kind of goofy rectangle eyed look. LOL!PJ

• jolanaweb
    Original Author
    17 years ago

PJ, please!! Don't speak about my beautiful goat that way.
    He has angelic eyes and he only eats native weeds. I'm bringing him when I visit you again, lol
    jolana

• pjtexgirl
    17 years ago

I'm sorry! First Zitro wants to kick my butt and now you're gonna let goofy-lookin there eat all my plants. I think I'm gonna cry now. LOL!PJ

• little_dani
    17 years ago

I may have told y'all this story before. Stop me if you have already heard it.

My DH sent me to the 'sale' one time, to buy a goat. Cabrito. He figured to sell it to the Mexican guys who worked on the job, (who were gonna SLAUGHTER it!).

So, I went and bought a pretty little girl goat. DH took one look at her and promptly named her 'Delila', and that was the end of the line for her. She now had a home.

She was a bad goat. She was older than my baby orphan sheep, and she led them around, up the sheer cliff across the creek and off the property, down the road, and Lord knows where they would have wound up- anyway, I digress.

She was a bad influence. She ate everything. She got on the porch. She cost us a million $$ for fences that wouldn't hold her anyway.

But DH loved that goat. And SHE lived happily ever after until I moved from the farm, back to civilization. DH gave her to his buddy, who now has a bunch of baby goats.

I can't believe they would want to pass those genes down to poor little baby goats.

Jolana, your goat has that same look in it's eyes.

Janie

• jolanaweb
    Original Author
    17 years ago

I may have told y'all this story before. Stop me if you have already heard it. LMBO
    Poor Delila, she just wanted to be understood, lol
    She just wanted to cut everything down, like Samson's hair

After listening to everyone, we have decided to get Barbado sheep, they were everywhere until we wanted them.
    The weather has been so nasty, I'm glad we haven't found any yet. I wouldn't want to bring them home to this. I want it to look like heaven for them and we can be out and they can get to know us

I don't see that look he looks like an angel
    I think I'm in trouble tho, If I have already fell for a goat on a card , ugh

• sally2_gw
    17 years ago

I just couldn't help myself when I saw that card, and Jolana had posted about getting a goat. Glad you enjoyed the card. The nice thing about him is that he doesn't have to be fed!

Sally

• carrie751
    17 years ago

I still think you need donkeys, Jolana !!! Not nearly as stinky ---LOL.

• jolanaweb
    Original Author
    17 years ago

Sally, it is too cute, can you blieve that PJ and Janie were talking bad about that angel, lol

Carrie, we are but we can't find any. I'm not paying big bucks for them, lol
    The perfect ones will come along, I just have to try and be patient, lol

• carrie751
    17 years ago

There is always Orion !!!!!

• Texasorbust
    17 years ago

aawwwwwwwwwwwt.....thought you really had a goat! Get sheep, goat and a donkey! Lawnmowers, brush removers and a cute composter.

• natvtxn
    17 years ago

First you need a bridge and trolls.

• jolanaweb
    Original Author
    17 years ago

LOL, Kathy we were talking about a bridge for the creek because the path across the creek is almost gone. I can get my bad neighbors for the trolls.
    BTW, new horse and 2 dogs new dogs over there.
    Remember when I asked if I could shovel some of their horse manure and they said NO, the heavy rain washed a bunch through the fence, hehehehehe

• natvtxn
    17 years ago

They may think their ---- doesn't stink, but they don't know it floats.
    I guess they are still jerks.

• jolanaweb
    Original Author
    17 years ago

LOL
    Oh yeah, they are bigger jerks than before.

• pjtexgirl
    17 years ago

Jolana,That woman is nutsos! She likes to live in ------!What was she saving it for? The ambiance? I thought I had problems.LOL!PJ

• carrie751
    17 years ago

Boy, I wish you lived closer. You could shovel all the donkey poop you could ever use - heck, I would even furnish the shovel.

• jolanaweb
    Original Author
    17 years ago

PJ, you remember me asking last year or before, lol
    WACKO

Carrie, you are so generous, saving me from toting my own shovel.

• sally2_gw
    17 years ago

I've never known anyone with horses that said no to anyone wanting to shovel their s..... Those people must definately be nuts!

Sally

• jolanaweb
    Original Author
    17 years ago

Sally one of these days when I can type for a day straight I can tell you *some* of what they have done

• carrie751
    17 years ago

I think they are "certifiable" myself --- never understand that kind of selfish behavior to say nothing of all the poor animals they hoard.

• sally2_gw
    17 years ago

Wow. How unfortunate to live next to people like that.

Sally

• beachplant
    17 years ago

So not only are we enabling with plants we have to add goats, donkeys, bridges and trolls to the list? My ex was a troll, you can have him! Heck, I bet you can get a LOT of trolls!!
    Tally HO!

• jolanaweb
    Original Author
    17 years ago

Yep, plant and farm animal enabling = LOVE

troll exes = Lessons Learned, hopefully

• little_dani
    17 years ago

All my exs were trolls, but ALL my exs were NOT from TEXAS!

YEA!

Janie

• prairiepaintbrush
    17 years ago

May all evil and/or just plain horrid neighbors one day soon find themselves living all together in a nice neighborhood covered with bermuda, monkeygrass, and bradford pear.

• jolanaweb
    Original Author
    17 years ago

with a side of...goathead stickers, bur clover and poison ivy

• sally2_gw
    17 years ago

Oh, PPB, that just might be too terrible for even the worst offenders.

Jolana, don't even mention goathead stickers. I have terrible memories of those.

Sally

• pjtexgirl
    17 years ago

Me too! OWWWWWW! Goat heads are the WORST besides chiggers. At least the GH's don't crawl up your legs.PJ

• MrsBox77
    17 years ago

MY FIL lost a Nanny who had just had twin kids. He brought them home to be bottle fed. They had their normal goat bleat..when they were playing or following the dogs around...but when it was time to eat, it was a VERY distinct "MAAAA" "MAAAA" calling my MIL to come feed them.

Oh..and they were "Lap" goats. If you were outside, they wanted in your lap.

• jolanaweb
    Original Author
    17 years ago

Awww, that is so sad about the nanny, but really neat that they were lap goats, lol

• sally2_gw
    17 years ago

Lap goats? Mrs. Box, you don't spoil your animals, do you? I sure wish I could see a picture of you with a goat on your lap!

Sally

• mikeandbarb
    17 years ago

Anyone watch Dirty Jobs?
    Well, let me tell ya after I seen the one with goats I thought of this thread and I will never think cute sweet or loveable again about a goat. One of the males was drinking it's pee. That was just to much for me Gross..

• bossjim1
    17 years ago

He was just trying to get roses to grow out of his ears.
    Jim

• carrie751
    17 years ago

Good one, Jim - made me laugh !!!!

• jolanaweb
    Original Author
    17 years ago

HAHAHAHA, yeah Barb, quit making fun of my angelic goat with roses growing out of it's ears, lol
    What a visual

• natvtxn
    17 years ago

hahahaha! Very good, Jim.

• MrsBox77
    17 years ago

Sally.....I think there were a few pics taken when we had the twins, but Lord knows where they are. FIL passed away 10 mos ago (he was 87) and Momma has boxed everything up to move. They would be at her house if there are any in existence. The twins were born about 20 years ago.

Bless her heart, she always hated that house (52 years!) and she cannot get out of there fast enough. She is so cute!