Return to the Texas Gardening Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Need help finding a carpenter or cabinet person

Posted by mikeandbarb z8 D/FW (jetman1979@aol.com) on
Thu, Apr 9, 09 at 11:19

Does anyone know of someone reliable for a small remodel job. I'm needing a mircohood put in but there is a micorwave cabinet in right now that will not work for the new one. Seams I'm having the worst of luck finding good workers or someone that will take on a small job.
I live in Trophy Club that's near Dallas, Keller, N Richland Hills.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Need help finding a carpenter or cabinet person

Hi Barb, I don't know about your area but we and several friends have found people more than willing to work on craigslist, you just have to really check references

o

Tough to find. We met a cabinetmaker at breakfast, in a local restaurant, and when we tried to get him to come see what we wanted done, had to give it up as an impossible task.

We finally got it done as an extra to some repairs due to a rupture in a dishwasher drain line. We used Lancaster remodeling, on a referral from our insurance company, after we couldn't find anyone on our own.

We just paid them separately for the part that wasn't being paid by insurance. Their people were all good, whether cabinets, sheetrock, or painting. They coordinated everyone, and it worked out fine.

o

Rick do you have the name and number to the person that did the work for you?

Trophy Club is not very far from you so I would think they'd do work here.

Thanks, Barb

o

My wife probably has it somewhere. I will check, and let you know.

o

A guy that we used to go to church with does custom cabinets. He's down in Burleson and I'm not sure how busy he is right now. Email me if you want his name and number.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Texas Gardening Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here