Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
carolann_z8

PJ~We're so proud of you!

carolann_z8
17 years ago

PJ has been running for cancer.

PJ, I want you to know how proud of you I am.

Comments (31)

• jolanaweb
    17 years ago

PJ, you are my hero
    I am so proud of you also.

{{gwi:1310754}}

• little_dani
    17 years ago

I wish I could run for cancer research too. I can't run past 30 yards.....make that 30 feet!

I think PJ is a hero, too.

Janie

• natvtxn
    17 years ago

Yes, we are proud of you! I can't run at all. You go girl.

• carrie751
    17 years ago

You are running for all of us who cannot - go, girl, go!!!!

• pjtexgirl
    17 years ago

Hellooooo! OMG!!! Thank you. *blush*. I am now running 6 "speed work" miles. That means 6 miles at top speed,break for a minute or two, then do it again. My rear hurts a lot now! My DH probably thinks it matches my personality(guffaw!) PJ

• Bev__
    17 years ago

YEA PJ......keep on running.
    I have trouble just walking sme days!
    Even when I was young, I never was a good runner.

• Texasorbust
    17 years ago

Go PJ, Go PJ.......have never high-fived in real life but would high five you for this! 6miles top speed? My side hurts just typing that, lol.

• pjtexgirl
    17 years ago

Thanks TorB! I was right about my origional assessment tho. Raising money is a LOT harder than running. Running slow(coming in last!) I could finish the race. I'm down 400.00 still on my fund raising. They offer some volunteer hours to raise money for your account. I might try to find the time to do those. Wish me luck!!!PJ

• sally2_gw
    17 years ago

I think of you often, PJ, with your endeavor to run a half marathon. DH and I went out walking/joggin this morning, and during the jogging segments I wonder how you manage to run so far. I'm lucky if I can jog a tenth of a mile, much less 6. Way to go!

Sally

• Dena Walters
    17 years ago

Wow PJ Me too..I am soo proud of you and grateful!!!
    Thank you so much!! What about if people could manage to donate .. you know $5. here $10. there...how would we do that for your fund raiser?
    Dena

• natvtxn
    17 years ago

When I was young, I could run like a deer. Once when my boys were about 4, 9, & 10, one of them said race you Mama. I took off flat footed. I looked back and all 3 and their dad were standing there with their mouths hanging open. One said, "Mama! I didn't know you could run!"
    It's our long legs.

• jolanaweb
    17 years ago

In case PJ doesn't see the offer in time, gotta get Dena now, lol

Here is a link that might be useful: PJ's fundraiser

• pjtexgirl
    17 years ago

(((Jolana))) You do love me!!!Thanks!
    BTW, the logo for my church is being printed now. It's all said and done but not put on my site! I might just put it on there myself darn it! PJ

• pjtexgirl
    17 years ago

natv, I was fast when I was younger too! I thought NOTHING of running 10 miles. Now, it takes forever and I'm wore out!!!! I miss being that fleet and light...*sigh*PJ

• Dena Walters
    17 years ago

OK..so shoot me..LOL....done..thanks ms.jolana..how did I miss that? Man I have been gone too long, and now I won't be back on until Monday.
    Good Luck PJ in raising the money for a Great Cause..and just maybe there are others like me..ok hopefully not exactly like me..lol..who might have missed that website and will now donate also.
    Dena

• pjtexgirl
    17 years ago

THANK YOU DENA!!!! Thanks everyone for all your support and encouragement! I so totally appreciate it.... I can't even describe how I feel! PJ

• natvtxn
    17 years ago

My oldest son is a hodgkin's disease survivor...12 years and counting.

• pjtexgirl
    17 years ago

I'm so glad he's been in remission for so long. Is it considered "cured" after 10 yrs of remission or am I confused? Everyone's donations mean so much to me! Especially those people who are going through or have been through this terrible disease. Thank you! PJ

• jolanaweb
    17 years ago

PJ, right back at you honey!!!
    We love and admire you so much

• natvtxn
    17 years ago

10 years is right. But I'm Mom and don't believe
    everything I'm told.

• beachplant
    17 years ago

Run! Mom had surgery yesterday. She has uterine cancer. We're waiting on the final pathology. It might have been caught early thanks to an abdominal x-ray she had. Cross your fingers.
    We're going to start calling her kitty. She's fast using up those 9 lives.
    I used to run but the ice kept falling out of my drink. Actually the only thing I run is my mouth!!
    Good luck, we know you can do it.
    Everyone go to PJ's site and give her money. I did. Every little bit helps.
    Tally HO!

• pjtexgirl
    17 years ago

Tally I'm so sorry your mom is sick. I'm really glad they caught it early!!!
    I feel sad and laugh at your posts a lot y'know. PJ

• natvtxn
    17 years ago

Oh, Tally. Yes fingers are crossed + toes and eyes.

• melvalena
    17 years ago

Cheers for you PJ!!!

• pjtexgirl
    17 years ago

Janie THANK YOU!!!! Y'all are all so fantastic! This run wouldn't be possible without fantastic people like you!!!
    SO! Who wants to run with me? LOL!PJ

• little_dani
    17 years ago

ANYBODY who even THINKS I might want to run is nuts!

But I am glad you run. Thank you.

Janie

• pjtexgirl
    17 years ago

Welcome :^) PJ

• bev1951
    17 years ago

PJ in our hearts we're running with you. How does that go - - the mind is willing but the body is gone. Add me to the proud of you list. Thank You.

• pjtexgirl
    17 years ago

Thankyou Bev 1951(not to confuse you with the other Bev again...sorry!)

BTW, just because I look like a fortune teller on my fundraiser site doesn't mean I'm not a serious runner.:^) PJ

• grittymitts
    17 years ago

P. J., as usual I'm late...but want to acknowledge first hand the importance of what you're doing.

A year ago in January we lost our precious nephew to leukemia after a valiant battle of 18 months.

Thousands had attended a bone marrow drive and several hundred pints of blood were donated.

Matthew was like a grandchild to us, and while we loved him dearly & thought him absolutely wonderful, we had no idea how beloved he was to others. We'd never seen such an outpouring of love for a young person. All schools were closed; Principal and baseball coach spoke of how Matt always took new students under his wing- how he wouldn't tolerate anyone bullying another, etc.

Four of his nurses came to the service despite threat of firing if they didn't come in to work. Leader of country singing group, "Lone Star" wrote a special song for Matt then came & sang it at his service. It was the first time I'd ever seen a Minister totally break down while holding a funeral; once composed he said he had seen Matt in the same pew every Sunday for 15 years.

All employees that didn't close their businesses stood outside as the procession went by.

Later I went to newspaper office & when Editor heard me say I wanted to purchase copies of a particular edition, he came out of his office & asked if I was related. Then refused to let me pay for 20 copies of the paper with front page pic, announcement, and two more articles and pictures inside and unashamedly wept as he told me how Matt had pulled the whole town together in his illness and even before that had a reputation for touching lives with his deep caring & concern for one and all.
    His parents established a scholarship because Matt had expressed concerns that several of his friends families could not afford college for them. We contributed 'til it truly hurt.

I can't help but wonder how many more lives he may have touched and what wonderful things he may have accomplished had he lived. While he left a hole in our lives, no one want him to suffer any longer.

When Matt knew the end was near, he asked his Dad to please finish putting up walls in their rec room (they already had TV's, pool tables, games, etc.) of their new home and continue to have his buddies over for church's Youth Night. The day after the funeral a bunch of guys showed up to put up sheetrock, mud and & paint walls!

Hats off to you, P.J. Your gift may one day save another child and family from this heartbreaking, devastating disease. God bless!

• pjtexgirl
    17 years ago

Your story made me cry grittymitts. That's exactly why I'm doing this. I had patients(respite & hospice) that I really couldn't help get healthy again. I understand that,that is what life is like sometimes but it broke my heart anyway.
    I'm hoping the money we raise makes this disease and others like it as obsolete as small pox.
    Thank you for sharing that. PJ