Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
natvtxn_gw

Got Rain?

natvtxn
17 years ago

It got very dark, the lightning flashed, the thunder rolled and the clouds let us have it. Man I thought I was going to have to email Noah. The power was off for about 4 hours.

It is supposed to be almost that bad tonight and tommorrow.

Comments (10)

• bev1951
    17 years ago

yep, it rained all yesterday afternoon & then off & on thru the night ( 4am feeding time ) & it's raining again now. I'm not complaining, this is great for the seedlings the snails left me. Only bad thing is they're predicting hail for tonight Yuck. At least I still have my tomato plants in a protected area. Tomorrow I hope it stays dry long enough to have a TT baseball game. Then it can rain more. My brother in Denver called to tell me they got a couple of feet of snow a few days ago. They can keep it !!! Bev

• melvalena
    17 years ago

I've been watching and waiting--we got some spit after grandson and I grabbed all the cushions off the patio furniture early this morning but that was it.

Pretty day though. In between household chores I've been able to get some stuff moved in the garden, set the birdbath fountain back in place and pull up a bunch of volunteer 4 o'clocks.

Hopefully we'll get our rain tonight, to help those newly transplanted plants make the adjustment.

• Dena Walters
    17 years ago

It started on the way home for me, in rush hour traffic..not a really hard rain..but heck it can sprinkle and everyone has to drive about 2mph..ack!!! Which means over an hour drive home, I drive 52 miles one way every day...not sure if its stupidity or dedication...Im leaning towards the 1st one...
    But as ya'll said..my plants are loving it!
    Just went up to my local garden center this weekend and bought 2 more flats of flowers...with my GS..he is soo funny, he didn't want the flowers, he wanted the wagon, took a whole lot of briberary to convince him to leave the wagon...lol
    bev, tell your brother to keep that snow..ewww..wouldn't that be horrible to still have snow??...I cannot even imagine.
    Fixin to go back out and sit on the back porch and watch the rain..I love the smell of rain!
    Ya'll keep dry and safe!
    Dena
    T

• pjtexgirl
    17 years ago

Clouded over but no rain. I edged,mowed,weeded and tractored. I'm putting my new plants in the ground tommorrow. PJ

• mikeandbarb
    17 years ago

No rain here yet, though we did have a spit here and a spit there. Supposed to be here later tonight just hope it doesn't hail.
    I think we all agree that Bev's DB can keep his snow, although I do love Colorado it is a beautiful state.

• jolanaweb
    16 years ago

Rained all day here but I am not complaining, lol

• bo_berrin
    16 years ago

Every time I woke up during the night, it was pouring a good, steady rain. Rained pretty good on and off throughout the day today, giving me just enough time to pull weeds and putter around, then take a break during a rain shower, then hit it again. Worked out well. :-) Pouring now, with thunder.

• melvalena
    16 years ago

Near as I can tell we've only had soft gentle rain here at my place.

The new gutters are working well so far!
    Yesterday I filled the trenches back in and transplanted some cannas to the former trench area.
    No flooding in that bed that's drove me crazy every spring since we moved in. A gully washer is needed before I'm sure though.

I should have insisted we re do those gutters years ago!

• pjtexgirl
    16 years ago

We got a perfect rain overnight. Nice and steady without pounding the flowers down. PJ

• Bev__
    16 years ago

We got a lot of rain Mon nite and it rained on & off most of Tues. Looks like rain thru Fri. I still have half a doz yard projects to get done before the heat hits.

Sponsored
Castle Wood Carpentry, Inc
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars1 Review
Custom Craftsmanship & Construction Solutions in Franklin County