Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
beachplant

Home Depot

beachplant
17 years ago

The Home Depot in Galveston has the greatest planters and pots on sale for 1/2 price or less. I needed some pots for the amorphs and found HUGE ones at $7.50-$25.00 each. They have those lightweight ones, urns, bean pots, etc. Check your local stores! I may go back tomorrow!

Tally HO!!

Comments (11)

• carrie751
    17 years ago

Thanks, Tally - I need these right now.

• jolanaweb
    17 years ago

Tally, the nearest HD never has good stuff on sale.
    One day they will get a good garden manager, lol

• remuda1
    17 years ago

Our HD S*cks. I used to drive to the HD in a neighboring town instead of going to this one. Now we have a Lowes so I go there. I did go to HD yesterday to get the new SunPatiens (they're the only ones carrying them for the first year) and looked at the containers. They were having a Yellow Tag sale on SELECT pots. I think there were two on sale........

Kristi

• bossjim1
    17 years ago

Kristi, at the Lowe's I go to, on about Tues., they will have a lot of plants on the 75% OFF table. I think after the weekend, they remove all plants with faded blooms or that the sprinkler missed. I get some real bargains. Some pretty nice perennials for as little as a quarter a pot.
    Jim

• melvalena
    17 years ago

I love shopping Lowe's "dead rack"!!!

You can find a lot of really good deals if you know what you're doing.

• remuda1
    17 years ago

Thanks Jim :). Last year I scored my first balloon flowers off of the half dead plant rack at Lowes. I LOVED them.....until my lab dug them up....twice. I couldn't be mad at her. It was hot, and they cost only pennies :).

Kristi

• denisew
    17 years ago

Does Lowe's do this every Tuesday? And, does every Lowe's do this? Maybe I should go there this Tuesday to check out what they have on sale. I did get a couple bottles of fish emulsion during the winter for under $2 a bottle - big bottles too!

• bossjim1
    17 years ago

Denise, I'm just kinda guessing at Tuesday. It just seems that about that time of the week, their 75% off bins fill up. Another Lowe's that I go to, doesn't have a 75% off table at all. Instead, they just mark a price on the plants. Sometimes as low as .25 or .50 cents, so I guess each nursery manager sets his own system.
    Jim

• honeybunny2 Fox
    17 years ago

Jim, have you ever gotten a $5 cart sale at Lowes? I get them all the time. Last Sunday, I got one, over $380 worth of plants for $5. There are 2 Lowes that offer them. Another Lowes, just marks them down to $.10 , $.25 or $.50 a plant, another marks them down either 50% or 75% off, I buy way too many plants. The Lowes in Aransas has $5 cart sales, but they usually come from the mark down tables, and are not in as good shape. Our Home Depot, will not mark down anything. Barbra,

• bossjim1
    17 years ago

Barbra, I have seen those 7 shelf carts loaded with plants for $10, here, but they never had anything on them that I wanted. Home Depot must take all plants in on consignment, because they throw all the dry or faded plants away.
    Jim

• remuda1
    17 years ago

Well, I needed mulch this morning so off to Lowes I went. They had two 7 shelf racks marked 75% off. These plants aren't too bad cause they were just beat up by the rains. The ones you see later on that have been scorched and not watered can be a little more iffy. I know it's hard to believe, but there was nothing I wanted on either of the racks :).

Kristi