Return to the Texas Gardening Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Another Ford recall.

Posted by rick_mcdaniel Lewisville, TX (My Page) on
Wed, Apr 11, 07 at 10:24

Yet again, another recall of Ford Escape cars, for anti-lock brake potential of spontaneous combustion.

Their propensity for car fires, goes all the way back to the Pinto. People have even lost their homes to these kinds of vehicle fires, where the fire started while the car was parked in a garage or carport. (My next door neighbor lost his car to such a fire, at 2 am, while the car was parked on the street in front of his house.)

Be aware and be safe.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Another Ford recall.

I have what's considered(according to my research at the time) one of the best pick ups on the market. A Toyota Tundra V-8. I just took it in on a volunteer recall because the ball joint could give causing what looked to be catastrophic failure(truck goes out from under you!) It's important to follow recalls on any vehicle you have.

o

I have been driving Ford diesel trucks since 1985. I am now on my third one. I have never had to take one back to the dealer for anything. A-N-Y-T-H-I-N-G!
Jim

o

I bought a used Ford - is it all fords?

o

We are a Ford family, and have had no trouble whatsoever with either truck or car.

o

• Posted by bev__ z7/8 TX (My Page) on
    Thu, Apr 12, 07 at 2:26

We used to be a Chevy/GM family (a couple Nisson's too). A few years ago we bought our first 2 Fords and they have been great vehicles. Our Expedition has had 1 recall and our Ranger Edge hasn't had any.

o

Ford Escape....specifically, on this recall.

The Expedition was subject to the most critical recall ever, as it was one of the models that was subject to spontaneous combustion.....even when parked.....and was extremely dangerous if garaged.

o

Well, Rick, there you have it ---- most of us park our plants in the garage --- not our cars. LOL

o

Good idea. Huge waste of space to park a car in the house. (smile)

o

I confess I park both car and truck in the garage. That way they can get destroyed by TX-sized hail while sitting in a parking lot instead. :^P PJ

o

If I am a)upset b)angry c)frustrated d)having a hot flash...excuse me..power surge e) going thru one of the other 42 symptoms of menopause (look it up).......

I go to the garage. Open the door. Back out my Mustang convertible....put the top down......back down the driveway... and hit it!!!

10 min... 3 or 4 sharp corners....one small stretch of going fast....all is well with the world.

I will never go back to a hardtop or granny car.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Texas Gardening Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here