Return to the Texas Gardening Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Any gourd growers?

Posted by rick_mcdaniel Lewisville, TX (My Page) on
Fri, Apr 13, 07 at 12:02

I don't have the room to grow them, but if anyone does, and can part with some, when they are ready, I use them for arts and crafts.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Any gourd growers?

RICK, you are a week too late, I've grown them every year but this one. I just traded 3 bushels for a few plants.
I have some seed if you want them. Email your address if you do. It's still not too late ans they don't take up that much room on teepees and you can cut some of and the rest will get bigger, at least that's what I've done in the past
jolana

o

Ah, alas the yard is just too small for them. (Big city postage stamp, you know?)

Thanks, for the offer though. Sorry I missed out on the bushels. Oh well. Story of my life.

o

Well, now that I know you want them for...whatever
I'll do them next year. There is a lady at the Bastrop Farmer's market that has them every weekend. Want me to check it out?

o

Rick, email me, I may have a couple from last year!!!

o
Thanks carrie.

Okedoke, thanks Carrie.

Jolana, I hadn't looked at the Farmers Market, because it is 28 miles from my house!

Now that I think about it, I can look there for the next season's crop. Thanks. (Cheaper than shipping from Ohio.)

o

Uh, yeah
Okay now we need to know what are you going to do with them, lol

o

Native arts and crafts, of course. Trying to make something that will rival the ones seen in ars and crafts shows at high prices, without paying the high prices. (smile)

The results will be a while, though.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Texas Gardening Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here