Return to the Texas Gardening Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Dancing Horse

Posted by txgardenlady Z8B in Texas (My Page) on
Thu, Apr 12, 07 at 10:16

I know nothing about horses, but a watched for a bit, and realized the horse is listening to the music. I love how he/she swishes her tail.

Here is a link that might be useful: Dancing Horse

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Dancing Horse

WOW! WHAT A SHOW!!!

I almost expected her to do a break dance! You could see that she was keeping time to the music.

How do they train horses to do that?

Thanks for posting this.

Janie

o

Yup. Show horses do that stuff.

I sorta prefer the ones that will take you to the barn, while you catch a couple of Z's, myself. (grin)

o

Amazing! I didn't know Dressage was like that. I didn't know they got that complicated with their horses. That horse was just gorgeous.I also envy the hell outta that kid! PJ

o

The announcers didn't seem to think that was normal either. I wonder what the other horses did.

o

I loved that, I know people that can't dance that well.
jolana

o

Thank you for showing us the site. I love horses. I had them when I was young and well, I lived on my pony. If I could have I would have slept with her LOL. Everyday after school I'd race home to ride my pony. Even at 12 my pony was more important than boy's.
We boarded our horses at a place that had a stallion, boy was he mean. I was told to stay far away from him. Our horses stall was right next to the stallions and one day I got a little to close and he reached out trying to bite me. He was an albino. Get this his name was babie LOL, his was huge about 16 hands or so.

o

That was fantastic! I have never seen a horse dance before. He dances much better than me!

o

That was awesome. I had seen dressage before, but nothing like this horse. Wonderful! Also the rider was fantastic!

o

The kicker is, this horse didn't win. Below is the link for the winner.

The announcers talking during the winner's dressage performance say the music is composed and choreographed to fit the footfalls of the horse.

Here is a link that might be useful: Anky Wins

o

I watched Anky yesterday too, but I still think the first one was better.

There are several others, including a girl riding no hands, and doing some kind of dancy thing, while the horse does it's own dance. LOL

Janie

o

I think the first one was better too. Probably some politics involved here(common in any show ring) Still, they are both incredible! PJ

o

I think Politics might have been involved, but the first one did have better photography which might have swayed me a little. The first one definitely had more personality, and was younger. Anky's horse was older and very controlled in a perfect way.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Texas Gardening Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here