Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
little_dani

Y'all are invited to our plant sale!

little_dani
16 years ago

I wish y'all would all come to our Plant Sale.

We are the Jackson County Master Gardeners, putting on our Spring Plant Sale, April 21, 2007, at the Jackson County Service Building, 411 N. Wells, Edna, Texas.

We have so many nice plants, almost all perennials, almost all in 1 gallon pots or larger. Lots of things for $1.00 too. Also, birdhouses, planted teacups, seeds, and tire planters, plus other things in the Garden Store.

We also are going to have an information table, to answer questions, and to alert the public, eer.......make that tell the public about the Master Gardeners and what we do.

If you do get to come, look me up. I am a short fat lady, with blond hair (natural blond, too), and glasses, with a big voice (I think they meant I was loud, but they said big voice.....)

I would LOVE to see you!

Janie

Comments (17)

• mikeandbarb
    16 years ago

I wish I could go but I live to far :(

• pjtexgirl
    16 years ago

I'm in the same boat as barb. *sigh* I miss the ocean.I really wish I could go too.
    BTW, girlie,girl...if you're going for "big voice" (is that what they're calling my personality now?)"rubenesque" works too! :^) PJ

• little_dani
    Original Author
    16 years ago

I thought 'rubenesque' was a nice word for 'fat'. Or is that what you mean? LOLOLOL

I have tried to lose weight for the occasions that happen in my life, and find that I get so stressed that I am eating with both hands. It is a curse, but I know lot of other people in the same boat.

Oh, well, no excuses.

Y'all come on, we will do plant sale Saturday, Wildflower tour Sunday, and I will take you to the coast for Crab and Flounders for supper. It will be fun.

Janie

• lindseyrose
    16 years ago

Janie--wish I could come. Sounds really fun! have a great weekend!
    Lindsey

• beachplant
    16 years ago

Fat,er, rubenesque women have fewer fractured hips. Bones are thicker and therefore tougher.
    It ain't a roll, it's my flap for plastic surgery.

And I think I'll start saying I have a "big voice" too.

buy me some plants, I have to work and it's beach party this weekend. I'm missing the Mercer trade too!!
    Tally HO!
    OK, now that we are all depressed 'cause we are missing Janies sale we have justification for going to the nurseries! We need to be cheered up!
    Works for me. Plant-aholics we have been enabled.

• mikeandbarb
    16 years ago

I got my fix twice this week LOL, got a beautiful big Boston fern from wally world. Then yesterday my car dragged me to Green Mama's, darn car knows how to get there all on it's own now. Well, since I was there anyway I picked up hens and chicks and a donkey tail LOL.

• carolann_z8
    16 years ago

Janie, I really would like to come. Maybe if I know far ahead of time then I could drive down to the fall swap with a few GWers.

Do you have a fall sale?

I love crab and would like to see the ocean and hang out with you.

• jolanaweb
    16 years ago

Barb, how cool you got a barnyard garden, LOL
    I hope you didn't get hurt very bad, getting drug by a car must have been scary, lol
    Janie, yeah, next time tell us sooner and we will come for sure
    Hope y'all have a GREAT sale, I know you will
    jolana

• pjtexgirl
    16 years ago

Barb got drug by her car to pick up chicks(and hens).Ug! that was so dorky! LOL! PJ

• jolanaweb
    16 years ago

See!!! Like yours are better, LMBO

• carrie751
    16 years ago

Play nice, girls, or you will have to kiss and make up----ughhhhh!!!!

• little_dani
    Original Author
    16 years ago

O.K. I am telling you now, our next sale is in the fall. Not sure when yet, just in the fall is all I know right now.

Our sale was fantastic, and we sold everything! And I do mean EVERYTHING! It was anazing! And the most amazing part was that we sold it all by 10:30am. We didn't open until 8:00!

I will post a picture or two later.

Janie

• jolanaweb
    16 years ago

Janie, that's fantastic.
    Way to go girl, what's the coolest plant y'all had???

• little_dani
    Original Author
    16 years ago

I am not sure what y'all would consider cool.

We had a lot of my hollyhocks for sale. Lots of Staghorn ferns, antlers ferns, and foxtail ferns.

We had Really cool Texas feather grass, and Variegated Japanese Iris. Grasses like 'Cabaret'.

Huge double bougainvilla, in red and fuscia. Next year, we will have orange!

We had yellow firecrackers, yellow yuccas and red yuccas. Jasmines of all sorts, plumbago, esperanza, duranta. Duranta 'Cuban Gold', 'Gold Mound', and Variegated Duranta.

Red blooming Jatropha, and pink firespikes. Cleradendron 'Butterfly Blue', Hibiscus 'Pink Wave', Yesterday, today and tomorrow.

Salvia's. Natal Plum, Gingers of all sorts. Bottlebrush. Datura, purple Brugs, Variegated Abutilon, white shrimp plant, Snow on the Mountain. Buckeyes, fancy foliage cannas.......

and on and on.

It was a great sale. We are already working on the next one.

Janie

• ltcollins1949
    16 years ago

Hey Janie!

Glad to hear that your MG plant sale went good for you all. I forwarded it to Ernie at the Extension Office, and she sent it out to all of our Aransas/San Patricio MG's.

BTW, just to let you know that we are having our combined Fall Plant Sale and Hidden Gardens Tour on Saturday, September 29, 2007. Hopefully, it won't be the same weekend that you all decide to have your plant sale, but if you do, that's OK. After all, we are about 1 hours 20 minutes further down the coast from Edna.

Herbs are the first things that go at our plant sales. At our Spring Plant Sale, March 17, we opened the gates at 9:00 a.m., and by 10:00 or so, almost all of the 57 flats of 4" potted herbs were gone. We order our herbs from Don Cox down in Brownsville. His wife, Debbie, is past president of the Cameron County MG's. Anyway, he does wonderful on herbs. We have never been disappointed. If you are interested in getting his telephone number, etc., just let me know and I'll email it to you.

Do you have a propagation committee for the MG's? We do, and they are already busy getting plants propagated for the fall sale. It really helps by allowing us to make more money.

• carolann_z8
    16 years ago

Janie, what a sale. You sure had some great plants. This is one I really want to go to. You need to arrange a pre-sale for GWers. LOL

Jolana, we need to meet up and go to it.

Linda, I don't know if I could take the tension. It sounds like people grab plants and buy them up really fast. I'd get stomped while trying to make up my feeble mind. LOL It would be worth it though.

• little_dani
    Original Author
    16 years ago

You have to get a wagon and throw plants in it as fast as everyone else does.

Wagons are sacred, and you are not to take plants from a wagon. heheehe.

I think our Fall sale will be in October, just because Rockport is going to have theirs the last of September. I want to go there!

Janie

Sponsored
Pierre Jean-Baptiste Interiors
Average rating: 4.8 out of 5 stars76 Reviews
DC Area's Award-Winning Interior Designer | 12x Best of Houzz