Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
denisew03

? about America the Beautiful Fund - Free Seeds

denisew
11 years ago

I am a member of the Allen Garden Club and we have ordered the "free seeds" from America the Beautiful Fund for several years now. We use them to give away at events such as Arbor Day, EarthFest, spring garden tours, etc.

This year we mailed our order to the address as in the past and it came back as undeliverable. So, I looked up the organization to see if there was a new address for them using their phone number in the "reverse phone search" on whitepages.com. I found a new address for this organization on University Dr. that was still in Washington, DC. So, I got a new envelope and mailed the order to them around mid-February. Usually, it takes about eight weeks to receive the seeds, but I still haven't received them. I called the phone number and it went to their voice mail that said, "Thank you for calling America the Beautiful Fund. Please leave your name and phone number and we'll call you right back. If you are calling about your seed order, please also leave your zip code so we can look up the status of your order." Then it beeped and a message said that their voice mailbox is full.

I have my garden club treasurer checking to see if the check was cashed. But, in the meantime, I was wondering if anyone else out there has dealt with this organization and not received their seed order. I know it sounds kind of "fishy" that their mailbox is full. Please let me know if you have dealt with this group. Thanks! We are really hoping to have the seeds in time for our spring garden tour on June 1.

Comments (5)