Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
zitro_joe

These are different days...

zitro_joe
17 years ago

After I snagged this picture she ran to me, grabbed the camera and turned it around to see the picture. She said "Yes Daddy" -What the heck? She was giving me her seal of approval. SHE'S TWO! How does she know that to do that...

The first technical marvel I remember was the electric keypad on our TV.

Whenever I share an Abigail, or Elijah story, you guys have similar stories as well. Please share, I find them very interesting.

Good day!

ZJoe

Comments (17)

• sylviatexas1
    17 years ago

That is one beautiful picture!

• pjtexgirl
    17 years ago

That is a gorgeous pic.Either she's copying mommy(if mommy checks out your pics before asking for a new one like I do) OR you're two yr old is a very tiny MIT student in the making OR maybe both! PJ

• zitro_joe
    Original Author
    17 years ago

she picked it up from somewhere...

Mommy doesnt care to see the pictures, I am usually taking them

• pjtexgirl
    17 years ago

MIT all the way dad! LOL! I love parents enthusiasm!!!PJ

• Texasorbust
    17 years ago

I get the biggest kick out of you and that little doll baby of yours. Sure are wrapped around that pinky Daddio.
    Seems that photography talent is inherited and she was just making sure you had the right lighting and angle!

=)

• zitro_joe
    Original Author
    17 years ago

Wrapped around the pinkie? Hmm, I didn't think it was that obvious.

Erin, Abigail and Elijah were out of town this week so I have to keep myself busy, that way I didn't think about them too much. Being a parent is one of the best feelings I have ever had.

ZJoe

• jolanaweb
    17 years ago

Hmm, I didn't think it was that obvious
    What????? LOL

• pjtexgirl
    17 years ago

I'm with you Jolana and Susan.PJ

• bev1951
    17 years ago

" Being a parent is one of the best feelings I have ever had."
    That made me cry. God bless You.

• rick_mcdaniel
    17 years ago

Guess I don't relate. I pre date TV.

• zitro_joe
    Original Author
    17 years ago

Rick, it does not have to be associated with TV to relate.

Thanks bev!

ZJoe

• Dena Walters
    17 years ago

Yep I said being a mommy was the best thing...that is until they turned into aliens around 16 yrs old..LOL
    I still love 'em but man....they dont' always make it easy..LOL
    What a beautiful beautiful girl..and I love it with the puppy!
    Dena

• rick_mcdaniel
    17 years ago

Well, I think fur babies are easier. They are less finicky about what they eat, they go to bed when told, they are easily entertained, they don't demand electronic stuff, they don't get ornery as they grow, and they don't come back home, after they have screwed up their lives.

Not only that, but baby sitters are way easier, too. (smile)

• denisew
    17 years ago

I think she copies her daddy in wanting to see her picture. She sees you checking out the picture on your camera, so she has to look at it too. Their little brains are like sponges - they absorb everything they see and hear and when you think they didn't listen to you or see something you did . . . Wham! out of the blue they're doing or saying something amazing!

• maden_theshade
    17 years ago

"Well, I think fur babies are easier. They are less finicky about what they eat, they go to bed when told, they are easily entertained, they don't demand electronic stuff, they don't get ornery as they grow, and they don't come back home, after they have screwed up their lives. "

Well, I guess I'm in trouble if the fur babies are easier! Because my fur babies, who are *not* spoiled, wake me up at night when the door needs to be opened, appreciate their kitty video, and get a little cranky and demanding sometimes...those older ones especially! lol love 'em too much to mind!

• mikeandbarb
    17 years ago

Joe, you always take beautiful pictures. That one there is great, your daughter is so cute.
    Have you heard the country song Watching you?
    She's watching everything you do, kid's are good like that they also hear everything, especially thing's you don't want them to hear and then catch you out somewhere in public or around grandmas or grandpas then say a bad word they heard LOL.
    My dear grand daughter said H***'s bells one day and I asked my daughter where she heard that. Well, one day I caught myself saying H***'s bells and I could have died when I realized my grand daughter learned it from me. I can tell you I cleaned up my act fast and confessed to my daughter with apologies.
    This one is about me when I was very young around 3. If I saw a woman with a big tummy I would ask why it was big, my dad came up with an answer. He told me that it was big because she'd eaten green banana's. Well, next time my mom and I was at the laundry mat there was a pregnant woman there and I went up to the woman and told her (I know what you've been doing) LOL.

• lindseyrose
    17 years ago

LOL Barb, that's hilarious!!

ZJoe--that's a great picture of your darling girl and her dog. My little boy is not quite 2 and he knows how to get into the computer chair, pull out the keyboard drawer, reach for the mouse, and start clicking to beat the band. By the time I make it back into the room (he usually does this while I'm cooking or otherwise tied up with something), he has rearranged the desktop completely! This morning he somehow dragged that little floating menu on the bottom of the screen to the left side! Ha! Usually I don't even know how to fix it all!